Competitions All Time Draft - Vote For The Best Team

Who Has The Best Team

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

There are now 10 posters signed up. I'll give it another 48 hours for people to sign up. I plan on starting this from Sunday midday.

Just seen this now - damn

Really looking forward to being able to take Ben Hobbs with my next pick after he becomes the first Rising Star, Brownlow Medalist, Norm Smith Medalist to Captain a premiership in his first season all which should have happened by the time my next selection comes around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pick 4
Pick 4 - Matthew Richardson

Matthew Richardson made his Richmond debut in 1993 and carved out a spectacular, if often injury interrupted, career for himself at the highest level. 13 times Richmond's leading goalkicker he was also one of the finest marks in the AFL, leading the league after the home and away series in that particular statistical category in 1999. During the latter part of his career, he played many fine games as a wingman, and indeed he was selected in that position in the 2008 AFL All Australian team (and also finished equal-third in that year's Brownlow Medal voting), having previously been chosen as a forward in 1999. Richardson retired after the 2009 season, with 282 games and 800 goals to his credit. Sadly, his 18-year career spanned the Tigers' least successful era, and 'Richo' only tasted finals action in two of those seasons.

AFL

Richmond

Team
B: xx xx xx
HB: xx xx xx
C: xx xx xx
HF: xx Richardson xx
F: xx xx xx
FOL: xx xx xx
IC: xx xx xx xx

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL

Richmond

Took Royce Hart to move Richo out onto a flank.

Really looking forward to being able to take Ben Hobbs with my next pick after he becomes the first Rising Star, Brownlow Medalist, Norm Smith Medalist to Captain a premiership in his first season all which should have happened by the time my next selection comes around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
This is going to take forever.

I suggest a 12 hour pick window... if your time expires the next person can pick, but the skipped pick can come in at anytime to select

I suggest a 12 hour pick window... if your time expires the next person can pick, but the skipped pick can come in at anytime to select
Yeah i think thats fair. We all know its on. Shouldnt be too hard to log on once every 12 hours minimum to get it moving along quick enough

AFL

Richmond

Most goals ever at the mcg

Pick 5
Pick 5 - Trent Cotchin

Happy to snap up our longest standing and three-time premiership winning captain in Trent Cotchin at pick 5.

As a player he is beautifully balanced between attacking flair and defensive acumen. His ability to stand up in big moments grew throughout his career and he punches waaaay above his weight in tackling and toughness.

Trent was pivotal in reshaping the club into an organisation to be emulated and be proud of. His leadership style eschewed bravado and excessive ego and instead highlighted authenticity and vulnerability, which is actually quite courageous in the AFL environment. His humble, reserved and goofy nature has encouraged others in the team to feel comfortable and confident just being themselves. This approach gelled perfectly with the group and with the times. It reduced the pressure felt by our team and cannot be undersold in our glorious winning era so far.

I also can't think of a player that can switch between sublime skills and kamikaze mode as easily and consistently. He just has a knack of doing exactly what the team needs at just the right moment.

His game has evolved beautifully over the years too. He walked through the doors a prodigious talent but he worked hard to add layers of hardness and defensive nous. At his peak he had a literally perfect balance between attack and defence.

What Trent lacks in physicality and explosiveness he more than makes up for in his quickness of thought and superior reaction time. Trent truely is one step ahead out there on the field. Some observers miss this and it is one reason he continues to be underrated - mostly by salty opposition supporters.

Career accolades

ā€¢ 3Ɨ AFL premiership captain: 2017, 2019, 2020
ā€¢ Brownlow Medal: 2012
ā€¢ AFLCA Champion Player of the Year: 2012
ā€¢ All-Australian team: 2012
ā€¢ 3Ɨ Jack Dyer Medal: 2011, 2012, 2014
ā€¢ Richmond captain: 2013ā€“2021
ā€¢ State of Origin - Victoria captain: 2020
ā€¢ AFLPA best captain: 2018
ā€¢ 22under22 team: 2012
ā€¢ AFL Rising Star nominee: 2008
ā€¢ Yiooken Award: 2011
ā€¢ Ian Stewart Medal: 2014

Last edited:
Moving forward posters will have 12 hours from when they are tagged to make their pick. PLEASE TAG THE NEXT POSTER WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR PICK

After 12 hours the next poster may make their pick. The poster whose pick was skipped can then come in at any time and make their skipped pick. Please guys if you're not going to be around for a day or so please PM your pick to me and I'll take it for you as I'm online every day barring serious offline issues taking precedence

Back