List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nelson would probably be playing regular midfield if playing wafl this year .
Hutch i assume would be in and out of the senior side too .

Midfield depth would be
Hutch
Nelson
Venables
Ahchee
Brayshaw
Ainsworth
O'Neill
Cole and Duggan are spare tools in the box...defence mainly, but if you needed to get creative?

Am I the only one who DGAF about Lecca coaching at Freo?

Bloke is entitled to earn a crust from his skill set.
Hah, yes I was initially disgruntled and went outside and shouted at clouds - "what a traitor, how could he!?" etc...
But hey, It's a big state and a small city and you're right, he's entitled to earn crust, absolutely!

Doubt Lecca went looking for a job. He's got his retirement boat now and bought a fishing/tackle shop. I reckon Longy made him an offer he couldn't refuse and he's decided to top up the Super during winter when he can't use the boat as much.
This is how you hold a ball . This is how you kick it . $200 000 . You are welcome .

Am I the only one who DGAF about Lecca coaching at Freo?

Bloke is entitled to earn a crust from his skill set.
Let's hope the Frockers get him to teach the forwards how to be man accountable and two way running.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard the definition of a boat is a hole in the water surrounded by steel, concrete or fibreglass, into which you throw money.
Depends where you live, I bring home about 100 fish a year living in Broome, I would estimate that I would get 2kg fish fillets per fish, my boat is cost neutral.
Thank you to the state government for banning commercial fishing in Roebuck bay

What?

He won't be under $180k in any year.

Year 1 $1m, years 2,34 and 5 he gets $500k. Total $3m over 5 years.

Tax paid is the same.

He gets more $$ up front early to then invest, time value of money concept means that is a much better deal than a back ended one.

The original posit for the post I responded to was:

"$1m first year, $560k for the next four years"

I interpreted that to mean that the contract would be front loaded to fend off suitors. Balance of $560k payable over a 4 year period.

If the original comment had read $560k each year, I would have reached the same conclusion as you. Maybe I missed a prior reference to a $3m total contract. Ultimately don't see much point bickering over a theoretical contract. I know what the marginal tax thresholds are.

Lecras only working one day a week at the Shockers , you gotta say Lecras has the skill set for the job ....going to get interesting how things go with arch enemy S Hill ...hehe

Dockers are looking at Lachie Ash evidently he is Chris Connolly's nephew but regardless sounds a handy player .

Lecras only working one day a week at the Shockers , you gotta say Lecras has the skill set for the job ....going to get interesting how things go with arch enemy S Hill ...hehe

Dockers are looking at Lachie Ash evidently he is Chris Connolly's nephew but regardless sounds a handy player .
Ash would be a very undocker pick . The kid has serious foot skill and pace off the HBF.
Think of nathan wilson without the blind 50m bomb at the end of the run

The original posit for the post I responded to was:

"$1m first year, $560k for the next four years"

I interpreted that to mean that the contract would be front loaded to fend off suitors. Balance of $560k payable over a 4 year period.

If the original comment had read $560k each year, I would have reached the same conclusion as you. Maybe I missed a prior reference to a $3m total contract. Ultimately don't see much point bickering over a theoretical contract. I know what the marginal tax thresholds are.

Who's bickering?

You misinterpreted what was said and the $3m total.

I do that sometimes and so doEs everyone.

It's not a drama.

With our picks, I doubt we'd be able to draft a mid that will be anything more than delist material in two-three years.

I reckon we'll be looking at role players. Small forward, lockdown defender, that sort of thing.

No idea what the ruck situation is like in this draft, but if there's a young ruckman available at our pick, I wouldn't mind that if the clubs sees potential beyond his certain weaknesses. Nic Nat is an A Grade ruckman but has a fragile body, and Vardy and Hickey are ... Vardy and Hickey.

No matter who we draft they're going to have some pretty major weaknesses.

But we have Tim Kelly, so we've already won this off-season :) No contender will have improved their list as much as we have :) Now to get the mindset right!

With our picks, I doubt we'd be able to draft a mid that will be anything more than delist material in two-three years.

I reckon we'll be looking at role players. Small forward, lockdown defender, that sort of thing.

No idea what the ruck situation is like in this draft, but if there's a young ruckman available at our pick, I wouldn't mind that if the clubs sees potential beyond his certain weaknesses. Nic Nat is an A Grade ruckman but has a fragile body, and Vardy and Hickey are ... Vardy and Hickey.

No matter who we draft they're going to have some pretty major weaknesses.

But we have Tim Kelly, so we've already won this off-season :) No contender will have improved their list as much as we have :) Now to get the mindset right!

How very glass half full.

KP's and rucks take years to develop. Tall backs and rucks are often ranked lower than mids and forwards and hence slide. Players who are a tad shorter but with the tools also slide and yes small backs and forwards do as well.

Look at Barrass, Willie, Le cras.......all 3rd rounders.

Sure the top 30 give you the best chance but certain types of very good footballers do slide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back