(Log in to remove this ad.)

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
An insignificant trophy at that.

Oh shit.. I apologize.. didn't realise you guys were still in the Champions League re.. that's how much I worry about Man U re.
Settle down!! You're yet to win a trophy under Klopp, though he has at least had a positive impact on the club. Manchester United won two "major" trophies under Mourinho (in a fair bit less time than Klopp has had at Liverpool) yet we still sacked him (and rightly so).
That probably sums up the difference between the two clubs. One is a dead set winner, and won't accept failure, the other hasn't won for such a long time that coming second is probably good enough!!

There's no doubt that since Mourinho got the flick Man. United have been the best English team - we've been almost flawless in that time, and it's fortunate for the teams above us that we gave them such a headstart this season. Having said all of that, Manchester City are still the best team of the lot, and probably by a fair margin. When they fire they're a cut above anyone else (even Man Utd.), so it's lucky for Liverpool that they had that poor patch which let you in with a chance to win that first ever Premier League title.

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
Thread starter #58
Settle down!! You're yet to win a trophy under Klopp, though he has at least had a positive impact on the club. Manchester United won two "major" trophies under Mourinho (in a fair bit less time than Klopp has had at Liverpool) yet we still sacked him (and rightly so).
That probably sums up the difference between the two clubs. One is a dead set winner, and won't accept failure, the other hasn't won for such a long time that coming second is probably good enough!!

There's no doubt that since Mourinho got the flick Man. United have been the best English team - we've been almost flawless in that time, and it's fortunate for the teams above us that we gave them such a headstart this season. Having said all of that, Manchester City are still the best team of the lot, and probably by a fair margin. When they fire they're a cut above anyone else (even Man Utd.), so it's lucky for Liverpool that they had that poor patch which let you in with a chance to win that first ever Premier League title.
Liverpool

20190315_160740.jpg

Manchesdud United

20190315_160755.jpg

I rest my case re..

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Your case is not a strong one, Mr Gimp! By all means brag when you do finally add to that neglected trophy cabinet, as it's been a while, hasn't it?! Probably best to wait until then, I'd have thought! I'm sure you're feeling the pressure, as Liverpool simply must get that first ever Premier League title. Not that long back you had a very comfortable lead but you've lost it, City are firing again, and you may well have to wait another year.

It is 13 title wins to Manchester United out of 26 seasons. So 50% of the time we've won it, leaving the rest of England (and Wales) with 13 wins between them. That's utter dominance, of course, so you probably should have a fair chip on the shoulder over this!

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Premier_League
1552629638896.png

Liverpool..............0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Thread starter #63
Your case is not a strong one, Mr Gimp! By all means brag when you do finally add to that neglected trophy cabinet, as it's been a while, hasn't it?! Probably best to wait until then, I'd have thought! I'm sure you're feeling the pressure, as Liverpool simply must get that first ever Premier League title. Not that long back you had a very comfortable lead but you've lost it, City are firing again, and you may well have to wait another year.

It is 13 title wins to Manchester United out of 26 seasons. So 50% of the time we've won it, leaving the rest of England (and Wales) with 13 wins between them. That's utter dominance, of course, so you probably should have a fair chip on the shoulder over this!

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Premier_League
View attachment 635515
Liverpool..............0
C'mon re.. history is history regardless of whether it happened a yr ago or 100 yrs ago.. yes you've had a great period over the last 2 to 3 decades.. so how would you like to look at that successful period in 100 yrs time? As being insignificant?

Of course it's significant re.. good on yas.. equally as significant is our 18 division 1 titles compared to your 6.

The summary is what matters most..

Man u epl/division 1 titles = 20
Liverpool epl/division 1 titles = 18

Man u uefa champions league titles = 3
Liverpool uefa champions league titles = 5

We're even.. and we're on the front foot re..

20190315_172528.jpg

Last edited:

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
C'mon re.. history is history regardless of whether it happened a yr ago or 100 yrs ago.. yes you've had a great period over the last 2 to 3 decades.. so how would you like to look at that successful period in 100 yrs time? As being insignificant?

Of course it's significant re.. good on yas.. equally as significant is our 18 division 1 titles compared to your 6.

We're on the front foot as well, and playing superbly now. Despite the aberration against Arsenal we've outperformed everyone over the last three months. After making some horrible mistakes regarding choice of manager (and wasting a few years) we seem to be back on track now, and I expect us to be a major threat again for the big trophies over the next few years. You probably needed to get in and win something while we were down and struggling, because we're likely to be a major challenger again from next season onwards.

As for this season, we are in the last eight of the Champions League, last eight of the FA Cup, and a great chance of snaring a top four spot in the Premier League, so pretty well placed considering how poor we were for much of the year.

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Thread starter #66
We're on the front foot as well, and playing superbly now. Despite the aberration against Arsenal we've outperformed everyone over the last three months. After making some horrible mistakes regarding choice of manager (and wasting a few years) we seem to be back on track now, and I expect us to be a major threat again for the big trophies over the next few years. You probably needed to get in and win something while we were down and struggling, because we're likely to be a major challenger again from next season onwards.

As for this season, we are in the last eight of the Champions League, last eight of the FA Cup, and a great chance of snaring a top four spot in the Premier League, so pretty well placed considering how poor we were for much of the year.
Dynamics I need your help re.. I need your help re.. it's 3 against 1 here.. pffffff.

PicaBoo

Soldaat van Oranje
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
What other teams?
It is, hopefully it will lead to a ban on all military assault rifles in the population
Just a terrible day.
Only will level the playing field as the home grown terrorists still have access to AR's. But if we take that away, they will start making pipe bombs or similar like every other. Hopefully that will make them easier to catch though.

jmac70

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
North Footscray Devils

View attachment 635535
Counting pre EPL wins as being relevant.

You sound like a Richmond supporter.

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Thread starter #72

So the machine's 4peat is irrelevant in this day and age cause it was the vfl at the time? So 15 prenierships is irrelevant?

Ade re.

PicaBoo

Soldaat van Oranje
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
What other teams?
Only will level the playing field as the home grown terrorists still have access to AR's. But if we take that away, they will start making pipe bombs or similar like every other. Hopefully that will make them easier to catch though.
That this ends up in the all things soccer thread, says a lot about the state of the game:oops:

Quicky

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory

You're cherry picking jmac. Ignoring the history that suits your narrative. I reckon theres a big element of fear around what Liverpool can be if they reach their potential again. It threatens the status quo.

Top Bottom