Mega Thread All things positive (the Rainbow connection) thread

Remove this Banner Ad

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
I mean, Weid finishing in the top 10 in the B&F is an eyebrow raiser for sure. Had no more than 3-4 games where he had a significant influence

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Fitness in terms of running out games looked okay. In a normal season without 4 and 5 day breaks and our original fixture, I suspect we would have found our way into the eight (though not necessarily much further) which would have earned a grudging pass mark from most. A good number of our important players are young and you would anticipate some improvement from them over the next few years. May was fantastic to watch, and I think Petracca is just getting started in terms of where he will finish. Goody used some more facial expressions from time to time.

I really enjoyed The Captain’s Run Podcast - Max and Gus are naturals. I hope it continues. Every one of our jumpers worn this year was excellent. I particularly enjoyed the old demon logo one against GWS.

Last edited:
My main positive for 2020 is that our backline held up without big frosty. I was worried after our best player left. But, fair to say that our backline was simply incredible with May taking the lead.

Fork n Hell

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
I mean, Weid finishing in the top 10 in the B&F is an eyebrow raiser for sure. Had no more than 3-4 games where he had a significant influence
i actually thought that was probably about right for Weideman. he was in pretty good form for a while there after being left out for the start of the year, especially when Jackson was there to help him out as another tall.
some others that would usually be in the top 10 really didn't have good years, like Melksham and Harmes, yet they still got a gig most weeks. while others were in and out all year and never given a chance to settle into the side with Goodys revolving door selection policy.
Tmac even fell completely out of the best 22.
thought Fritsch was probably the one that was a bit stiff, but he cant complain because he wasted alot of chances in front of goals this year and as they say, poor kicking is poor footy, so stiff s**t for him i guess.

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
i actually thought that was probably about right for Weideman. he was in pretty good form for a while there after being left out for the start of the year, especially when Jackson was there to help him out as another tall.
some others that would usually be in the top 10 really didn't have good years, like Melksham and Harmes, yet they still got a gig most weeks. while others were in and out all year and never given a chance to settle into the side with Goodys revolving door selection policy.
Tmac even fell completely out of the best 22.
thought Fritsch was probably the one that was a bit stiff, but he cant complain because he wasted alot of chances in front of goals this year and as they say, poor kicking is poor footy, so stiff sh*t for him i guess.

I definitely had Fritsch & Lever ahead of him, Harmes finishing outside the top 20 is super disappointing for him

3E083CBF-A8CE-40B4-A7C5-82C6DB27C93F.jpeg

Was going to bump this also. We might just be living through the times I spoke about in the OP.

Some posts really haven’t aged well.
Positive: I still have my 2013 scarf to remind us of this s**t

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Hi Positive Thread, I've missed you.

+ve:
Thursday night game means I can be in a sh*t mood all Friday and get paid for it rather than spend a large portion of the weekend being pissed off :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
This is a very good point. Plus nobody is bothering to show at the office at present so I won’t have to make polite conversation about our shitty loss

Goody is contracted to the end of 2022 and so is Clarko :rainbow: We are selling the Bentleigh club to get him.
We’re selling it to Clarko, who’s going to knock it down and build our new training facility on site which will also be his house. It’s based on the one Hawthorn have built in Dingley.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Headless wins this thread.
Lovely find!

I feel a bit awkward because I mentally sorted that post into the file containing hats and decaf.

I choose now to acknowledge the genius. Also I like the hats and decaf information BIG TIME

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Was going to bump this also. We might just be living through the times I spoke about in the OP.

Some posts really haven’t aged well.
My posts age like fine wine. That and I take up a fence-sitting position early each season plus nobody reads them much

Remove this Banner Ad

Back