• Julie Bishop

• Scott Morrison

• Andrew Robb

• Someone from the LIberal Party other than those above

• Bill Shorten

• Someone from the Labor Party other than Shorten

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Greens/Goughs would be all over it if it didn't involve Abbott.

But Abbott needs to go one step further, like he has done recently with energy and immigration.

Many of these outback schools are a lost cause. Government keeps throwing money for years on end at remote communities for education, health and policing. Yet school attendance rates remain low, health outcomes are terrible and the rate of child sex abuse and domestic violence is abhorrent.

Abbott is no longer restricted by Liberal election policies. I would like him to express a view that we should stop supporting long term unviable remote communities.

Why not we do it for ‘white’ communities?

Why not we do it for ‘white’ communities?

Not true. Mining towns turn into ghost towns when the mine closes. Same as when the Ghan switched routes. The exception is when there is a significant Indigenous population. There are plenty of remote towns where the major employer is the Indigenous school or Indigenous health provider. Add in those on benefits and the whole town's existence is being paid for by the government.

Not true. Mining towns turn into ghost towns when the mine closes. Same as when the Ghan switched routes. The exception is when there is a significant Indigenous population. There are plenty of remote towns where the major employer is the Indigenous school or Indigenous health provider. Add in those on benefits and the whole town's existence is being paid for by the government.

Bushfire insurance surcharges? Why am I subsidising someone’s lifestyle choice?

Government keeps throwing money for years on end at remote communities for education, health and policing.

Can you please post some numbers?

Was any of the $4.5B going their way?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Points about his kerfuffle re brexit. May Boris

1 Boris actually thinking he’s worth listening to
2 Abbott dumb enough to share all with a Brit MP he thought was conservative
3 abbot passing off all Boris thoughts as his own in a newspaper dumb enough to employ him
4 Brits taking said article seriously

Back