Mega Thread All things positive (the Rainbow connection) thread

All things positive & hope for better times.

We need some uninhibited, unbalanced & overly optimistic discussion so lets get on the unicorn & ride a rainbow to better times.

But seriously, lets look toward the things we can see that will provide us and the club with a brighter future.

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hogan is the #1 thing on most minds. I really don't think we can miss with this kid. He just looks that good.

I still believe Trengove can find a way to break the shackles. If he comes into 2014 fit and unburdened, it'll go a long way into making us a better team. I've been a huge huge HUGE critic the last 18 months, but I still believe.

Clark can only get better with the rest of this season unhindered, and a full pre-season leading into 2014.

Dawes is an unknown, but what if he shines? It'll be fantastic for us. He is still young.

Tapscott is getting better every week.

Garland is shining. Frawley we know can play exceptionally well. If he can drag Tom McDonald with him into the "land of good form", then that's a very very good core for our backline.

Jones and Howe are both terrific nearly every week. I can't imagine how much better they will look in a side that is winning games.

Viney will be a jet. Toumpas will join him in this category.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
In 100 years we'll all be dead and no one will remember we drafted Addam Maric.

Jack Grimes, Nathan Jones, Mitch Clark, Jack Viney, Jesse Hogan, Colin Garland, Max Gawn, Jeremy Howe, Matt Jones... Jack Watts, Jack Trengove, James Frawley, Luke Tapscott, Sam Blease, Tom McDonald... the list isn't a complete bust, just need someone to put all the pieces together and make a club out of it.

We should get to see Dawes pull on the jumper for the first time this weekend, that's a positive.

Good positive that one too. Will be great to see him out there.

Outside of Clark and Grimes our injury list is good too so at least all players are out there contributing and aiming to improve in terms of work rate and game plan.

Plus if we win, like we should, this weekend then we are 2-5. Might be wins against the expansion side but it's been a while since we've had 2 wins inside 7 rounds.

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
Plus if we win, like we should, this weekend then we are 2-5. Might be wins against the expansion side but it's been a while since we've had 2 wins inside 7 rounds.

We'll be above the Saints and Bulldogs too. Anything that can mentally make the players feel better - being above quite a few other teams, even for a week, would help a lot.

Having a look forward to the second half of the season, after our Round 12 bye, we play these winnable games:

Saints
Bulldogs @ MCG
Lions (@ TIO Darwin)
Giants (@ Skoda)
Suns (@ Manuka)
Bulldogs (@ Etihad)

I reckon we could win 4/6 of these. Rolling the Bulldogs at Etihad in Round 22 would be massive. I just feel we're getting a little better each week and if it continues we can end the year really strongly.

Wonaeamirri33

Lovable Whore With A Heart Of Gold
10k Posts Bay 13: Flog of the Year Chocolate Artist Ruby
May 10, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
FITZROY, Aylesbury United, St Pauli
We need some uninhibited, unbalanced & overly optimistic discussion so lets get on the unicorn & ride a rainbow to better times.

Permission to provide appropriate theme music, CA? It is my idiom after all...

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:_____________________________________________:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:_____________________________________________:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

something something draft picks?

If you turn up on Sunday there's probably only going to be 30 people there so if they're s**t they'll hear your swearing personally.

Wonaeamirri33

Lovable Whore With A Heart Of Gold
10k Posts Bay 13: Flog of the Year Chocolate Artist Ruby
May 10, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
FITZROY, Aylesbury United, St Pauli
**** the ironing in the thread title. As some of you know I got hitched a month ago. Both Melbourne supporters, 1st dance -> rainbow connection. Lol.

Gotta love rainbows don'tcha! :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

I reckon we could win 4/6 of these. Rolling the Bulldogs at Etihad in Round 22 would be massive. I just feel we're getting a little better each week and if it continues we can end the year really strongly.

Hell, if we put up the same workrate for four quarters like we did on Sunday, I don't see why we shouldn't win all those matches mate.

We fixed our jumper so it's got a proper (and very nice) red now. I proudly wear it when I play soccer, despite people thinking it's a basketball singlet.

ramastar

Senior List
Oct 30, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Newcastle United FC
I’m optimistic that in the near future we won’t be over paying out players because of salary cap rules in the players EBA.
We will be using 95% of our salary cap on players who deserve it. Then it I won’t feel like the club is leeching money.
That is a bit harsh, but it is my number 1 gripe at the moment.

I’m actually positive about this almost ‘money ball’ style of list management we’ve got going at the moment. I think Melbourne has relied on the hopes and dreams of first round draft picks for too long. As a result the club suffered from it. Instead of letting the young blokes play in the 2’s for 1, 2 or 3 years likes a Collingwood, Geelong or St Kilda, we’ve been rushing them out in the vain hope that they’ll be the next big thing in AFL and cure all of our woes. In turn it is ruining their development, and not fixing any of our problems.

But now, we seem to be bringing in older, more experienced players to fill in gaps and roles we have for the short term. Yes we may be really really really! shite for the next year or two, but these experienced players will impart some wisdom, and allow the youngens to be played in the VFL instead of getting pounded in the AFL by blokes twice their size and experience. Unfortunately this isn’t happening enough, but it is a positive step.

Yes, we’ve been stuck with a few duds through this like Pedo-bear and Rodan, but Boo-urns is looking positive now and Dawes will come online soon and hopefully re-kindle some form. Also, if we keep at this tactic for a while, we might land some decent mature players through FA like a Daisy Thomas (I know wishful thinking).

I know some people don't like it, but I also think our clash jumper is the best it has ever been. I wish we didn't have to wear it so much though.

It is nice. I wish the blue below the yoke were a tad bigger as it tends to get lost behind the big WebJet logo.

I know some people don't like it, but I also think our clash jumper is the best it has ever been. I wish we didn't have to wear it so much though.

I'd prefer it was royal blue. We'd only need the white for road games against Brisbane and Freo... maybe the WB.

I'd prefer it was royal blue. We'd only need the white for road games against Brisbane and Freo... maybe the WB.

That is a brilliant idea.

We will be using 95% of our salary cap on players who deserve it.

Nathan Jones is looking forward to his 6 million per year contract.

Back