List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

View attachment 767614View attachment 767615

Thoughts on the above by anybody who knows about this years draft crop. Even with Rioli out I’m not certain small forward is an area of need and would prefer to see us have a crack at finding more midfield depth but this piqued my interest

Decent sized legs on him. Would draft. Would help with our forward pressure!

There’s 12 clubs that could jump in and poach Kelly from us if we went that route.

There’s only two clubs that can pip Carlton to get Martin, and even then it’s looking a distinct possibility that one of them might. Either Gold Coast to force him to sit out a year if he doesn’t want to play for them, or Melbourne if they want a free (but also $700k) hit at a talented player.

The PSD isn’t really a legitimate threat these days even if you finish in the bottom four, it’s zero threat if you finish in the top six.

Okay so with Martin it's less likely because of the picks ahead of Carlton, but in no way a certainty - other factors like cap space etc are coming into play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a fan of Kysaiah. Wouldn't be upset if Dylan Williams slid to our pick either, was rated a top 5 at one stage.

What's the knock on Williams for him to slide so far?

View attachment 767614View attachment 767615

Thoughts on the above by anybody who knows about this years draft crop. Even with Rioli out I’m not certain small forward is an area of need and would prefer to see us have a crack at finding more midfield depth but this piqued my interest

I like all the names he's listed there, but I have them all off the draft board by 46. Kysiah will go close to 40, but teams are keen on small pressure fwds now so reckon he'll be gone. Not as skillful as Willie, but bloody tough. Plays high hff like Willie was, but he can drift in and out of games.
Taylor probably most likely to get to 46, not on talent but on attitude etc. Reckon we should back our culture in to recruit him and get him on the right track, as he's top 20 for talent.
I'd love Rantall at 46, similar to Petch in that he came to footy from basketball late and was playing high level bball. Vic country kid who is elite runner and hands in traffic, just think he's ceiling is huge.

Last edited:
Josh Deluca delisted by Carlton

I think players picked up in the mid season draft need better protection than to be moved interstate half through a season with no guarantees beyond the end of that year

I think players picked up in the mid season draft need better protection than to be moved interstate half through a season with no guarantees beyond the end of that year

If they are going on the main list catch should be a 2 year deal for them.

Makes them less expendable and will force clubs to put more thought into drafting them.

Still absolutely mystified to how partington tested 2.82 for the 20m dash and similar in his draft year bloke runs like he is underwater
The 20m sprint doesnt represent top speed. Hutchings pulled a similar time once and he is average paced. Parto isn't that big so probably gets off the line ok.

No way I'd be taking a forward pocket in the main draft
With cameron,venebles, petrucelle, Ah chee all vying for a spot and willie being cleared for round 1 we should be covered
Midfield still the way to go with our first pick

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I think at 46 we'll just take the best player available. Can't really afford to be picky at that end of the draft.

They get $20,000 exit payment if they don't get extended.

So with our Piucks this year, I would like to see us pick the following:

If we trade up to a pick in the 30's- Take the best slider that comes our way.
I am hoping for Sharpe. I think he would be one we are keeping an eye out for. (If I remember correctly he was rated as a first rounder before the year started).
If Sharpe is not available, I would like us to look at Sam Philp. Seems the kind of player we would look at. Fast, has grown to 187cm and has the body to compete at stoppages. I posted an article from AFL.com regardign him. he has a beautiful penetrating quick from all reports and he didn't let missing out on Vic Metro selection, get him down. Shows true character.

For our last live pick, if he is available, I would like Riley Garcia. Would be an absolute steal due to him doing his knee. Absolute tough nut who was having a terrific year before he went down in the Championships. Another option would be Chad Warner here.

For our Rookie Picks, I would like to look for a young Ruckman first. Only basing my thoughts on online reports but I would liek to see Zak Patterson from West Perth. Seems to be athletic have good ruck skills. Is exactly what the rookie draft should be used for and we have proven history on using it on ruckmen in the past.
ZAK PATTERSON – WEST PERTH
The Joondalup-Kinross junior is a ruckman who is athletic, skilful and has strong ruck craft for someone his age. In 12 games for West Perth’s Colts team, Patterson kicked 4 goals and averaged 14 possessions, 27 hit-outs, 3 marks and 2 tackles. His best performances came against Claremont in round two (12 possessions, 23 hit-outs and a goal), East Fremantle in round five (15 possessions, 19 hit-outs and a goal), Subiaco in rounds 12 (13 possessions, 5 marks and 2 goals) and 19 (21 possessions and 36 hit-outs) and East Perth in the Second Semi-Final (17 possessions and 27 hit-outs).

Depending on how many rookie picks we go in with, I would like us to take a punt on Rhai-Arn Cox- He has X factor and classand I would back our development and welfare team to get the bestt out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back