All Time Melbourne FC Moments

Remove this Banner Ad

An underrated win was in 2015 vs Geelong in Geelong. Joel corey’s 300th, perennial losers down there. Max Gawn decides to have his break out game and we win upsetting the party for Corey
Also an earlier rare win at the Cattery, I think Robbo kicked 5 or 6 and Egan missed after the siren.

An underrated win was in 2015 vs Geelong in Geelong. Joel corey’s 300th, perennial losers down there. Max Gawn decides to have his break out game and we win upsetting the party for Corey

Pretty sure they were so sure of winning that one too that the news in Geelong ran with a message below the newsreader saying ‘Geelong celebrate Enright’s 300th with win over Melbourne’. 😂

Pretty sure they were so sure of winning that one too that the news in Geelong ran with a message below the newsreader saying ‘Geelong celebrate Enright’s 300th with win over Melbourne’. 😂
"Hometown of Kimba also partying"

Most memorable match/moment for me would have to be the 2000 Qualifying final vs Carlton. Think I was probably 11 years old, we Scored tickets though a family friend, sat behind the goals, and watched a young Brad Green boot a few goals to see us upset a very good Carlton side. I always loved footy growing up, but that match really got me passionate about the game and the dees in general.

It's been mostly pain since obviously, but this thread shows some of the good times too haha.

I nearly got beaten up by some gentlemen of Italian heritage at that game

But I was a mean bastard back then so they backed off

Best game I have ever been to

Hi there AmericanAFL.

I have no doubt you will be provided with some good historical epic moments.

Just so that you can really feel like a demon fan, I wondered if you had ever come across this?

This is an all time classic summary of the years between 07 and 17 - it’s actually quite an achievement in disastrous failure so vast as to achieve a strange kind of grandeur

I’ll have to take this list in small doses, so I don’t commit suicide.

2007 sure looked fun.

I was at that game and it was glorious. Particular as I live and work in Geelong.
Big Jakey Spencer had a great game too. ANB popped up for a few snags but for me it was all about the job Viney did on Selwood. Smashed him at every opportunity, in his face all game, including while running to the bench (there's a great shot of this with Selwood bleeding)
That, along with beating Hawthorn were the two games that signified the end of the dark days for me.

PS. Hate to be a campaigner but it was Corey Enright's 300th, not Joel Corey's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just so that you can really feel like a demon fan, I wondered if you had ever come across this?

This is an all time classic summary of the years between 07 and 17 - it’s actually quite an achievement in disastrous failure so vast as to achieve a strange kind of grandeur
Holy mother of God, that was brutal...

I was at that game and it was glorious. Particular as I live and work in Geelong.
Big Jakey Spencer had a great game too. ANB popped up for a few snags but for me it was all about the job Viney did on Selwood. Smashed him at every opportunity, in his face all game, including while running to the bench (there's a great shot of this with Selwood bleeding)
That, along with beating Hawthorn were the two games that signified the end of the dark days for me.

PS. Hate to be a campaigner but it was Corey Enright's 300th, not Joel Corey's.

They are the same person :p

I had come across this one at some point in the last year but still a fun watch. How was this guys overall career with the club:

View attachment 791026
Couple of good games with exciting moments, over after 30 games. Walked into a terrible club unfortunately just like Jurrah or else would have played 200 games.

Couple of good games with exciting moments, over after 30 games. Walked into a terrible club unfortunately just like Jurrah or else would have played 200 games.

I don't think Jurrah's issues can be pinned to the club.

Sounds like a very troubled lad.

A mix of personal, family and cultural issues that this country has never handled well.

Jurrah's story is one of the saddest in footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back