All things Politics

It is recognised that this is a fraught topic for any number of you posting here. Some of you will have family in Israel or Palestine. Some of you will have connections to either side of the conflict. What you need to understand is that this site has rules governing posting standards and the appropriate way to talk to other posters, and you will abide by them.

How this interacts with this thread is that the following will result in your post being deleted, with a recurrence of the same behaviour resulting in (depending on severity) a threadban for a week and a day off:
  • direct labelling of someone as anti-semitic or a terrorist sympathiser for posting that is merely critical of Israel's response over time. Israel has the right to defend themselves from violence, but that does not mean that Israel has carte blanche to attack disproportionately towards people under their care.
  • deliberate goading or flippant responses, designed to get people reacting to your posting emotionally.
  • abuse.
  • attempts to turn this into a Left vs Right shitfight.
  • Use the word 'Nazi' in here, you had better be able to justify it in the post you're making and the comparison had better be apt. Godwin's law is in full effect for the purposes of this thread; if you refer to Nazis, you've lost whatever argument you're involved in.
  • Any defense of Hamas' actions on the basis of justification. There's no justification for genocide, regardless of whether or not they have the power to do so.
Please recognise that this is a difficult time for all involved, and some level of sensitivity is absolutely required to permit discussion to flow. From time to time, mods will reach out to specific posters and do some welfare checks; we may even give posters who get a bit too involved some days off to give people some time to cool down. This is not a reflection on you as a poster, merely that this is an intense subject.

I get that this is a fairly intense topic about which opinion can diverge rather significantly. If you feel you cannot be respectful in your disagreement with another poster, it is frequently better to refuse to engage than it is to take up the call.

From this point, any poster who finds themselves directly insulting another poster will find themselves receiving a threadban and an infraction, with each subsequent reoccurance resulting in steadily more points added to your account.

It has also become apparent that this needs to be said: just because someone moderates this forum that does not hold them to a different standard of posting than anyone else. All of us were posters first, and we are allowed to hold opinions on this and share them on this forum.

Treat each other with the respect each of you deserve.

Maggie5 Gone Critical Anzacday Jen2310

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
1574547929311.png

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Oct 7, 2001
AFL Club
Collingwood
London shows just why we cannot let anybody associated with terrorist organisations back into the country.
Be it the “reformed” terrorist or their spouses and offspring.
They do not reform and they hate us and our way of life. This hate is drilled into their children’s minds and cannot be trusted.
Ever.

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
London shows just why we cannot let anybody associated with terrorist organisations back into the country.
Be it the “reformed” terrorist or their spouses and offspring.
They do not reform and they hate us and our way of life. This hate is drilled into their children’s minds and cannot be trusted.
Ever.
Maybe if we stopped, invading their countries, stealing their natural resources, starving their populations and bombing the s**t out of their countries when they try to resist our imperialism, they might stop wanting to retaliate against us

By the way, Murdoch has you well trained in believing the propaganda that its all about them "hating our way of life"

See if you can guess who the real terrorists are in this scenario?

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2001
AFL Club
Collingwood
Maybe if we stopped, invading their countries, stealing their natural resources, starving their populations and bombing the s**t out of their countries when they try to resist our imperialism, they might stop wanting to retaliate against us

By the way, Murdoch has you well trained in believing the propaganda that its all about them "hating our way of life"

See if you can guess who the real terrorists are in this scenario?
Don’t disagree with you’re assessment of the wrongs committed against their various regimes.
Of course you don’t give a balanced assessment of those regimes and the harm they would have happily have done to us, you and your family given half a chance.
No, I don’t agree with all the “interventions”, but I do understand that sometimes pre-emptime strikes are required.
No matter the cost, can you really say hand on heart that your life has not been protected by these actions?
I don’t need Murdoch to train me in believing “propaganda“, I believe in what I see reported by the ABC, BBC and other independent sources.
Maybe you need to examine the reliability and exhortation of your sources. Unless you have actually lived your point of view.

