List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

truman

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Except he really didnt show much in the Beagles where he should have been dominating.

Do you keep a Smith or look for the next Tim Kelly? Thats the question.
I think that ship would have sailed ... Pickett! I wasn't annoyed about not picking up Kelly, but after failing to trade him in last year I'm surprised we didn't rookie Pickett!

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
I think that ship would have sailed ... Pickett! I wasn't annoyed about not picking up Kelly, but after failing to trade him in last year I'm surprised we didn't rookie Pickett!

One ship sails and another is coming over the horizon.

Pickett obviously didnt fit our club requirements in previous behaviour. No matter if reformed or not. We are very conservative in that respect. Cost us Stack and will likely cost us other good options.

Just because we stuffed up on Kelly doesnt mean we so looking and taking a punt. The 'egg on face' is still very fresh on that front.

mattyc75

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2010
over here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
,west perthgolden state warriors
One ship sails and another is coming over the horizon.

Pickett obviously didnt fit our club requirements in previous behaviour. No matter if reformed or not. We are very conservative in that respect. Cost us Stack and will likely cost us other good options.

Just because we stuffed up on Kelly doesnt mean we so looking and taking a punt. The 'egg on face' is still very fresh on that front.
It was a horrendous error not to rookie pickett.i believe he wouldve regularly getting games for us and we wouldve made the top 4.
Hope the eagles have adjusted their mindset

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Jumpoff Joey

Team Captain
Aug 1, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Wasn't a big Masten fan but why cut Masten and keep Smith? they're the exact same player. I'd keep Ah Chee everyone else who knows?

As for the draft whoever has the highest ceiling we need to draft, we're in our window so we can aim for high risk, high reward type of player.

Oct 17, 2017
Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
People doing their panties need to get a grip over picking up excrims and dodgy sorts,
these kind of picks are not our scene...It has NEVER been that way.

Some kents of players who we've picked up in good faith have s**t on our culture but it has never been our way to pick up risky picks which i'm happy to keep that tradition going.

Will Eagles fans in a few years time rejoice if it all blows up in Flogmonds face culture wise and who will look smarter?

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Wasn't a big Masten fan but why cut Masten and keep Smith? they're the exact same player. I'd keep Ah Chee everyone else who knows?

As for the draft whoever has the highest ceiling we need to draft, we're in our window so we can aim for high risk, high reward type of player.

Masten was on decent coin ( 300-400k) compared to smith who is on minimum pay plus match payments.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast

You answered your own question.

Masten was cut because we had a cheaper, younger replacement in Smith to provide exactly what Masten did / could.

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
People doing their panties need to get a grip over picking up excrims and dodgy sorts,

Some kents of players who we've picked up in good faith have s**t on our culture but it has never been our way to pick up risky picks which i'm happy to keep that tradition going.

Will Eagles fans in a few years time rejoice if it all blows up in Flogmonds face culture wise and who will look smarter?

I agree with you entirely.

Everyone deserves second chances, and opportunities to better themselves. I don't think the Eagles are necessarily the right club for those players.

I don't envisage Richmond having any issues with Stack and Pickett. Pickett's issue stem from bad decisions he made when he was 18-20. He's turned his life around and has been on the straight and narrow for a long time now, and he has a premiership medal to show for it.

Last edited:
Masten was cut because we had a cheaper, younger replacement in Smith to provide exactly what Masten did / could.
Whilst they play the same role I don't think Smith is on Masten's level. So I wouldn't say 'exactly' what Masten did/could.

Likely Masten was told he wouldn't be getting a game unless there was an injury crisis and was offered a low contract and he thought he still had something to offer an AFL side for better money so he has taken his chance.

Sep 8, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Eagles have asked re moving Rioli to the rookie list but the AFL haven't decided as yet and are holding up our list manàgement and why M Allen , Brayshaw , Mutimer , Brooksby and Smith are in limbo .
Don't think Rioli will be delisted in the process we're just trying our luck in requesting and the AFL are consulting Geelong ( Wellsy ) to see if it's okay with them ...hehe .

Jumpoff Joey

Team Captain
Aug 1, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
You answered your own question.

Prefer Masten, he loves the club and was a fan like us. If he had a choice to continue playing on half the amount I would think he would? Just my 2 cents but yes your right much of muchness.

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast

Depends on how many premiership Richmond have won.
Assuming it does blowup in their face.
I doubt it will though.

I'm in the camp that we should be taking a punt on some of these players.

It didn't Hawthorn's reputation when things went tit's up with Garlett.

Last edited:
May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
So how many picks are we using again?

Masten - Kelly
Mutimer - Watson

2-6 outs and potential outs, you’d think we maybe retain 1 or 2 at most:

M. Allen
Brayshaw
Watson
McInnes
Brooksby
Smith

If we retain only 1 (on the rookie list) then we use 2 ND picks and 3 RD picks to stay at 39/5.

Then if Ah Chee goes we use 6 total picks.

Five picks seems to be the best guess.
McInnes is already de-listed and Watson has signed on.

From the rest of the list I'd imagine Brayshaw likely to be kept with maybe Brooksby for the Beagles.

Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
To put him on the rookie list would mean delisting him and then redrafting him in the rookie draft. It’d be risky for a couple of reasons:
- the effect being delisted would have on his mental health, although I’m sure the club would be at pains to point out to him that it’s solely for list management reasons and they’re still standing by him;
- with the new rules, delisting him would effectively make him a free agent for life, meaning any time he comes out of contract he can sign with whoever he wants.

Neither is a reason not to do it, but just a couple of consequences to keep in mind.
I thought we could possibly put him on the inactive list.

Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Eagles have asked re moving Rioli to the rookie list but the AFL haven't decided as yet and are holding up our list manàgement and why M Allen , Brayshaw , Mutimer , Brooksby and Smith are in limbo .
Don't think Rioli will be delisted in the process we're just trying our luck in requesting and the AFL are consulting Geelong ( Wellsy ) to see if it's okay with them ...hehe .
Why the farrrrrrk are they asking that white haired, hypocritical, crunt face!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back