Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts RIP
Feb 18, 2003
home of the mighty sa
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn, Tottenham
Seeing as your always so keen on links and evidence, can you supply something to support this please?

https://www.smh.com.au/national/rud...keover-of-public-hospitals-20100303-phnp.html

Mr Rudd quoted Treasury figures showing that by 2045/46, spending on health and hospitals would consume the entire revenue raised by state governments

It was awhile ago so I misquoted - it was state budgets not medicare itself, although the second would be a result of the first. And it was the 40s.[/quote]

GuruJane

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts RIP
Feb 18, 2003
home of the mighty sa
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn, Tottenham
Seeing as your always so keen on links and evidence, can you supply something to support this please?

Nothing to say?? of course that was 8 years ago so adding aged care and NDIS to the pot probably brings it forward to the 30s.

Anyway, that's the reason for Tony's 2014 Budget -
which is why I tend to bang on about it.:)

https://www.smh.com.au/national/rud...keover-of-public-hospitals-20100303-phnp.html

It was awhile ago so I misquoted - it was state budgets not medicare itself, although the second would be a result of the first. And it was the 40s.
[/QUOTE]

Hospital spending is in some ways counter to medicare as in if you reduce medicare access to GPs, people come into hospital sicker and increase costs of diagnosis and recovery.
Unfortunately the cost shifting BS between state and federal wastes significant health dollars. As in hospitals say "get the GP to organise it" (to save money) and the GP goes "the hospital can organise it" (so no out of direct pocket for patient which then comes out of hospital budget)

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
And he was running unopposed!

A good candidate could probably sweep him out next time.

Some funny goings in that seat. Apparently branch stacking by an NSES, an environmental group with crossover with Getup, by joining up to the local Liberal party and attempting to oust Tony Abbott from preselection.

Turns out that Abbott received 68% of the vote. Thanks for the membership subs you Greenie losers.

Some funny goings in that seat. Apparently branch stacking by an NSES, an environmental group with crossover with Getup, by joining up to the local Liberal party and attempting to oust Tony Abbott from preselection.

Turns out that Abbott received 68% of the vote. Thanks for the membership subs you Greenie losers.
Branch stacking in the Liberal Party!

Oh. My. God.

Did they release the votes? Do you have a link?

Nothing to say?? of course that was 8 years ago so adding aged care and NDIS to the pot probably brings it forward to the 30s.

Anyway, that's the reason for Tony's 2014 Budget -
which is why I tend to bang on about it.:)

Economic reform is not ripping out what made Australia what it is. And coming from a guy who has never worked in the real world.

Economic reform isn’t introducing US style policies on health and education.

Economic reform isn’t destroying the NBN.

GuruJane

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts RIP
Feb 18, 2003
home of the mighty sa
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn, Tottenham
not a bad week for tones
photios lot gets called out for lying to dumb journos
bf posters fall for dumb journos falling for photios lot
books air time for his new job
Tony Abbott says he will deliver a statement to parliament by the end of the year offering a pathway to improving indigenous attendance at remote schools with a view to introducing changes early next year.
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/na...r/news-story/809fad599d116bd04edfd67a51a13c44
tones to have indigenous education sorted by next election, no worries.

GuruJane

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts RIP
Feb 18, 2003
home of the mighty sa
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn, Tottenham
Photios fake news:
Did they release the votes? Do you have a link?
44-42 the votes went apparently
And he was running unopposed!
A good candidate could probably sweep him out next time.
He was done last time if not for some extra money(Turnbulls) and extra robocalls in the last part of the campaign.
A good independent will take it
Reminds me of the time he called for a leadership spill and almost lost to an empty chair.
Abbott doesn't have colleagues.
Just enemies and bitter enemies.
They are correct that it is a small minority - small because 36 votes and minority because less than 50%.
It should worry them that 36 was only 9 flipped votes for a disendorsement (article states 90 attendees)

After fake:

Real news.

Photios fake news:

After fake:

Real news.
Or fake numbers. Still possible. Given the nature of the organisation releasing these numbers there is no reason for the public to trust it. Although on balance I think they probably have released the truth but I don’t think many will choose to believe.

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Photios fake news:

After fake:

Real news.
I don't know why you're quoting me.
When have I ever expressed even the remotest interest in the internal machinations of local liberal party branches and their collections of "born to rule" estate agents, braindead troglodytic throwbacks, blue rinsers, daddy's boys, husband (and/or wife) hunters, ex-public school used car salesmen, spivs, shonky businessmen, two bob millionaires and religious nutters?

Mind you, it's mildly amusing that even a third of these local "supporters" don't want him, wouldn't have him on a bet.

Time to sling your hook, Rabbit.

Last edited:
Photios fake news:

After fake:

Real news.
Yes the original estimate - which can only be an estimate because they didn't release the votes on the night - was 30 votes against. Maybe up to 36.

You can't have information withheld then call the resulting speculation "fake news".

It's speculation. That's what it all is.

GuruJane

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts RIP
Feb 18, 2003
home of the mighty sa
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn, Tottenham
Yes the original estimate - which can only be an estimate because they didn't release the votes on the night - was 30 votes against. Maybe up to 36.

You can't have information withheld then call the resulting speculation "fake news".

It's speculation. That's what it all is.

Not speculation. Fairfax was told it was real.

One of Photios lackeys leaked bodgy figures to the journo as though they were real. They were then repeated in the SMH.

Fairfax Media has been told Mr Abbott - who ran unopposed on Friday - was backed by 46 members, while 38 others rejected his renomination to contest next year's federal election. Mr Abbott disputes this and insists he achieved roughly 70 per cent support.
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...t-former-pm-in-warringah-20180916-p5042j.html
This was dated Sunday Sept 16 at 5.16 pm.

The lovers of fake news, ABC and Fairfax then amplified the fake news story.
no doubt about it - this was fake news, faked up by Photios' lot and enthusiastically grabbed by internet outlets.

Back