List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WCE may try to trade back into the draft .. Now Kelly gets done..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
With what?

I think we are very happy with our young players, and no-one is rumored to leave, Vozzo might just head down the ocean road for a week (via the Geelong ring road, might get lynched if he goes through town).

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Indeed I will miss the overhyping of 18 yos who get demoted to the rookie list after 2 years of medicore performance then delisted 2 years after that.
I would say our drafting in recent years has improved and the nice 1st and 2nds picks we had this year would have netted us some really handy players.

Seeing how ordinary our drafting was last year, and in quite a few other seasons softens the blow a bit. The only recent one that stands out as particularly good was 2017, but it was a bit ruined by Ainsworth instead of Worpel lol.

Herp derp you don't get any good players in the 20's. Herp derp picks are worth nothing if they aren't top 10. Speculative at best.

Bollocks.

Kelly himself was pick 24
Untouchable 200 gamer star Oscar Allen was pick 21.
Liam Ryan 26
Zac Fisher 27
Shai Bolton 29
Zach Merrett 26
Rory Lobb 29
Elliot Yeo 30
Jack Darling 26
Natalie Fyfe 20
Mitch Duncan 28

And that's just looking at guns between 20-30 over the past 10 years.

The point is there's still plenty of talent to be found in that bracket. Nothing guaranteed but there's usually sliders. You don't find them if you have no picks.

Hell Worpel was pick 45 and he looks like he's going to have a massive career at Hawthorn.

That pick 33 means something to me. It's not loose change.
lol @ Natalie Fyfe.

Herp derp you don't get any good players in the 20's. Herp derp picks are worth nothing if they aren't top 10. Speculative at best.

Bollocks.

Kelly himself was pick 24
Untouchable 200 gamer star Oscar Allen was pick 21.
Liam Ryan 26
Zac Fisher 27
Shai Bolton 29
Zach Merrett 26
Rory Lobb 29
Elliot Yeo 30
Jack Darling 26
Natalie Fyfe 20
Mitch Duncan 28

And that's just looking at guns between 20-30 over the past 10 years.

The point is there's still plenty of talent to be found in that bracket. Nothing guaranteed but there's usually sliders. You don't find them if you have no picks.

Hell Worpel was pick 45 and he looks like he's going to have a massive career at Hawthorn.

That pick 33 means something to me. It's not loose change.
You've listed 11 players out of 100 selected in the 20's in the last 10 years... How does this prove any point? Fisher, Bolton and Lobb aren't even that good anyway

A deal that leaves both clubs happy is impossible so it's probably fair that both clubs are left unhappy.

Reckon the club is rather chuffed.

Glad to have him. Drafts and depth are really not an immediate concerns, e have depth and are in prime to go for more flags.Kelly should give us additional 2-3 wins and more class. Very happy if this goes through. Overall it is overs in principle but it is what it is. There is every chance all those picks will be absolute duds. Kelly at least has shown he is AFL ready. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We offered three seconds last year for him, we've now made a deal (if true) for two mid to late firsts and a second. It's not that far off of our last offer.

Well considering there have been at least 180 picks between 20-30 (10 x 18 teams) plus compo probably puts it close to 200.

10 players out of 200 is a 5% strike rate.

Of course. But you'll never know if you don't have the picks to find out. I'd rather not throw them away to be kind, or easy to deal with if we can help it.

Say one of Rivers or Sharp slid to 33 on draft night and we're left with nothing but thin air to select them with.

Sure you're not guaranteed a gun or an A grade player, but a role player who could possibly play 100 games and does their role is just as important. Picks aren't garbage.

How much of a part did Ryan and Rioli play in our flag last year? How much is Petrucelle looking like a big part of our future?

Also (Not sure who's argument this strengthens) 4 are currently on our list, 5 by the end of the week!

