Competitions All Time Draft - Vote For The Best Team

Who Has The Best Team

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pick 26
Well I guess as _RT_ took Dick before Peter could - I better make a selection now as well

PICK 26

Now he is perhaps not the best player available (but he comes close), but I reckon Tommy Hafey would agree with me that in building a Premiership team you have got to have some very good big men and Tommy thought this one was so good - he talked him our of retirement for couple more premierships to add to the two he already had - that's is how good this bloke was!

After serving his apprenticeship under a man much smaller than him (Roy Wright), this player could easily play today based on his exquisite big man skills - he had them all! Have listen to what Richo says about this bloke......... it's worth your 2mins and 40sec (plus that 10s adv)

One of many prominent VFL footballers over the years to hail from with amateur club Old Xaverians, Mike Green, who crossed to Richmond in 1966, was a superb ruckman whose importance to the Tigers was emphasised by his selection in the club's official 'Team of the Century'. Awesome in the air, fluently mobile, and an excellent kick, he was the archetypal big game player who played an important role in Richmond premierships in 1969, 1973 and 1974, after having been 19th man in the 1967 flag win.
Had it not been for the demands of a law career, which caused him to retire temporarily in 1972, and permanently three years later, Mike Green might well have carved out a niche for himself among the game's bona fide all time greats. When he finally called it a day, aged 27, he had played a total of 146 VFL games and kicked 83 goals between 1966 and 1971, and from 1973 to 1975. Author - John Devaney
Wrenny / Phar Ace's team (jump in when you can Wrenny!)
B: xx xx xx
HB: xx xx xx
C: xx M Rioli Snr xx
HF: xx xx xx
F: xx J.Titus xx
FOL: M.Green xx xx
IC: xx xx xx xx
You are up tiger_tough​

Last edited:
Pick 27 & 28
Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm not am old bastard like you blokes so I'm relying on reputation and accolades a bit.

Pick 27 - Geoff Raines. 3 time rfc bnf winner, premiership player, team of the century member and a bit of a club ****. First piece of the midfield.

Pick 28 - Kevin sheedy. 251 games, 3 flags, bnf winner, captain, and another team of the century member.

Back to you Phar Ace

Pick 29
There are a few players I still want a lot - but I will be really mad at myself if I do not take at Pick 29:
Roger Dean
1637417099046.png

He is the reason I barrack for Richmond. Taken to my first ever game by my Dad (it was at Lake Oval), I was all of 5 having just returned from Fiji. I can still see where we were at the end of the grandstand, but having never seen the game and no idea about the teams, the bloke next to me jumped out of his seat as Roger Dean won one of his customary free kicks (remember those 4 weeks Ron Barrassi) and that bloke yelled at the top if his lungs "Dean you bloody squib"- and easily influenced I thought that is what you do here, so I jumped up on my seat and yelled as loud as I could "Yeah Dean, you squid" - to which my father rather embarrassingly yanked me back down in my seat and said "shut up - he's one of ours". It must have resonated - 'Ours' meant I barracked for the Tigers then! That Roger Dean bloke was my hero for ever more! Two time Premiership player (unlucky not to be three) - Premiership Captain! A Richmond Immortal!

1637418151272.png

Wrenny / Phar Ace's team (jump in when you can Wrenny!)
C: xx M Rioli Snr xx
F: xx J.Titus xx
FOL: M.Green xx R.Dean

You are up again _RT_

Last edited:
Not sure what is taking _RT_ so long - and we have peterbuch74 with 1 Pick also overdue when he gets on finally (and he'll be due another after _RT_ )

Sorry guys... this weekend got away from me with family illnesses/emergencies... will catch up on who's been selected and make my pick now

Sorry guys... this weekend got away from me with family illnesses/emergencies... will catch up on who's been selected and make my pick now

You may as well have two picks now then PeterBuch as _RT_ has been on but not picked for over 24hours - he can catch up when he can!

Pick 24 - Geoff Raines

8f5e446a4cc9f021b66727f6502b1c3b--tigers-football.jpg

One of the most polished, creative players of the late '70s, early '80s. A brilliant midfielder who moved like a tiger and kicked like a mule. Club champion in the premiership year of 1980.

134 games / 55 goals for Richmond

Phar Ace I think you're up next

PB74's team
C: xx G.Raines xx
F: xx M.Roach xx
FOL: xx xx D.Weightman

Barunga Bullet

The GOAT
May 8, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Pick 24 - Geoff Raines

8f5e446a4cc9f021b66727f6502b1c3b--tigers-football.jpg

One of the most polished, creative players of the late '70s, early '80s. A brilliant midfielder who moved like a tiger and kicked like a mule. Club champion in the premiership year of 1980.

134 games / 55 goals for Richmond

Phar Ace I think you're up next

PB74's team
C: xx G.Raines xx

Raines has been picked. The list on page 1 isn't updated

I was waiting for Peter to have his picks as it's unfair to miss on 2 selections especially this early in the draft.

I was waiting for Peter to have his picks as it's unfair to miss on 2 selections especially this early in the draft.

Fair enough call - just be nice to know - now we know.

Fair enough call - just be nice to know - now we know.
Sorry was busy as well across the weekend adjusting to new found freedom

Sorry was busy as well across the weekend adjusting to new found freedom

All good, was just trying to keep it rolling - the freedom makes sense
1637534496883.png
I can see you now!

Pick 24
Raines has been picked. The list on page 1 isn't updated

Ah missed the Raines/Sheedy picks

OK, I'll take Full back Darren Gaspar next

1219bad2145887119e586566bb4961dd--tigers-football.jpg

Full Name: DARREN GASPAR
Date of Birth: 20/05/1976
Height: 193 cm
Weight: 90 kg
Guernsey: 2
Debut: 06/04/1996, Round 2, Hawthorn
Last Game: 28/04/2007, Round 5, West Coast

RICHMOND SENIORS
Seasons:
1996-2007
Total Games: 207
Total Goals: 22

Honours: Best & Fairest 2001, All-Australian Team 2000,2001, International Rules Team 2003.

BIOGRAPHY
Richmond had watched Darren from Junior days at South Fremantle and was very keen to secure him but were thwarted by Sydney taking him as the number one pick in the 1993 National Draft. After moderate returns from 20 games with Sydney Darren left the harbourside club and nominated for the 1996 Pre-Season Draft . Fitzroy and Melbourne with the first and second selections ( priority selections ) overlooked Darren because of the $275,000 two year price tag he had placed on his head and opting for Brian McInnes and Craig Nettlebeck respectively. Richmond selected Darren with the third selection ( which was a priority selection given to Richmond for losing Stuart Maxfield to ironically Sydney ) of the 1996 Pre-Season Draft. Melbourne accused Richmond of tampering with the draft and Darren himself was under pressure from several quarters for putting a price on his head . He showed himself to be a very professional player taking all criticism in his stride . On the field he settled in as a reliable defender taking on big defensive assignments on champion forwards like Dunstall and Lockett . He was runner-up in Richmond’s Best & Fairest in 2000 and won the award in 2001.

He was All-Australian in 2000 and 2001 and established himself as one of the best defenders in the competition. He battled Achilles injuries in 1998 and 2002 but played 228 games with the Tigers and fully rewarded Richmond’s enthusiasm to get him in Tigers colours.

PB74's team
B: xx D.Gaspar xx
C: xx xx xx

Last edited:
Back