Mega Thread All things positive (the Rainbow connection) thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't mind the talls on your list. Frawley, Garland and Watts should be fine down back. Clark, Dawes, Hogan and Howe could be really good.

The midfield is obviously the worry but also probably the easiest to fix. You already have Jones, Viney, Trengrove, Sylvia and Toumpas. Use the top pick on the best mid available, use your second rounder and third rounders on mids from good clubs. No idea who is available but you could probably get a nice kid like Savage from Hawthorn for a third rounder and a nice 3 year deal, the way Sydney poaches their players. Then you see who you can shake loose in free agency, maybe one more in the PSD.

I apologise if this sounds like optimistic rubbish but I don't think it's unrealistic that with some nice draft picks, no salary cap pressures, the opportunity to cement a spot at senior level as incentives that you could potentially shake out maybe 3 decent mids plus the blue chip 1st round choice. Add that to what is already there, a nice positive coach like Ratten or Harvey and Melbourne could be at least back to where Brisbane are now which is perfectly average.

I apologise if this sounds like optimistic rubbish but I don't think it's unrealistic that with some nice draft picks, no salary cap pressures, the opportunity to cement a spot at senior level as incentives that you could potentially shake out maybe 3 decent mids plus the blue chip 1st round choice. Add that to what is already there, a nice positive coach like Ratten or Harvey and Melbourne could be at least back to where Brisbane are now which is perfectly average.

What I would give for this club to be average.

My new favourite twitter account (needs more love)
Jack Watts doing things
www.twitter.com/wattsdointhings
MFCSS humour is going to strange new places.

DeS6ex3.jpg

Despite the fact that he brought a white flag to the football, in anticipation of a deebacle.

Next year, all membership packs will include a white flag.

Thought I'd post some more rational thoughts that I also posted on the main board.

We finished 5th in 2006. This is the 7th year we're down and out. 7 years is a long time but not an eternity. In that time we also erased all our debt I should add. There are positives to be found. Other clubs have gone through similar horrors. This is our darkest period ever though...yes. We will, like others, get out of it though. Enough people care and are willing to help/fight for us to rise again. That and our list has some great potential if given the right experience to help it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know what? Let's stop feeling sorry for ourselves and do something!!

Let's storm the next board meeting and hold them hostage until they release control of the Melbourne FC to the BigFooty Melbourne Community (flogs not included - you know who you are)

That would surely be a positive right?

Realistically, we don't need businessmen to be on the board - we need people who know footy clubs, smart people who can interpret and understand information that is provided to them on key issues, but most of all we need guys who know footy on the board, and guys who are noted leaders.

Junior, Neitz, Schwartz, etc.

Let's storm the next board meeting and hold them hostage until they release control of the Melbourne FC to the BigFooty Melbourne Community (flogs not included - you know who you are)

Realistically, we don't need businessmen to be on the board - we need people who know footy clubs, smart people who can interpret and understand information that is provided to them on key issues, but most of all we need guys who know footy on the board, and guys who are noted leaders.

I'll put my hand up for coach. I couldn't do any worse, right?

Agree with all of that, with the addition that we need people around the club who have had no real association with it in the past. The club has always drummed up how great it is to have all these Melbourne people back doing big things at the club but it has put us in the s**t. Get in people who want to get their hands dirty and who don't mind stepping on some toes. Only then can we start to go in the right direction.

I'm down for the hostage thing.

No, I say we cut their heads off! And all their other bits too. Send them back on the hour, every hour.

And of course, we point out that the club bears full responsibility when we chop 'em up.

And that we shall not submit to blackmail!

peoples-front-of-judea-salute.jpg

No, I say we cut their heads off! And all their other bits too. Send them back on the hour, every hour.

And of course, we point out that the club bears full responsibility when we chop 'em up.

There is a job for Liam Jurrah.

My lack of want to sink myself into BF negativity has meant I just finished my essay at 12:15 rather than 4am.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back