Good point! And to be honest I'm not even trying to argue. I just think that this proposed trade is a good one for us. An A-grade midfielder over three average picks in a lottery that may never even make it

Guys why are we complaining? It really doesn't matter what picks we give.. we're not parting with any of our young talent and are adding Kelly to a team that can win a flag without him. This isn't a bottom 4 team trading for him..we're basically the second best team in the comp, adding a top 5 mid in the comp without giving up any of our players. Over the past 12 months we've kept Shooter Mcgovern, Gaff and have added Kelly.

Getting this done early, even if it means sacrifcing picks regardless of if he's out of contract doesn't phase me, since our arch rivals Freo dont come into play and miss out on him, i mean could you imagine Kelly playing against us twice a year in the debies? And Geelong our other rival, loses their second best player and are no longer a contender..Seems like a massive win.

Of course. But you'll never know if you don't have the picks to find out. I'd rather not throw them away to be kind, or easy to deal with if we can help it.

Say one of Rivers or Sharp slid to 33 on draft night and we're left with nothing but thin air to select them with.

Sure you're not guaranteed a gun or an A grade player, but a role player who could possibly play 100 games and does their role is just as important. Picks aren't garbage.

How much of a part did Ryan and Rioli play in our flag last year? How much is Petrucelle looking like a big part of our future?

But we are not throwing them away. We are getting a 25 yo AA mid who is a elite at stoppage work who can kick goals and is the exact kind of player we want.

Is there a single 2019 draftee that is projected to be around the same level?

Guys why are we complaining? It really doesn't matter what picks we give.. we're not parting with any of our young talent and are adding Kelly to a team that can win a flag without him. This isn't a bottom 4 team trading for him..we're basically the second best team in the comp, adding a top 5 mid in the comp without giving up any of our players. Over the past 12 months we've kept Shooter Mcgovern, Gaff and have added Kelly.

Getting this done early, even if it means sacrifcing picks regardless of if he's out of contract doesn't phase me, since our arch rivals Freo dont come into play and miss out on him, i mean could you imagine Kelly playing against us twice a year in the debies? And Geelong our other rival, loses their second best player and are no longer a contender..Seems like a massive win.
The issue is if we dont win a flag with Kelly then we have sacrificed 2 drafts of talent. Its a risk and we'll have to see if it pays off

The issue is if we dont win a flag with Kelly then we have sacrificed 2 drafts of talent. Its a risk and we'll have to see if it pays off
Didn't we givee up a first for Shazza bloddy Wellignham?

Mate when you got a list like us and have the chance to take our team to another level you do it..This deal is going to be like richmond adding tom lynch..look at how that worked out for them..

At the end of the day why are playing footy anyway? to win flags, this increases our chance by a mile

Close

64 pending what happens with 33 and other pick swaps
I think 33 is the part confusing everyone.

AFL.com reporting 14, 24 2019 1st agreed with wc to work out 2nd and 3rd round picks (As 33 is important to Geelong for Steven).

Not sure what we are working out... we would have no further 2nd or 3rd round picks available to trade.

So we must be deciding on Geelongs picks? (Guessing, but who isn't). Maybe we choose between Geelongs 2020 r2 OR 2019 r3 + 2020 r3?

Still don't understand the difference between 33 and 36 for Steven... seems splitting hairs on that one.

But we are not throwing them away. We are getting a 25 yo AA mid who is a elite at stoppage work who can kick goals and is the exact kind of player we want.

Is there a single 2019 draftee that is projected to be around the same level?
I agree. This is a massive win for us if we land him.

You've listed 11 players out of 100 selected in the 20's in the last 10 years... How does this prove any point? Fisher, Bolton and Lobb aren't even that good anyway

I'm just giving examples. Not just highlighting guns and A graders.

Hell i could keep going and finding more valuable players later in drafts but that's not my point. Stack and Pickett were for free after all.

My point is you might get a very important role player with a pick 33 for example, not a gun, so if we can avoid throwing it in and play some hard ball I'd like to.

Initial thoughts lool like we're offering up too much too soon. Too many sweeteners offered straight up and thrown straight in.

But we'll see what the actual trade is I guess 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back