All Time Melbourne FC Moments

I didn't remember him being especially quick either, I think he was even better than I remember lol. He was as quick as Hunt but could actually play footy.

Also nearly had a bit of a teary listening to spuds pure joy at his hanger, we all started watching this sport because of moments like that.
Spud just loses all professionalism as a commentator and reverts back to being that inner child in awe of what he's watching.
Bit sad we don't see as many forward half hangers these days

Will admit to some emotions watching that Jurrah tape as well. The way his career came to an end was shocking.

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
I didn't remember him being especially quick either, I think he was even better than I remember lol. He was as quick as Hunt but could actually play footy.

Also nearly had a bit of a teary listening to spuds pure joy at his hanger, we all started watching this sport because of moments like that.
Spud just loses all professionalism as a commentator and reverts back to being that inner child in awe of what he's watching.
Bit sad we don't see as many forward half hangers these days

I nearly had a tantrum with Ox trying desperately to get the Cougar nickname to stick. Completely ruined the first part of the video.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles

Jeff Farmers 9 goals in a half vs Collingwood on Queens Bday game (Marquee game in our fixture). Reportedly didn't get a touch in the first half. Coach benched him before half time and took his name off the board (not going to play him again for the day). There was an injury which forced his inclusion and he did this.

This is terrific. Exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. What year was this?

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I nearly had a tantrum with Ox trying desperately to get the Cougar nickname to stick. Completely ruined the first part of the video.
That was lame wasn’t it? I actually recall cringing at the time - if you are going to attempt to name someone after a big cat a) be a bit cautious if the man you would like to name is black (all sorts of pc hot water possibilities in that direction) and b) don’t choose a big cat that is generally used to refer to dodgy older ladies with Botox, sex-drive and toy boy fixations.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
This is terrific. Exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. What year was this?
Year 2000. He kicked 70 odd goals that year. Remember listening to the radio at the time and when he was on 9 someone kicked it into Neitz on the lead and Rex Hunt absoloutely lost it at denying him his 10th haha.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'll always remember the farmer thing for one reason. At half time my dad decided to move from the southern stand to the Olympics stand that's when the dees took control of the game, it was like some sort of lucky move.

Sonny Bonds

Cancelled
Jul 21, 2019
Lytton
AFL Club
Melbourne
In recent times....

Watts breaking Collingwood in 2017 queens birthday. After years and years of all the s**t, that made me well up around the eyes at the MCG. Been waiting for it sitting with the filth. Then they ****ed it all up RD23, made finals 2018 then ****ed it up again.

Joys of the Melbourne faithful I guess.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
In recent times....

Watts breaking Collingwood in 2017 queens birthday. After years and years of all the s**t, that made me well up around the eyes at the MCG. Been waiting for it sitting with the filth. Then they f’ed it all up RD23, made finals 2018 then f’ed it up again.

Joys of the Melbourne faithful I guess.

Similar to this game after 10 years of getting thumped by Hawthorn finally breaking that drought and Hawthorn being on a 9 game winning streak was glorious. Also this was the year that ended Hawthorn's reign as the dominant team of the competition. They were probably quite lucky on a few of their wins.

Similar to this game after 10 years of getting thumped by Hawthorn finally breaking that drought and Hawthorn being on a 9 game winning streak was glorious. Also this was the year that ended Hawthorn's reign as the dominant team of the competition. They were probably quite lucky on a few of their wins.

* me Dwayne is insufferable.

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Mid 2002, 6 goals down against Brisbane at the GABBA halfway through their threepeat. We comeback and win. Lead by Neita kicking a bag on Mal Michael and Leppa.....daniel ward kicking 4 from downtown.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
The Freo come-back for me with Wonaeamirri, Miller and Robbo all going ballistic.

Just classic Melbourne: MCG, Sunday arvo from memory, absolutely nobody there against an crap interstate side, surreal fight back from 50pts down

I've watched that low-res version on youtube so many times. Being a s**t club kinda rules sometimes, because wins like that feel so good

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
2014 was a great turn around considering how bad we were in 2013. That Essendon game was was 149 point turn around from the year before. Probably should have lost but Essendon didn't take their chances we hung on and then turned the game. Also in 2014 beating Adelaide in Adelaide, beating Carlton and pedersens efforts and rolling the tigers just after tommy hafey had passed, I think the tigers ended up getting on a roll after that.

Jamurp

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
Most memorable match/moment for me would have to be the 2000 Qualifying final vs Carlton. Think I was probably 11 years old, we Scored tickets though a family friend, sat behind the goals, and watched a young Brad Green boot a few goals to see us upset a very good Carlton side. I always loved footy growing up, but that match really got me passionate about the game and the dees in general.

It's been mostly pain since obviously, but this thread shows some of the good times too haha.

Back