Mega Thread All Things Tom Scully - Part II: "We can't lose Tom"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did have one question - if a shitkicker at Channel 10 has been told Scully has decided to leave - why hadn't it been announced on 10 News?

A very fair and reasonable question. The TV stations and newspapers don't wait for confirmation before running articles. If channel 10 thought that this news that TS had told MFC that he was off to GWS today, they would have run with on the news.

And, if TS had told MFC today that he was off, why would the club not tell their members immediately??? They would have absolutely nothing to gain by not releasing this news.

Asked a current Dees player tonight whether he thinks Tom will stay or go and this player seemed to think Tom would be staying put.

Hardly startling news I know, but to me it confirms that Tom is genuinely injured and rumours that he announced he was off to GWS to the playing group today = false.

Lol, ok, and are you going to name this player? (your source).. Seems a lot here believe what they choose to believe, and are skeptical about anything that doesn't suit them.

And youdontknowjackisanotheralias, sit back, relax and see what comes about on Monday morning..

Lol, ok, and are you going to name this player? (your source).. Seems a lot here believe what they choose to believe, and are skeptical about anything that doesn't suit them.

And youdontknowjackisanotheralias, sit back, relax and see what comes about on Monday morning..

PTRG, thanks for sharing what you have heard. One question. If channel 10 believe that this information regarding Tom is correct, why did they not run with it tonight on the news?

No alias mate, I was following the Dees back when Tom was swimming around in his dad's balls. I won't believe anything until Tom announces it officially, whichever way he wants to swing.
My post was not an attack, I felt it was a valid question.
The Age ran with the story about Callan Ward, still no announcement from him. What would stop them from running with the story if they were confident he was going?

PTRG, thanks for sharing what you have heard. One question. If channel 10 believe that this information regarding Tom is correct, why did they not run with it tonight on the news?

If 40 odd players and 20-30 staff know that he is leaving, then its fair to assume there would be a couple more leaks...

The bloke is talking out his a$$

To be honest Spirit, Im not sure. My guess would be that it isn't "official" and the broadcasting partner isn't going to run with just unconfirmed "inside info".. I haven't been in today (working at the doggies freo game tomo sigh..) But all I know is that the guy who usually provides me with this sort of "gossip" is 99% of the time bang on the money, and he's positive that Scully has told the players/club. About half an hour after he told me this, the first news came through of Scully being "rested"..
I find it highly odd that this other guy claims he talked to a player TONIGHT and said players knows nothing...

To be honest Spirit, Im not sure. My guess would be that it isn't "official" and the broadcasting partner isn't going to run with just unconfirmed "inside info".. I haven't been in today (working at the doggies freo game tomo sigh..) But all I know is that the guy who usually provides me with this sort of "gossip" is 99% of the time bang on the money, and he's positive that Scully has told the players/club. About half an hour after he told me this, the first news came through of Scully being "rested"..
I find it highly odd that this other guy claims he talked to a player TONIGHT and said players knows nothing...

Ok. Again, thanks for sharing. I wouldn't take things personally on here mate. I think most posters are just hoping like hell that your source may have got it wrong. And he wouldn't be Robinson Crusoe if he did.

SO BASICALLY NO ONE ****ING KNOWS YET!!!

Either Richskee/PTRG or Surkin are FULL of s**t!!

Personally i dont give a **** about this source bullshit anymore, either give us some proof or piss off and wait like the rest of us until something official is announced either way

To Crimson Azure-If its found that Scully stays you should ban the 3 mentioned idiots above for 6 months,absolute ludicrous.They dont deserve to be melbourne if they post this dribble to upset fellow demons....

Some of us do know players at Melbourne and some of us do communicate with these players from time to time!!!

Yes, I spoke to him TONIGHT (about 2 hours ago) because, like most on here, I was very suss about Scully's withdrawal earlier today and thought I'd see if an internal announcement had been made. This player (who I won't name, too bad) said he thought Scully would stay!

