List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
201cm AA caliber 25yr old player who is apparently back for a full preseason. There’s a reason why Sydney wanted him and equally why Essendon were happy to keep him. A bit like TK last year. I may be the only one who rates him this highly though.

So what happens to J.Martin now?

Gold Coast have first pick in the PSD and national draft.

If he doesn't renew, they could just in theory re-select him and force him to stay.

The situation does open the door now for a potential agreement between Gold Coast and Melbourne - say a swap of pick 15 for pick 8 and allow the Demons to gain him in the PSD.

Have GWS traded the same pick twice?

Melbourne's 2020 fourth for Jacobs and along with Bonar for the third?
New AFL rule - you can't trade two first round picks in successive years, unless you trade the same lower-round pick to two separate clubs in the same year.

Barrett & his Company of campaigners sound like they've been personally slighted by Sydney. Purps is just about in tears and Kane is sounding like the voice of reason. :drunk:

Can't they even try and maintain a slight veneer of professionalism about this whole endeavour? I'd rather the AFL's homebrand Vice reporters do the wrap-up.

Dodo is a known immovable object, Sydney's offer of 9 & a future 1st was more than fair. It didn't happen, they try again next year.
Can understand now why no Clubs like to try and trade with Essendon. What an idiot - they should have grabbed that deal with both hands. Will this make it awkward for Daniher now following all this hoo ha? Also what were Daniher's reason wanting to leave Essendon - you would have thought with the history of Essendon and the Daniher name that he would have been content to play out his career with the Bombers?

Can understand now why no Clubs like to try and trade with Essendon. What an idiot - they should have grabbed that deal with both hands. Will this make it awkward for Daniher now following all this hoo ha? Also what were Daniher's reason wanting to leave Essendon - you would have thought with the history of Essendon and the Daniher name that he would have been content to play out his career with the Bombers?

Agree that the Daniher issue is wildly overinflated - that said, he is contracted and there is no key forward talent in this year's draft pool that could be a viable replacement in coming seasons either - so Essendon were within their rights to hold onto him.

As to the main reasoning behind his wanting to leave? Daniher believes the Bombers have mismanaged his OP and that the staff at Sydney would be better at treating it and keeping him on the field. He also has a link with the club as his father Anthony Daniher originally chose to play at South Melbourne (to become Sydney) over Essendon for six seasons before joining the other Daniher brothers at the Bombers.

Patton is only worth a future 4th but joe is worth more than two top ten picks. Doesn’t Marry up for mine

I have noticed while listening to Trade Radio that Damian Barrett doesn't seem to have a set of principles for determining trade value i.e. contracted v unctontracted or individual team list needs etc. As such his valuations of players wildly swing and are often out of sync with other around him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo did really well. Aish (handy depth), Acres (huge ceiling, I wish we had him), Pick 10 and a heap of future second rounders they can live trade for picks this draft period. Hill is good but a touch overrated imo and Langdon would never fit into Longmuir's inevitable high skill game style.

Take off your purple jumper and come back to the safety of WCE. I know you’re a pessimist, you don’t deserve the torture of being a Purple

We're looking at pairing up our #46 with a future pick to obtain a pick higher in the coming draft . The recruiters are looking at draft options and we have spoken to clubs in the past few days to achieve this higher pick .

It's all good I think ...what could possibly go wrong !!
Welcome Noah Anderson

So what happens to J.Martin now?

Gold Coast have first pick in the PSD and national draft.

If he doesn't renew, they could just in theory re-select him and force him to stay.

The situation does open the door now for a potential agreement between Gold Coast and Melbourne - say a swap of pick 15 for pick 8 and allow the Demons to gain him in the PSD.
Gold Coast are committed too using picks 1 & 2 in this draft on Rowell and Anderson. If Martin nominates for the draft he may get thru to pick 9 (Carltons first pick). But a lot of others have picks before (Sydney,Adelaide , Melbourne etc ).
In a PSD situation Suns will take him first pick. (Would be a top leader in NEAFL - huge depth player).
Most likely though he will sign a 1 year contract - and try his arse off to impress - leading into his free agency year.
Carlton and his management clearly thought he could do what Lynch, May and others have done - play s**t all year but still get to go where they wanted.
Pretty sure Martin won't try Melbourne again after being rejected by both Essendon and Carlton in consecutive years.
Think we should go hard for him next year....:)

Last edited:
We're looking at pairing up our #46 with a future pick to obtain a pick higher in the coming draft . The recruiters are looking at draft options and we have spoken to clubs in the past few days to achieve this higher pick .

It's all good I think ...what could possibly go wrong !!
Having traded our first rounder next year in the Kelly trade are we even allowed to trade another future pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back