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Don’t disagree with you’re assessment of the wrongs committed against their various regimes.
Of course you don’t give a balanced assessment of those regimes and the harm they would have happily have done to us, you and your family given half a chance.
No, I don’t agree with all the “interventions”, but I do understand that sometimes pre-emptime strikes are required.
No matter the cost, can you really say hand on heart that your life has not been protected by these actions?
I don’t need Murdoch to train me in believing “propaganda“, I believe in what I see reported by the ABC, BBC and other independent sources.
Maybe you need to examine the reliability and exhortation of your sources. Unless you have actually lived your point of view.
Some people don't understand deliberately, some through lack of interest and some through ignorance

Who enabled AQ & ISIS? who encouraged them? who armed them? who funded them?
That information is not hard to find

Oct 7, 2001
AFL Club
Collingwood
Some people don't understand deliberately, some through lack of interest and some through ignorance

Still doesn’t excuse what they became and what they want to do.
Do to those who don’t agree with their extremism. Our are you seriously defending/excusing their current actions on those who “enabled” them?
Time you chose a side, unless you already have.

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Still doesn’t excuse what they became and what they want to do.
Do to those who don’t agree with their extremism. Our are you seriously defending/excusing their current actions on those who “enabled” them?
Time you chose a side, unless you already have.
So in your case we can distill it down to Deliberately or Ignorance?

ExcitementMachine

Premiership Player
Aug 5, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood

I guess we can blame the actions of Nazi Germany on France or soemthing/someone... :think::huh:

Oct 7, 2001
AFL Club
Collingwood
Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Even after everything we now know about the lies we were told about the Iraqi Invasion, there are still people on here who would say the war was justified.

They refuse to recognize that bringing down Saddam enabled the rise of ISIS, they refuse to recognize the testimony provided in the US Congress that the US Military armed ISIS and then encouraged Saudi Arabia to fund ISIS

These people and not just ignorant, they are deliberately so

domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
I think it has something to do with French wine and Brie cheese, I'm pretty sure the Nazi party hierarchy liked that stuff
The Treaty of Versailles was important to Hitler's rise to power because, it was the cause of Germany's economic downfall. Hitler felt very strongly about the Treaty of Versailles and thought the terms were unfair towards Germany. Many German people also despised the treaty, and wanted something done about it.
A quick history lesson. Apparently it was the extremely harsh terms of the treaty which drove the German people into the arms of a man who promised to restore their pride, dignity, economic and military status. I'm sure you understand the reference now. As far as Islamic terrorism is concerned,please
explain why the overwhelming majority of its victims are Muslims if it is all about the evil west invading their lands.

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
The Treaty of Versailles was important to Hitler's rise to power because, it was the cause of Germany's economic downfall. Hitler felt very strongly about the Treaty of Versailles and thought the terms were unfair towards Germany. Many German people also despised the treaty, and wanted something done about it.
A quick history lesson. Apparently it was the extremely harsh terms of the treaty which drove the German people into the arms of a man who promised to restore their pride, dignity, economic and military status. I'm sure you understand the reference now. As far as Islamic terrorism is concerned,please
explain why the overwhelming majority of its victims are Muslims if it is all about the evil west invading their lands.
Off topic, but I used to be a member of a little services club in Melbourne which holds one of the original versions of the Treaty of Versailles. One of the now-deceased members was on staff in Versailles and pocketed one of the originals as they signed a few more than the number of signatories, just in case one went missing. One did!

What about the contention made by many (including German historians) that the terms of the Treaty were quite fair and lenient?

What pride and dignity can be gained by anything the Nazi party achieved?

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
So the Washington Post has done an in depth investigation into the Afghanistan War only to discover that we were lied to.....who would have thought?

After all Iraq, Libya and Syria were all righteous actions......nah, just kidding

Back