List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s assume they did just give Ryder away. The late picks are largely irrelevant anyway. That 18 and 12 for Howard and 10 is good work nonetheless.

Great deal for the Saints.

Is it?

GWS got pick 40 for Tomlinson compo.

Keith is talked up as being traded from Adelaide to the dogs for a 45-60 pick. Defenders are on fire sale ATM.

Both of them are equally as good if not better than Howard, but Saints have just paid pick 18 for him.

The 10 to 12 downgrade is minimal, but just tack it on and say Saints paid roughly pick 20 for Horward. Hardly a MASSIVE win IMO.

Semantics i know.

One report saying pick 6 and future second wasn't actually offered and that the report stating it was was incorrect. Saints offered 6 and future third and Dockers wanted 6 and future first and talks broke down. Can't remember where I heard this but Vic media do like making Freo look bad.

Not sure why they bother, Freo and more than capable of doing this by themselves

If he had actually got on the park over the last few seasons yeah sure. But we're talking about a player who has missed a hell of a lot of football.
Syndey aren't trying to buy a broken down player, there are assuming he'll get over his groin issue and hit peak. Essendon dont want to trade him, so it's logical that they ask for the same price they would if he was at peak. Sydney are trying to get a bargain, fair enough to have a crack, but he's contracted.

Daniher suffered from OP which can be a two season thing (refer to Nic Nat 2012/13). I wouldn't be surprised to see Daniher hit his straps again in the second half of next year.

Traded in / cheap Hawthorn players and their 2019 B&F finishes. You can factor in that Scully and Patton could easily make their top 10 B&F next year, fitness permitting

Worpel (1st) - pick 45
Henderson (2nd) - free
O’Meara (3rd) - picks 10 & 24
Sicily (4th) - pick 56
Hardwick (5th) - pick 44
Impey (6th) - pick 33
Scully - ~60
Patton - ~60
The B&F is a completely biased award. Hawthorn missed the 8, so all that tells me is that these trades haven't caused them to be world bearers.

The B&F is a completely biased award. Hawthorn missed the 8, so all that tells me is that these trades haven't caused them to be world bearers.

Well they lost their best player and Brownlow medalist who will return in 2020.

He'd instantly lift them into the 8 IMO. Hawthorn have a lot of upside despite still having an older team.

Yeah we beat the s**t Hawks team by 1 pt then they came to Perth and f’ed up our Premiership plans .
They aren’t as bad as you think ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
They aren't great though, we just struggle against them. I think it's because our gameplan is similar to theirs and they know how to disrupt it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vozzo is way too gun shy to add Acres this trade period. He's still counting the cost of the Kelly trade and shut up shop. It was the biggest trade in our history.

I'd be amazed if we had an Acres trade brewing in the background this whole time. Has to be Freo surely.

Surely it's the biggest trade in AFL history in terms of pure pick count.

2 x 1st round picks and 2 x 2nd rounds picks for a player + 3rd pick.

Vozzo is way too gun shy to add Acres this trade period. He's still counting the cost of the Kelly trade and shut up shop. It was the biggest trade in our history.

I'd be amazed if we had an Acres trade brewing in the background this whole time. Has to be Freo surely.

Do we have the currency to get it done? Maybe 46 and Geelong's future third?

Honestly I feel like people at Port must be huffing glue to do that deal

They traded Howard, Ryder and #10 for #12 and #18? I know Ryder probably doesn't have much longer in the system but trading Howard? Defender with massive upside imo. This seems like someone making a decision the same day they took a blow to the head.

Maybe I've just got PTSD from those few games against us where it felt like Ryder singled-handedly turned the game as well..I dunno

Last edited:
They aren't great though, we just struggle against them. I think it's because our gameplan is similar to theirs and they know how to disrupt it.

That’s right , they aren’t great but they are building again ..Getting Mitchell back will be a big boost plus Impey and gaining Patton and Frost to add to Wingard and Scully who where in their 1st years at the club..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back