List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Don't like these words from Vozzo

"It's a deal that we need to consider. There's always too high of a price. It's what is fair and reasonable in any market circumstances. We acknowledge he's a very good player for their football club and we acknowledge that a heavy price needs to be paid."

Anyone with anything objective to report regarding kelly? Picks wanted etc?
Sounded like Bell was reiterating that Freo wont be trying to derail our getting TK.

"We've got to be respectful of Tim's wishes and we've put our case to Tim's management, and obviously as was the case last year, he wants to go to West Coast," Bell said.

"We'll continue to do the best we can to present as a viable option for Tim should negotiations stall between Geelong and West Coast. But we are respectful of Tim and (partner) Caitlin's wishes.

Not often our mods get their backs up, must have been a sloppy low energy troll.

Oh he’s been carded. Maybe it will be his last post then.

He was a campaigner on multiple boards, who knows which mods ended up pulling the trigger

I haven’t reported anyone on here. I’ve just unloaded on you and Wojetc in the exact way you’ve done to me.

And if that was your last post on this board I’m Tim Kelly.

Suspended now, so it is his last post on this board (or any board for that matter).

So, Tim, have you had a chance to chat with J-Lo and Belly yet?

So, Tim, have you had a chance to chat with J-Lo and Belly yet?

Why are you even asking me that? Go ask Joe Daniher whether he’s chatted to GWS. Bloody double standards.

Don't like these words from Vozzo

"It's a deal that we need to consider. There's always too high of a price. It's what is fair and reasonable in any market circumstances. We acknowledge he's a very good player for their football club and we acknowledge that a heavy price needs to be paid."

Why not?

We are going to pay a heavy price (not sure what, but at a guess 2 x 1st rounders - 2019 and 2020). That is a very, very heavy price.

It is also unders, but we can't pay what we don't have - which comes to his second quote (well, actually the 1st because I've referred to them in the opposite order) - that there is too high of a price. If it gets to that point we have to walk.

Walking can look like many things, walking away completely, going to the draft and hoping, trying to trade with 3rd parties to improve our chances in the draft, working with 3rd parties to improve our trade hand for a hail mary later on with Geelong.

I'm ok with all of this - because it means that WC have thought about it, probably made an initial offer that is less than their max offer - and also know exactly what our max offer is. If we can get him for less than our max, great - if we pay our max that is ok. If the price is over our max then we review other options.

Here's some info from the most recent initiative I could find from 2014-2016:

Have built upon this since then (hence our higher recruitment numbers of Indigenous players - more on our list than even West Coast right now, which is actually surprising.

Will post other info if I come across it

I am going to preface this with letting you know that this is actually my line of work.

Any organisation that engages in a RAP obviously has a commitment to Indigenous communities and reconciliation more broadly. The document you posted is out of date. For whatever reason, Geelong Football currently do not have any Reconciliation Action Plan lodged with Reconciliation Australia.

https://www.reconciliation.org.au/reconciliation-action-plans/who-has-a-rap/#who-has-rap-results

The only team in the AFL that does more than West Coast in this space is Richmond.

I am not trying to have a dick measuring competition with you, and I am not specifically having a go at Geelong for not having a RAP/not being engaged enough.

I am going to preface this with letting you know that this is actually my line of work.

Any organisation that engages in a RAP obviously has a commitment to Indigenous communities and reconciliation more broadly. The document you posted is out of date. For whatever reason, Geelong Football currently do not have any Reconciliation Action Plan lodged with Reconciliation Australia.

https://www.reconciliation.org.au/reconciliation-action-plans/who-has-a-rap/#who-has-rap-results

The only team in the AFL that does more than West Coast in this space is Richmond.

I am not trying to have a dick measuring competition with you, and I am not specifically having a go at Geelong for not having a RAP/not being engaged enough.

Nah that's fair enough. If it's your line of work, you're more than welcome to have a dick measuring competition, lol, as you obviously know a lot more about it than me.

Odd that they would have one and then not have one. Would that be because they'd established one previously, and have improved certain practices, meaning they think they don't need one right now? Maybe we weren't up to scratch for a while there, and wanted to cater more to Indigenous players (hence our large uptake in players)? That's the only reason I could think of that we'd employ one short term. Bit odd.

My field is Sociology, and specifically - institutional inequality. So I have a broad knowledge of this area, but not in-depth like you would have. Cheers for the info, very interesting :)

Stop tagging me then you pelicans

6dRS0TY.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As with our other friend, turnabout is fair play, so allow me to extend to you the sort of respect and courtesy you showed me over the other side.

fu** off you dickhead troll. You’re nothing but a dickhead troll with no clue. The quicker you fu** off the better. Just fu** off and fu** off now.
Or cry out for one of their thin skinned mods as strangecat does....catempire, catempire...they're laughing at my posts!!

