West Coast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obeanie1

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Sam Philp sounds like just what we need that could be there if we are lucky.

Inside pace, aggression and can use it. Missed out on Vic state team but not by much.

Could he be the IBWBLF?

boondy

I pity the fool
Nov 15, 2013
Here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes

Inside pace, aggression and can use it. Missed out on Vic state team but not by much.

Could he be the IBWBLF?
Might be why we want to get into the earlier picks . Will go in the 20-30 . Yes would love to get him .

Yamumluvsbigcox

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 22, 2012
Trapped in a glass box of emotion
AFL Club
West Coast

Could he be the IBWBLF?
Their will be some good players around our 46 . It would be nice to swap a future third for another pick the same . Callum jamerson , riley garcia , chad warner could all last that long .

Sam philip sounds a bit like sheil but i think he will go before our picks unfortunately

(Log in to remove this ad.)

twce13

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Their will be some good players around our 46 . It would be nice to swap a future third for another pick the same . Callum jamerson , riley garcia , chad warner could all last that long .

Sam philip sounds a bit like sheil but i think he will go before our picks unfortunately
brisbane have lots of picks in that range. wonder how many they are planning to take in the draft, perhaps they would consider giving us one for a future third.

Wedgetailed Westerner

All Australian
Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

Could he be the IBWBLF?
I've been keen on Philp for along time. Kid has some talent, but unless we move up in the draft I reckon he will be gone. With the interest he has got

Obeanie1

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
I've been keen on Philp for along time. Kid has some talent, but unless we move up in the draft I reckon he will be gone. With the interest he has got
From what I have read Philp's is being talked about as falling in the 30-40 range. We will be lucky if he is there at 46 which will likely fall down to around 40-42 after bids.

Would love to trade our 3rds next year for a pick in the mid 30's and a 4th in 2020.

Not sure if we can trade both 2020 3rds without permission which is BS if you get a 2020 4th back as well.

Philp's and Garcia with our two picks would be nice.

I wouldn't be surprised if we went another tall defender with our 1st pick either. The melts on here would be interesting.

Obeanie1

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Hey mate i actually agree completely with you, the very first 5 words from the link was all i needed.

DRAFT ANALYSIS: “Philp is an inside bull....."

🐂
My 'spider senses' were telling me you were taking the micky!!;)

Inside bull, quick and can kick is what stood out for me. And that he may be available around our pick if we are lucky.

Dark Sharks

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 21, 2011
Darling and our 2nd for Ellis Yolman
AFL Club
West Coast
Out of all the realistic names put forward, including Garcia's, Philp is easily my preferred reading through his stats and write up.

You don't get many explosive, big bodied, quick, tough, midfielders with good endurance who also put up elite numbers.

23 touches, 11 contested, 6 tackles, 6 clearances a game with all his other traits is sexy AF.

INB4 i get attached and he goes between 38-44 range. Might even go earlier than that with his combine performance 😪

Top Bottom