Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
I was keen on O'Neill for our pick 46 so delighted at a rookie level.

I have pretty high regard for Snoopdog as a BigFooty talent watcher and this is his mock where he had him at 31

His player comparison of Lachie Neale should give us all some hope.

1574985157399.png

Dec 25, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I think the treacy pick was due to his rapid improvment from amatures to wafl so quickly . Add another preseason and he would be on every clubs radar .

So rookie pick now or potentially top 50 pick next year .

Maybe we have learned from kelly and ryan

Yeah when people complain that we didn't rookie a guy like Kelly before he was worth a zillion dollars, we can point to Treacy as WC trying to do just that.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
So Treacy and Jamieson join a long and celebrated list of Claremont Football Club players joining the Eagles.

That bring the current squad to 6 from Claremont:
Barrass, McGovern, Waterman and Watson

Something about the blue and yellow that just go together like sand and sea

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
I was keen on O'Neill for our pick 46 so delighted at a rookie level.

I have pretty high regard for Snoopdog as a BigFooty talent watcher and this is his mock where he had him at 31

His player comparison of Lachie Neale should give us all some hope.

View attachment 786637

A lot of bio's have o'neill at 176cm so a small mid but the afl bio that uses the combine recordings has him at 181cm.

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Mitch O'Neil.

View attachment 786626

Anthony Treacy.

View attachment 786627

Welcome to The West Coast Eagles.

Love these two pieces of Drafting.

:thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

They do seem like excellent choices.

Treacy may turn out to be something or nothing (welcome to the rookie draft I suppose!), but if we are looking for a mature age player with scope for improvement, in a position of need - then we have him.

O'Neill - that is an odd one (not why we picked him, but why he lasted so long). Highlights look good (ok, they always do) but he has been consistent. One of two B2B AA U18 players (with Sharp and Gould - and teams were jumping the order to get those guys in the 2nd round of the draft last night). Have a look at the players he was named in the midfield AA team with - Anderson, Rowell, Green, Robertson - with Jackson in the ruck. That is essentially the 3 best mids in the draft rated by most, plus the Larke medalist and obviously a ruck (who happened to go at #3). He may not have the scope for improvement, and may have injuries - but I think it is pretty obvious there is talent to work with there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tassie mid Mitch O'Neill with our 2nd pick.

Every time I click on the link I end up here:

Looks a good mover through traffic and picking good kicks with good overhead ability seems to be right in our wheelhouse under Simmo.

I much prefer the way we have used the rookie list this year, particularly if Pickett proves up to the task over summer. I much prefer to take talent that has had injury issues and back ourselves in to get them right than take types like Burrows, especially given anyone we are taking at present is very low probability to get a game barring a complete decimation of the list through injury.

Hammer and Ah Chee are good solid depth options. They know our systems and are going to be key cogs at the Beagles, even if nothing comes up at league level for them (hopefully not as it will mean we are getting a smooth ride on injury)

Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
After reflection from last night i am glad most of us on BF arent recruiters. Im stoked with all our picks. Oneill of the Tassie variety in the rookie draft, is the steal of the year if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back