List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be surprised if that was the case. I'd actually be astounded.

There is a father son Rioli becoming available soon.

It would be a restraint of trade if all Darwin or NT zoned players were restricted from entering the draft and were forced to go to a single club.

I read it that Gold Coast has special access and can bypass the draft if the player agrees / elects to use that path way.

Maurice Rioli Jr is living in Melbourne, boarding and playing for Scotch College so wouldn't be part of Darwin's academy zone.

It is hard to tell what the wording around the Darwin academy zone actually means. But now you have put it that way, it makes more sense.

Stinks of Melbourne just forcing Fremantles number 10 out of them rather than really wanting him at 8.

Henry is rated as a top 15 prospect and Melbourne made it known they wanted an extra top 10 pick to target a good small forward, so there's no harm in them asking.

Should just let Ah Chee walk if he refuses a 1 yr deal, borderline whether we should even keep him let alone giving him a 2 year contract, should just be grateful for a extension being a depth player. Happy for him to go to Brissie to join his brother.

Yeh if they are keen go for it, melts happen on Freo board but they probably still match.

Out of curiosity Melbourne bid, Freo take him using points from 10. Would they get change?

If my maths are right they’d have 232 points left over which is pick 53

Ideal draft night situation would be :freo:🚽

- Dockers miss out on Jackson (Taken by Melb, Adelaide, Sydney or GWS instead)
- Robertson is taken before their pick 7
- Dockers have to use pick 10 on Henry because Melbourne bids on him with pick 8
- Sharp gets taken before Dockers pick 22

- Dockers then fold 🗑

Two things i'd very much like to happen. Dockers don't get Jackson, and Dockers have to take Henry with pick 10 😍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ideal draft night situation would be :freo:🚽

- Dockers miss out on Jackson (Taken by Melb, Adelaide, Sydney or GWS instead)
- Robertson is taken before their pick 7
- Dockers have to use pick 10 on Henry because Melbourne bids on him with pick 8
- Sharp gets taken before Dockers pick 22

- Dockers then fold 🗑

Two things i'd very much like to happen. Dockers don't get Jackson, and Dockers have to take Henry with pick 10 😍

In 3 years time when Jackson is feeding a midfield

Would we really prefer he goes to GWS feeding their star mids and making them a legit threat to our continuing dynasty or would we rather him be feeding a 32 year old Fyfe and his band of merry blockers who are zero threat,

We did that same thing with McDonald at Norf years ago. The best thing is he turned out to be a spud, so they overpaid big time.
I think the best bit was that was during the whole pre-draft bidding phase of the father-son rule. It meant we bid on him with 6, so North had to match with 8, then we went and traded 6 anyway to Collingwood for the Sheed and Karpany picks.

Buszan used to dominate the WAFL around that period.

Did some research - it turns out he stuffed his ankle up, and though he played on for years, it was not up to it, at least for AFL level. We have had some bad luck over the years with injured big men - Buszan, Brad Smith and Travis Gasper.

Last edited:
I'm more bullish about Ah Chee than most.
Whenever he plays he seems to put in a decent performance, but is seldom given the opportunity to string games together and build form.
I think he has a role to play as a high half forward who can apply pressure in the forward line and provide superior ball winning at forward half contests. Similar to the role that Venables was playing last year.
Playing Ryan, Rioli, Petch, Cameron and Waterman this year delivered us lots of goals but hurt our ability to win the ball in our forward half once it came to ground.
I'd like to see us play two of Ryan/Petch/Cameron along with one of Ah Chee/Venables to provide a better balance.

If my maths are right they’d have 232 points left over which is pick 53
Is that from using 10 + 22?

If Melb bid pick 8, that's 1551 points.
20% discount means Freo have to match with 1241 points.
Pick 10 is 1395 points, so they have a surplus of 154 points (around pick 60).

Has the points table at the bottom of the page.

The dockers will have a trade lined up if a bid comes before 10. Trade 10 for a future pick. Then use 22 to match or even split 22 as part of additional pre-agreed trades. Then trade back in with the future when it suits them. Still not ideal.
Didn't they change the rules to stop teams doing that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back