• Julie Bishop

• Scott Morrison

• Andrew Robb

• Someone from the LIberal Party other than those above

• Bill Shorten

• Someone from the Labor Party other than Shorten

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Laura Tingle in the Financial Review says Tony is gone. From Prime Minister in 2013 to out of parliament in 2019. A fair effort that.

John Howard went from PM to out of Parliament on the same day in 2007.

It was in the Nine newspapers, opinion piece by Christine Forster (his sister in case anyone reading wasn't aware).
Yeah, it was pretty on the nose. Lauded him for being polarising (which is obviously a great attribute for a leader 🙄) and for respecting his constituents' wishes when he squibbed the SSM vote.

She tried to make a case that all the independents were actually all part of an unsaid political party AND also that they were really Greens or Labor candidates in disguise. Seems that Christine likes to have her cake and eat it too.

I remember it well. What does it have to do with climate change?

So we're back to climate change being a scam, for the profit of.....who?

So we should just pretend everything is fine? Just chug along as we have been, because it hurts your feelings?

Believe me, I am far from angry.

Righto.

Thanks for your time.

NO, you , were back to climate change, asking what has it to do with Y2K?
Well Y2K it was a fraud and a fake, a problem invented ( because of century change unreasonable fear) and some unscrupulous smarties in the I.T. industries changed some company computers (actually lots of companies) because of a load of crap, that never happened and wasn't going to.
But lots of countries were sucked in by the nonsensical fear, like when you tell people the world is in dire straights and you kill off your base power by shutting down coal fire power stations, rendering the nation in a cost upwards spiral while the rest of the world keeps burning?

Fear campaign simple that's why Y2K was mentioned and why it has something in common. Now computer fear was laughable, but people believed it .
Y2K was never going to ruin the world, but some shifty bastards all over the world made piles of money from trickery.

Climate change is another fraud, and I can't remember whether I've answered all this before to you, but no matter, politics is a game of gain in different ways and the political football game going on over climate change is a joke if you can't see through it. Its how people gain LEADERSHIP OR INFLUENCE , SO THAT'S THE PAY OFF, AND FOR ME WHY NOT NUCLEAR POWER , AND THERE IS THE PROBLEM SOLVED, but like I said before Australia has too many types of
"OH we just can't do it, its too dangerous or its too expensive " ,
It's like lots of big picture things we Aussies tell ourselves.... we can't do. Sorry if I already answered this. But you know I never shut up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Y2K it was a fraud and a fake, a problem invented ( because of century change unreasonable fear) and some unscrupulous smarties in the I.T. industries changed some company computers (actually lots of companies) because of a load of crap, that never happened and wasn't going to.
But lots of countries were sucked in by the nonsensical fear, like when you tell people the world is in dire straights and you kill off your base power by shutting down coal fire power stations, rendering the nation in a cost upwards spiral while the rest of the world keeps burning?

Fear campaign simple that's why Y2K was mentioned and why it has something in common. Now computer fear was laughable, but people believed it .
Y2K was never going to ruin the world, but some shifty bastards all over the world made piles of money from trickery.

Climate change is another fraud, and I can't remember whether I've answered all this before to you, but no matter, politics is a game of gain in different ways and the political football game going on over climate change is a joke if you can't see through it. Its how people gain LEADERSHIP OR INFLUENCE , SO THAT'S THE PAY OFF, AND FOR ME WHY NOT NUCLEAR POWER , AND THERE IS THE PROBLEM SOLVED, but like I said before Australia has too many types of
It's like lots of big picture things we Aussies tell ourselves.... we can't do. Sorry if I already answered this. But you know I never shut up.
Yeah and what about all them Ships just sailing straight off the edge of the World?

Yeah cool, Y2K never happened so we never need to worry about anything ever again :thumbsu:

Yeah and what about all them Ships just sailing straight off the edge of the World?

Fascism ....see Di Natale?
Yeah cool, Y2K never happened so we never need to worry about anything ever again :thumbsu:[/QUOTE

G' day Doris , I 'm done mate , couldn't remember what I 'd said or which post I 'd answered, I don't really know where you are coming from, but what I meant about Y2K briefly is, that it was trickery, it was first brought up as a real credible fear, well it wasn't , it was a nonsense that some grimy people decided to use to make a quid, that was the pay off. As for climate change it has been on earth since earth's history began, and it too has a pay off, scare enough people frighten children and win in politics whether you are in Australia or in the UN bulldusting to people , and getting votes that's the Pay Off, Power.
And not being willing to listen to other opinions or talking about another opinion!

G' day Doris , I 'm done mate , couldn't remember what I 'd said or which post I 'd answered, I don't really know where you are coming from, but what I meant about Y2K briefly is, that it was trickery, it was first brought up as a real credible fear, well it wasn't , it was a nonsense that some grimy people decided to use to make a quid, that was the pay off. As for climate change it has been on earth since earth's history began, and it too has a pay off, scare enough people frighten children and win in politics whether you are in Australia or in the UN bulldusting to people , and getting votes that's the Pay Off, Power.
And not being willing to listen to other opinions or talking about another opinion!

I see what you're getting at, it's just a ridiculous opinion. The most boneheaded thing I've read in a long time.

You think thousands of scientists around the world are concocting a hoax for votes. Votes for who or what we will leave to the imagination I guess.

So you'd back the opinions of certain right wing lnp politicians (paid liars) over the broader scientific community. Lmao

People putting solar on their roofs, saving money and helping climate change if that’s your belief

Probably beefing up the grid by not stressing it so much

Did I mention saving money?

Using electric vehicles (if that suits your circumstances, again voluntarily) meaning the country has less reliance on imported fuel
Hydrogen Fuel cells are an even better option.
100% energy security.

Back