Nobody has to believe me, but it put my mind at ease a little bit and I thought I would share it with the other nervous nellies out there. Unless this player is totally out of the loop, has been asleep all day or is lying to me then I firmly believe Scully's withdrawal is genuine.

Whether or not he stays at the MFC is another matter.

Some of us do know players at Melbourne and some of us do communicate with these players from time to time!!!

Yes, I spoke to him TONIGHT (about 2 hours ago) because, like most on here, I was very suss about Scully's withdrawal earlier today and thought I'd see if an internal announcement had been made. This player (who I won't name, too bad) said he thought Scully would stay!

Nobody has to believe me, but it put my mind at ease a little bit and I thought I would share it with the other nervous nellies out there. Unless this player is totally out of the loop, has been asleep all day or is lying to me then I firmly believe Scully's withdrawal is genuine.

Whether or not he stays at the MFC is another matter.

Cheers, Pasta. The club's and the player's confidence all year that TS will re-sign is the reason I have have always believed he will stay. That and Tom's March 5th press conference. The media have made up crap all along trying to sell papers. They can get ****ed!!!

I'm still hoping...!

Also wondering why i had no notice that my BF gold membership expired without warning. Ordered platinum but not seeing it!

Mate im not 100% sure you are lying, but for every person who has a 'source' that he is gone, there is a 'source' that he is staying, which means half the people are full of s**t... which means half the people should be willing to put there accounts on the line if they are so sure....

I can sit here and i say i have a 'source' that says he is gone, its from the top blah blah blah... and i have a 50% of being bloody right... if not ill just say well my source was wrong.. its crap

Mate im not 100% sure you are lying, but for every person who has a 'source' that he is gone, there is a 'source' that he is staying, which means half the people are full of s**t... which means half the people should be willing to put there accounts on the line if they are so sure....

I can sit here and i say i have a 'source' that says he is gone, its from the top blah blah blah... and i have a 50% of being bloody right... if not ill just say well my source was wrong.. its crap

Nick, there is a difference between someone lying and someone being fed incorrect information by a source. He's just passing on what he heard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick, there is a difference between someone lying and someone being fed incorrect information by a source. He's just passing on what he heard.
But the odds of these 'sources' being right are 50/50, im just not convinced people arent making things up on the chance they are correct....

But the odds of these 'sources' being right are 50/50, im just not convinced people arent making things up on the chance they are correct....

Fair enough. That's why we should have faith in the club, and in Tom. All other sources are external and can not possibly know what is about to happen.

I would like to reaffirm this statement. I hear things in my daily job that I know most wouldn't be aware of. I'm not going to go around posting I know so and so, and big noting myself. I'm just a lowly (relatively) shitkicker at channel 10. But one of the privellages of the job is learning a lot of inside information, well before it becomes "official". And to be honest, I've yet to be told wrong information (in over 3 years).

But coming on here, and sharing information to the board of the team I support- only to be ridiculed, abused and accused of lying/fabrication, makes me wonder why I bother at all. I have followed richskee's and a few others occasional inside info, and these guys are usually right on the money. I don't know the guy (or girl) but I urge him and anyone else to refrain from posting any more seemingly helpful information on this board, as clearly it is unwanted and unappreciated.

You can't be serious?

You work for a media outlet and you are yet to be told wrong information in 3 years?

You may well be right, Surkin may well be right.

I know who I would prefer to be right.

I suggest you think about how you present the information, that will dictate the response you get.

For the record, I'm not suggesting you are a liar. I understand your source has told you and you are just relaying information, maybe you source is a liar... or your source's source. Maybe they are all right.

I would like to reaffirm this statement. I hear things in my daily job that I know most wouldn't be aware of. I'm not going to go around posting I know so and so, and big noting myself. I'm just a lowly (relatively) shitkicker at channel 10. But one of the privellages of the job is learning a lot of inside information, well before it becomes "official". And to be honest, I've yet to be told wrong information (in over 3 years).