So I take it nothing has actually happened in this trade yet..
Or in any trades.

I thought the start of trade period would see a bit of activity.

Amazing I can still be so naive after so long.

Nah that's fair enough. If it's your line of work, you're more than welcome to have a dick measuring competition, lol, as you obviously know a lot more about it than me.Odd that they would have one and then not have one. Would that be because they'd established one previously, and have improved certain practices, meaning they think they don't need one right now? Maybe we weren't up to scratch for a while there, and wanted to cater more to Indigenous players (hence our large uptake in players)? That's the only reason I could think that we'd employ one short term. Bit odd.

I am currently finishing up in a role working on Indigenous attraction and retention in Higher Education at a University in Melbourne. I actually studied Sociology at Uni and also have an interest in inequality.

They are rolling documents that work like building blocks. There is three levels stretch, innovate, elevate. The gains made in one RAP provide the the knowledge and resources to then develop the next RAP. Having a RAP opens up your organisation to scrutiny as you need to report to RA on it's progress. Geelong may have decided that they did not wish to do this. You don't need a RAP in order to make contributions in this space, however I would say that it would be best practice.

Not having a RAP doesn't mean Geelong is bad for Indigenous players, I do believe West Coast is right up there next to Richmond in this area. The kicker in this case being, as a Noongar man, Tim Kelly's Indigeneity is intrinsically linked to the area that is now Perth. That is the reason I specifically made mention of that in the post you originally responded to.

They are rolling documents that work like building blocks. There is three levels stretch, innovate, elevate. The gains made in one RAP provide the the knowledge and resources to then develop the next RAP. Having a RAP opens up your organisation to scrutiny as you need to report to RA on it's progress. Geelong may have decided that they did not wish to do this. You don't need a RAP in order to make contributions in this space, however I would say that it would be best practice.

Not having a RAP doesn't mean Geelong is bad for Indigenous players, I do believe West Coast is right up there next to Richmond in this area. The kicker in this case being, as a Noongar man, Tim Kelly's Indigeneity is intrinsically linked to the area that is now Perth. That is the reason I specifically made mention of that in the post you originally responded to.

Fascinating. It makes sense. Sort of an 'adherence' of sorts, that makes sure that the club as an organization commits to its goals and aims. I do know personally, that Stokes has done a ton of work in this area himself, after this plan was put in place. Goes to players houses, acts as a 'guide' and support system for all the Indigenous guys. We have a lot of programs that we use in the community and our Indigenous guys are a tight group, so I'd imagine there's been some bonding exercises specifically with that in mind (Narkle designing our amazing jersey this year and the profits going to Indigenous programs being a really nice example of that).

It is really interesting to see though how clubs look at tackling these areas. You're right, Kelly being a Noongar man does play a part in his connection to home, so it does make sense to use that as a reference point.

Good reading (RAP site)/info!

Ok I’ve rolled the Tim Kelly thread into this one for a very important reason- to save me from spending valuable lunch time reading through reports and cleaning up that thread. It’s become a bit tiresome and it’s only day one of ten days of this sideshow.

So to save us all some time and energy, I’m going to lay down some pretty clear guidelines on rules for this thread.

- Do not quote directly from other boards. This is a BF wide rule. It’s unfair on posters to be pulled into a thread on another board.
- Do not abuse opposition posters. Seriously, this does seem like a good idea sometimes but all it does is start a back and forth which wrecks another page of the thread. Any posts along the lines of ‘* off back to your board’ will get you a one day ban in this thread from now on. While this may seem harsh, it’s not that hard to avoid. There’s 10 more days of this guys.
- If you see a post that you think is a troll, disingenuous or not posted in good faith, the best option is to report it and move on. We do see all the reports eventually, even if it doesn’t happen as quick as you’d like sometimes. If you don’t give a post the oxygen it wants it dies.
- This is a general trade thread, if the Kelly discussion doesn’t drown it out going in circles, there’s lot of other things to discuss in the AFL world.

If you’re an opposition supporter
- We do allow a fairly long leash in this thread. If you aren’t abusive you are welcome to post as much as you like. If your posts get low quality or add nothing to the discussion you will get a fair warning about that
- If you find abusive posts in response to what you think is a fair comment, do not reply to it, report it and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back