Mega Thread All things positive (the Rainbow connection) thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One positive I have already got out of this year is .. the look Magna gets from Neeld and Craig when he goes to training Monday ...

Didn't they get rid of him???

Didn't he bag them?

Should be fun anyway

Wasn't there was a time when some of us had a respect for Magner, especially when seven did that pre show bit on him during half time of that essendon game. Also i can't recall correctly i know roos got rid of seller but did neeld get rid of magner?

Hogan to Freo rumour has existed about as long as Freo has. It will either happen, or it won't.
It won't. Like someone said if after two years he's played well enough to deserve $1.7m Freo had better hope that they're on the bottom of the ladder, or be prepared to give up Fyfe + a first rounder + Pavlich's recently born son.

Time to bump this mother up. Paul Roos is a true professional. He's always known that his job is to bring this club back to respectability, and there's only so many delistings you can make every year. He had a look at the fixture and highlighted the last three rounds. We were never going to win these games, so may as well play the spuds. See if Bail, M Jones and Spencer have improved over the previous 6 months. He's willing to take the whack to his reputation.

We've learned that J Watts playing has nothing to do with our intensity. We've learned that Pedo is better than Dawes. He'll dripfeed games to the likes of Neal-Bullen and co, and when the likes of Viney and Jetta come back, we'll never see the likes of Matt ****** Jones again. At the end of his tenure, he'll hand over a quality list to Simon Goodwin.

It was never going to be a quick fix at Melbourne. We knew that and we begged for a careful approach after the Neeld years. Well here it is. As our good mate Garry Lyon says 'nothing is ever as good or as bad as it seems'. Go Dees.

The biggest issue has been our depth.

Bet 22 player get injured or loose form and we have good VFL players to replace them with.

Last year these players were in our best team, another year with Roos on he trade and hopefully we'll have 25 capable AFL players and build from there to 30+ like the best teams do.

I think a fully fit best 22 for us this year will be the best team we've fielded in 8 years.

We were never going to win these games,

Now this is selective quoting at its finest, and please understand I'm not having a go at you as the rest of your post made some good points, but its this point in particular that has been swimming around in my head for a while.

Eliminating this attitude is, essentially I think, 70-80 per cent of Roos job. Obviously one way to eradicate it is to actually win games of football, but we all know that sometimes a win eludes you no matter how good you play.

The issue I have with Roos in the last three weeks is that he is failing this edict, one which I am nearly one hundred per cent sure he has said himself, that he will eliminate the drubbings and get us back to somewhere where we can actually hold our heads high as a club. Yes we beat Richmond and Gold Coast but even in the total pox years we snagged a couple of wins.

The team I saw run out yesterday didn't look like a Paul Roos team. It looked like a team accepting of its fate, happy to follow script and roll over when things got too hard. This isn't all Paul's fault, because we're coming from a long long way back and some of the players we had on the park don't have the fundamental skill set to compete with the reigning premiers.

But I know that when a team is playing competitive football, when they are playing under a strongly regimented plan and for each other, 100 point losses don't happen. Six to eight goal losses maybe, but 100 is a magical figure of surrender that has nothing to do with talent and everything to do with attitude.

And Roos is getting a lot of money to fix that attitude. He has made a career out of telling people you are the sort of person who instils that attitude in others. And he needs to act fast, because soon the aura he has over players will be lost. Some aren't worth saving, but there are newer players (Hogan, Brayshaw, Salem etc) who we can't afford to let them develop the sort of attitude that has seen us lose eight games by a hundred points in the last seven odd years.

The whole thing is concerning because, if not now for the MFC....when?

Roos looked frustrated during the Freo game. Yesterday he looked calm - either expecting to get pumped or knowing there was nothing to be done about it with the cattle we had out there.

Vince
Viney
Brayshaw
McDonald in the first half of the year
HOGAN
Gawn
ANB

More wins than last year
Winning in Geelong

Just a few positives

Remove this Banner Ad

Back