Mega Thread All things Pre-season: 2012.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tortoises? - maybe. But footy players? No. Just no.

Rate him as a promising back man though. The speed at which he broke into the team speaks to his overall quality. Does most things well and is composed under pressure. If he could find another yard and eliminate his floater over 40m+, we'd be raving about him.

His problem isn't pace, his problem is disposing of the ball when under pressure. That could be because of skills, inability to deal with pressure, decision making, any of that s**t, it doesn't matter. Either way, it's got fk all to do with his pace.

Besides a couple of clangers once coming on late as a sub, he hasn't done much wrong when playing for us.

I think Roberton has to turn into a KPD in order to survive, he IS too slow for a rebounding player and his kicking is very loopy, doesn't move the ball on quickly enough and he won't ever make it as a mid or as a forward.

Quicker than average, ha! What a joke junglemuffin :eek:

His problem isn't pace, his problem is disposing of the ball when under pressure. That could be because of skills, inability to deal with pressure, decision making, any of that s**t, it doesn't matter. Either way, it's got fk all to do with his pace.

Besides a couple of clangers once coming on late as a sub, he hasn't done much wrong when playing for us.

Jetta is jogging in this video and Robbo can´t make any ground on him. Our achilles heel has always been small nippy forwards because we dont have speed down back (L Thomas, Garletts, Rioli etc...). Tarrant performed the best on the little guys because he did have speed.

[YOUTUBE]Ut7uqsvmLR8[/YOUTUBE]

Roberton gets burnt off all the time, so much so you can actually see him "giving up the ghost" in alot of passages of play, so his tank is also not great. Jetta is quick but he was cruising towards the end of the goal above.

Roberton could probably run at the same speed he does over 20m for 20km. He is definitely slow off the mark.

And for someone saying he needs to be a KPP because of his lack of speed ... well, speed is still pretty damn important for a KPD. The top KPF will burn you off on the lead if you aren't good enough to use your instincts/smarts to be in touch with them.

Roberton could probably run at the same speed he does over 20m for 20km. He is definitely slow off the mark.

And for someone saying he needs to be a KPP because of his lack of speed ... well, speed is still pretty damn important for a KPD. The top KPF will burn you off on the lead if you aren't good enough to use your instincts/smarts to be in touch with them.
Roberton is 20 and is now the same height as Mcpharlin,he still has plenty of growing to do,we are crying out for young KPP/S with upside,he is one of them
He has a big tank and is not slow, just one paced but seems to be working on this by putting miles of the jog ,sprint laps into his legs during training. Mcpharlin wouldnt catch Jetta ,what KPD would
Roberton is a big part of our future,the kid has some serious courage and can definitely play.

Roberton is 20 and is now the same height as Mcpharlin,he still has plenty of growing to do,we are crying out for young KPP/S with upside,he is one of them
He has a big tank and is not slow, just one paced but seems to be working on this by putting miles of the jog ,sprint laps into his legs during training. Mcpharlin wouldnt catch Jetta ,what KPD would
Roberton is a big part of our future,the kid has some serious courage and can definitely play.

I agree with this. I think roberton could become a very solid key defender, he may not be a luke mcpharlin, but he doesnt need to be, as long as he can hold down his spot and beat his opponent

Few people grow in height after 18. Unless you're a freak or taking HGH on the sly, you will not grow after 20. You're essentially at the height you'll be for the rest of your life.

Jetta is jogging in this video and Robbo can´t make any ground on him. Our achilles heel has always been small nippy forwards because we dont have speed down back (L Thomas, Garletts, Rioli etc...). Tarrant performed the best on the little guys because he did have speed.

[youtube]Ut7uqsvmLR8[/youtube]

Jetta is jogging.... truth stretch much?

Next you'll be saying that patrick Dangerfield was jogging with Hill on his Tail.

Bloody hell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footywire has roberton at 191cm and 20 yrs and 9mths.
I think robbo has finished his growing in height.The lad definitely has guts.
We're stocked for backs now, we just need Goddard and couple of young KPF's.

Read into this what you want but have a look at the below link:

https://auctiondesq.imgstg.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category&CategoryID=1281&OrgID=1746

They are auctioning off the jerseys worn this saturday. I think we might be able to see who is going to be selected based on whether the description is 'Game worn jumper' or just 'player issued jumper'.

If this is the case, doesnt look like mundy, johnson or neale is playing

Great pick-up! 23 are listed as "match worn", so I think you are onto something.

Looks like we are going with one ruckman and no nominated/elevated rookie.

if this is indeed the list, then it is poor form by the club to give away our team 2 days in advance.

pretty sure they haven't picked the team 4 days before the match.

Honestly?

Yeah mate, seriously. If you paid attention to the D&T board you would be familiar with Quigley and know that he is one of the most knowledgable and thorough scouts of young talent that doesnt work for an afl club. I doubt he would pull that statistic out of thin air.

Anyway i'm contributing to an internet forum, i hardly need a peer-reviewed source or some poorly researched hackdorn article to support what i wrote.

Fwiw here is another site that seems to think roberton was in the bottom two or so of his draft camp for 20m: http://yscc.com.au/wiki/index.php?title=Dylan_Roberton

Coincidence?

pretty sure they haven't picked the team 4 days before the match.

you wouldn't think so, but given it is rd 1 they may have already chosen the team. anyway if it does end up being the list given on thursday then someone has stuffed up.

I think it is still the case that only 22 players are allowed to take the field in any given match. Of course it may be the case that the Lyon game plan depends on us fielding a team of 23.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back