But coming on here, and sharing information to the board of the team I support- only to be ridiculed, abused and accused of lying/fabrication, makes me wonder why I bother at all. I have followed richskee's and a few others occasional inside info, and these guys are usually right on the money. I don't know the guy (or girl) but I urge him and anyone else to refrain from posting any more seemingly helpful information on this board, as clearly it is unwanted and unappreciated.
Is that why 10 are ****ed?

Usual media! Why didn't you just type that it WILL become official cos clearly it's not official. That's where I thought you lost credibility.

At least you tried to defend yourself which I admire unlike richskee. Can you enlighten us richskee's other inside info?

I don't see how trying to be the first to "officially" tell us he's leaving is helping anyone.

Firstly our compensation sucks and secondly our number 1 draft pick thinks that we are never going to be successful so he's going to take the money and run.

I hope Geelong win the flag so it can bite Ablett on the ass.

Glad to see everyone woke up happier today than yesterday...

There will be a spate of annoucements on departing players next week, the Scully one will just get lost in the middle of them all... The only reason I can think of that would benefit MFC for doing a Presser this weekend. would be that the Sponsors would get more air time, which is good but would distract the playing group more, even though they probably already know...

Does anyone really want him to stay if hes going to be on 650 K a year?

That will be absolutely ridiculous if it were to happen, if he stays he should be on 450K per season at the most.

Anyway all will bve revealed next week,

The club can easily manage to pay Tom 650k by front loading contracts. I wouldn't be surprised if we pay him closer to 850k for his first two seasons with a nice front load and then drop him down to about 450k for his last three.

It has gone on so long now, deep in my heart I think he is gone. If he stays it would be a fantastic day. I want him to stay, but are much more pragmatic than others about this. Football is a business. Clubs feel no compassion towards players and move them on very quickly when their time has passed (Junior, luke Power etc). Players are well within their right to make similar decisions. Many may not like it, but that is the nature of the business. I won't boo the young fella if he leaves, my focus will be on what we replace him with. It's about time this footy club lands a big fish from another club. My thoughts, for what it is worth

- The number he was drafted seems to have slanted this whole story. In all honesty, I would think Callan Ward, who was a lower draft pick, hurts the dogs right now, more than Scully leaving hurts us.

- The Sky won't fall in if he leaves. To me it will be like watching Scott Thompson running around for Adelaide. You know he is a very good player, would love to still have him, but he has moved on and you move on.

-He is clearly injured. People who say he is not trying are kidding themselves. If he was going to not try he would simply not play, as playing hurt and not at your maximum output hurts your contract potential, if it is all about the money

-The people who said he is bad at this, not that godd at this are the same people who talked him up as a brownlow medalist etc. You can't on one hand bag the compensation and on the other hand say he is not that good a player, that makes absolutely no sense

-He is an elite player for his age, will become an elite mid and is the type of character, in terms of training and attitude, that we want at the club

- Jack Viney is coming and will help ease the pain if he goes... A LOT

- The media should be held more accountable than they are. I am amazed at how easily they can publish things that are wide of the mark and simply move on and say, oops our bad sorry. What is worse is if the get the Scully one right, they will all be patting each other on the back and high fiving each other saying I told you so. Never mind the fact they operate at about 10% accuracy on this

- Getting Stef Martin and Sylvia on board is just as important as Tom. think that gets lost in all this

- I think as a supporter group we have become really impatient and see Tom leaving, if it happens, as another dint in what many thought would be a smooth rise to p[remiership glory. We have a long way to go but actually think going back two steps will help us move forward 5. Players like Blease, Howe, Bail, Martin, Tapscott, Wattsy, etc have really stepped up. I think we are on the right track, whether Tom stays or if he goes. We are at the start of a long journey. It took Geelong and the saints 7+ years to play in grand finals. We are in year 2/3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back