Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mongo Ming

Intergalactic Despot
Sep 10, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ok, so my all time favorite cult Pies man was RUPE! aka Rupert Betheras. Me and my mate are convinced we started the “Rupe” chant, but that’s neither here nor there.

It’s blown my mind to see Rupe is a street artist turned serious artist earning big $$. Go son!

So who’s your all time fav cult man/woman player? And why?

Daisy for mine until he turned into Scott Evil.

EIqKEniVUAAcL2r.jpg

Wouldn't say he was a particular favourite of mine but Kayle Kirby got the masses on Pies social media hot under the collar for about a three month period.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was a big Ron Mckeon fan. Mobile tank with superb hands, an old school Captain Pugwash Pirate looking big boy.

He had a broken bone in his foot fixed with a screw and it woukd break the skin every time he played, constant infections meant he found consistency hard to sustain.

Missed the 1990 GF because lethal wanted to run Essendon to shreds ( and it worked) but the way the ball was coming in he would have kicked 7. Theres a sad shot lf him looking on during the game, happy for his mates but sad to miss out, and thoughtfully sneaking a bit of wax from his ear into thecside of his mouth with his finger.

Came on late vs St Kilda in 1992 final at Waverly and kicked 4? 5? in the last quarter to give them a scare. How we loved Ron.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was a big Ron Mckeon fan. Mobile tank with superb hands, an old school Captain Pugwash Pirate looking big boy.

He had a broken bone in his foot fixed with a screw and it woukd break the skin every time he played, constant infections meant he found consistency hard to sustain.

Missed the 1990 GF because lethal wanted to run Essendon to shreds ( and it worked) but the way the ball was coming in he would have kicked 7. Theres a sad shot lf him looking on during the game, happy for his mates but sad to miss out, and thoughtfully sneaking a bit of wax from his ear into thecside of his mouth with his finger.

Came on late vs St Kilda in 1992 final at Waverly and kicked 4? 5? in the last quarter to give them a scare. How we loved Ron.
Big Ronnie kicked 3 in that last quarter, and 5 for the game (out of 12 goals scored), giving us a chance to snatch a win. He was on the ground in every quarter, and seems to have been there from the start, so perhaps he didn't spend that much time off the field?:
1670674294733.png
1670674506038.png
1670675156344.png
1670675469014.png
1670675618695.png

This is well worth watching, and it's hard not to really feel for the bloke:

5 in the last is my recollection, followed by an hour walking in circles in the rain in the carpark, looking for my Mum’s Holden Gemini.

Big Ronnie kicked 3 in that last quarter, and 5 for the game (out of 12 goals scored), giving us a chance to snatch a win. He was on the ground in every quarter, and seems to have been there from the start, so perhaps he didn't spend that much time off the field?:
View attachment 1571041
View attachment 1571044
View attachment 1571046
View attachment 1571048
View attachment 1571051

This is well worth watching, and it's hard not to really feel for the bloke:

I stand corrected!

Back