Mega Thread All things Pre-season: 2012.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

yakka man

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 27, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Lyon raising the bar for pre-season

New coach Ross Lyon has brought a new regime to the Fremantle Dockers - a regime that has seen the benchmark shifted, according to Sports Science manager Jason Weber.

Anthony Morabito - He should be running in the next couple of weeks.

David Mundy -He’ll be back in a couple of weeks and ready to go.

Matt de Boer -. He’s about 7-14 days away from unrestricted activity.

Garrick Ibbotson, Nick Lower and Nat Fyfe (shoulder surgeries) - All of them have good mobility in their shoulders now and are progressing quite nicely.

Matthew Pavlich -He’s up and running on his holiday and doing very well.

Michael Barlow - He’ll commence running in the next 14 days.

Hayden Ballantyne - He was running exceptionally well prior to going on leave. He’s had a break now and we’ll push him back in.

Aaron Sandilands - His toe is good. He was running before he went on leave.

I look forward to the first session on Monday. Good to see that the players and the clun have some real focus. Why are Bawlow and De Boer still not right?

Re: Lyon raising the bar for pre-season

an added bonus of lyon is that he's worked with dave misson for the past few years to keep the saints relatively injury free. surely his input will have a positive effect on the sports science/conditioning team.

If Ross can get those mentioned above through the preseason without any set backs, that will raise my bar...

That is the number 1 priority.

I would love an update on Michie if anyone is heading down to training in the coming weeks. I reckon he will have a big year if he is able to stay on the track this pre-season.

I forget, but is there a reason Barlow wouldn't be able to run in the next 14 days? I thought he played the last game and came out of it injury free?

There shouldn't be. He finished the season unscathed and has had plenty of time through the players annual leave to top up. He should be ready for a full, hard pre-season.

Thanks for that yakkaman. I was sure I'd seen Anthony running down at Freo .

I stopped buying that West Coast rag 6 years ago. Surprising quality article though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Ross can get those mentioned above through the preseason without any set backs, that will raise my bar...

Please give me plenty of notice of any 'Bar raising' when I am sitting next to you in the footy in 2012 Seppo! Give me a chance to run for a beer! LOL;)

Does anyone know what time training is tommorrow?

I rang the club late on Friday and reception did not know. I am heading down around 8:30am. I better not miss it or get there hours early.

I don't understand the bit on Mora, back running in two weeks, because I remember him running late in the season.

I think it was more of a 'back up and running at full capacity' comment, rather than a 'running for the first time in 12 months' type comment. He would've been jogging after 2-3 months (IIRC) and running after 4-5 months (again IIRC; it's been a while since I did mine).

If anyone is wondering the assistants are all out now putting cones in place. Balls are out there, can't be far off now. Behind closed doors with Lyon I imagine. Wow exciting! I'm such a footy nerd :)

i'll get in early and say thank you, nerds, for these reports. especially for us east coast supporters. much appreciated!

If anyone is wondering the assistants are all out now putting cones in place. Balls are out there, can't be far off now. Behind closed doors with Lyon I imagine. Wow exciting! I'm such a footy nerd :)

Thanks E shed, have you got a nice possie out of the sun on the marble bench?

Also have a request for anyone tech savvy heading down:
PICS OR GTFO!

Without footy nerds I would be so much more productive, keep it up footy nerds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back