List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why?
Just becuase Willie is out, we have some tallent vying for that position that we need to get games into- Cameron, Vennables and Petro. Why would we pick up a mediocre mature player (name me a good one that is available) to clog up a pocket where we have 3 blokes with very big upside. I cant think of one available mature forward pocket that would offer anything more than these 3.

Ben Sokol maybe? But not sure if he would suit a forward pocket at AFL level

Either way i'd rather back in Cameron, Petro and Venables for the spot like you said

Ben Sokol maybe? But not sure if he would suit a forward pocket at AFL level

Either way i'd rather back in Cameron, Petro and Venables for the spot like you said

I thought that about Ryan who was a lead up type of forward at Subi but has proved me wrong with his hard work around the ground.

Why?
Just becuase Willie is out, we have some tallent vying for that position that we need to get games into- Cameron, Vennables and Petro. Why would we pick up a mediocre mature player (name me a good one that is available) to clog up a pocket where we have 3 blokes with very big upside. I cant think of one available mature forward pocket that would offer anything more than these 3.

Why? To win a flag in 2020. To provide cheap cover for 12 months from an experienced goal kicker.

There is one but to mention his name there would be some serious melting on here.

Lets just say it would be a big headline and quite shocking.

He wouldnt be there to take games off Cameron or Petro or Venable (who knows how he will go) but be a 'break glass in case of emergency' come finals in 2020.

Only really a one year rookie option but if fit and fresh the bloke can play and kick goals. He would certainly add more than the last 10 rookies we have let go.

Who are you thinking? Bennell? I wanna see melts!

Look if he is as good or better than the other 3, then sure, but I cant think of any available that fit that bill. We also need to consider if we have room for a break glasser- Willie will be taking up one rookie spot, Im not sure we have too many spots for a player like this in an area of little need.

They won’t touch Bennell under any circumstances but especially not now that they have king kelly. Rumour has it that kelly and Bennell don’t get along

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Who are you thinking? Bennell? I wanna see melts!

Look if he is as good or better than the other 3, then sure, but I cant think of any available that fit that bill. We also need to consider if we have room for a break glasser- Willie will be taking up one rookie spot, Im not sure we have too many spots for a player like this in an area of little need.

Willie hasnt been moved to the rookie list at this point and it would be risky doing that.

Not Bennell.

The melts would be bigger than Bennell.

The trade we did with Sydney last year to assist them matching a bid for Blakey with lower picks has been blocked for this years draft

Clubs are still allowed to trade down once a bid is put in but they then can’t do another trade with the same club

They will just bring a third club into the trade for the same end result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No possibility that we pick up Bennell.
We had the opportunity to when he left Gold Coast and we didn't want him, even though he was going so cheaply relative to his ability.
Since then he's had a shocking injury run and has hardly covered himself in glory off the field.
If we didn't want him then, why would we want him now?

No possibility that we pick up Bennell.
We had the opportunity to when he left Gold Coast and we didn't want him, even though he was going so cheaply relative to his ability.
Since then he's had a shocking injury run and has hardly covered himself in glory off the field.
If we didn't want him then, why would we want him now?
Only reason I can think of is that he is even cheaper now and probably free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back