Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie

1637300373467.png

You rang?

Love this thread. Very interested to see where these names fall (among others)... jimmy jess, cotch, broderick and campbell
Cotchin went top 5

Too high I think. Harsh I know but I'd have a number of mids ahead of him. I did watch out 2017 finals campaign again. He was an absolute monster. And that spinning goal off the left v handbags... extraordinary.

I'm a huge fan of Cotchin's too - the player, the Captain and the man! Think he made Dimma a better coach when it could have all gone pear shaped. No 5 is a reach if you are selecting best available. If you want a player for a role or position - Cotchin is right up there.

If you want to read the picks only, you can click on reader mode at the top and it will just give you the picks in order as they were taken.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 25
With peterbuch74 taking his time I'm jumping in with my next pick and it's a bit of a doozy.

I'm picking a player that won the club goal kicking award 3 times. Won the VFL goal kicking once, won 2 premierships, represented Victoria 9 times and is a member of the Richmond Hall Of Fame.

That player is Dick Harris who despite standing only 171cm and weighing 73kg, managed to kick 548 goals in his 196 game career for Richmond. In his debut season as a 22 year old he kicked 51 goals from 20 games and in his 11 year career with the club he managed to kick 25+ goal each year with his last 3 season producing 63 goals each year. In the 1943 premiership win Harris kicked 7 of our 12 goals for the game.

1637375960700.png

B:
HB:
C: Bourke
HF:
F: Harris
R: Dyer
INT:

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania
With peterbuch74 taking his time I'm jumping in with my next pick and it's a bit of a doozy.

I'm picking a player that won the club goal kicking award 3 times. Won the VFL goal kicking once, won 2 premierships, represented Victoria 9 times and is a member of the Richmond Hall Of Fame.

That player is Dick Harris who despite standing only 171cm and weighing 73kg, managed to kick 548 goals in his 196 game career for Richmond. In his debut season as a 22 year old he kicked 51 goals from 20 games and in his 11 year career with the club he managed to kick 25+ goal each year with his last 3 season producing 63 goals each year. In the 1943 premiership win Harris kicked 7 of our 12 goals for the game.

View attachment 1284054

B:
HB:
C: Bourke
HF:
F: Harris
R: Dyer
INT:
tigs2010 will like this one. He's a big fan of Dick

Bit hypocritical of you to criticise Dick for being small.

He does that a bit though - looks at things through binoculars the wrong way round - took binoc viewing lessons from a good mate!

Attachments

• 1637412693519.png
    1637412693519.png
    127 KB · Views: 25
Back