List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
I saw Tim today at the park (with his kids so i left him alone) I have never seen a bigger group of relieved people just hanging out enjoying their day
A mate of mine delivered a couple hundred dollars worth of domino's pizza to them a couple nights ago, there were a huge amount of people there, everyone was happy, he originally didnt know what the big deal was but the woman he spoke to said something about Tim Kelly staying back in Perth, when he watched the news the next day he realised it was his partner Caitlin that he spoke to, he didnt even know lol.

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
Pick 6 for Hill was enough. To ask for more was being too greedy - and the Saints just called them out on it.

Bell is the master or so I’m told.

Fremantle just got goosed by StKilda. StKilda!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donpyke92

Club Legend
Jul 4, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
A mate of mine delivered a couple hundred dollars worth of domino's pizza to them a couple nights ago, there were a huge amount of people there, everyone was happy, he originally didnt know what the big deal was but the woman he spoke to said something about Tim Kelly staying back in Perth, when he watched the news the next day he realised it was his partner Caitlin that he spoke to, he didnt even know lol.
Did Caitlin give you a tip?:);):cool:
Edit; sorry to Bock and Gunston the thread..#clog

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I saw Tim today at the park (with his kids so i left him alone) I have never seen a bigger group of relieved people just hanging out enjoying their day
F642FB96-95A8-4B95-811C-2F360DD01D92.gif

Edit: This is also footage of Simmo seeing Brander and Kelly meet for the first time funnily enough.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
What are your thoughts AsterixTheGaul ?
I liked what I saw in the carnival this year and saw him as a second rounder. Hello ACL in the last game and I think he slips to the third round.

I think he is in our slot as players going interstate needing to spend the first year in rehab is generally not a good start. Different for us.

What I like is he is a genuine balanced mid who does most things really well. He has the ability to keep moving in traffic and is tough.

Starting our picks in the third round means we will need to be shrewd. This pick fits our need and our currency.

Apr 29, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
You’ve had compression issues twice. It means the big names are not on as much as the media thinks they’re on and others like Kennedy, Naitanui, Jetta and Hurn are on smaller contracts towards the back end of their career.

Good list management is just that and Vozzo is being polite and respectful of our playing group. He wasn’t suggesting anyone has had their contracts modified.

So you're essentially saying they are on less money in 2020 than what they could be earning if they decided to go elsewhere?.....

Never said a word about contracts being modified....seems you're having you're own compression issues

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
My understanding is that Hill leaving is non negotiable and will happen, whether its the Saints or not is another story.

I've got a feeling 12, a future second and Acres gets the job done for the Saints.
They wanted 6 so it wouldn't be bid on for henry . 12 could very much go for a guy they could get for two 2nds .
Not getting pick 6 has put a massive spanner in their works

May 23, 2010
Chalong 83130
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth (Demons)
You’ve had compression issues twice. It means the big names are not on as much as the media thinks they’re on and others like Kennedy, Naitanui, Jetta and Hurn are on smaller contracts towards the back end of their career.

Good list management is just that and Vozzo is being polite and respectful of our playing group. He wasn’t suggesting anyone has had their contracts modified.

So you're essentially saying they are on less money in 2020 than what they could be earning if they decided to go elsewhere?.....

Never said a word about contracts being modified....seems you're having you're own compression issues
or even comprehension issues!!

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Looks liked Belly may have shizen the bed on the Hill deal, Saints sticking to their guns.
Hill is not worth 6 + future 1st . With all the big prices on players heads no one rates this draft .

Dodoro said that daniher couldnt be replaced in this draft .

Must be a consensus that picks have less value this year and future picks are compormised

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Hill is not worth 6 + future 1st . With all the big prices on players heads no one rates this draft .

Dodoro said that daniher couldnt be replaced in this draft .

Must be a consensus that picks have less value this year and future picks are compormised

AFL.com (yes I know, not a trusted source) reporting today they wanted 6 + 2020 R1 + 2020 R3 (not sure if the saints have multiple R2/R3 in 2020 - if not they couldn't do this anyway).

That is asking for massive overs - those 3 picks are worth more than we paid for Kelly.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
This should help the budding sound engineers in the thread with their compression issues

We get kelly and the media take the piss out of the saints getting one over freo and kid no.2 is due tomorrow.

Been a good week

If the kid is a boy - name him Tim.

If the kid is a girl - name her Kelly.

Disappointing that right when SPP and Acres are likely at their lowest price and "gettable" we've got nothing to offer up but 🚽

They'd both have been good, cheap, AFL quality midfield depth.

Dockers will get Acres as part of the Hill trade IMO.

Hopefully SPP can't get a crack at port in 2020 and comes out of contract cheaper.

Disappointing that right when SPP and Acres are likely at their lowest price and "gettable" we've got nothing to offer up but 🚽

They'd both have been good, cheap, AFL quality midfield depth.

Dockers will get Acres as part of the Hill trade IMO.

Hopefully SPP can't get a crack at port in 2020 and comes out of contract cheaper.

There is a reason they are at their lowest price and are cheap depth. If it was a choice between holding all our good draft picks and having Acres, or losing all our good draft picks and having Kelly - the choice is pretty damn obvious.

Also Venables >>> SPP

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Hibberd is a much improved player, has put on some size and has moved from being a flanker to inside bull.
Would be a great pick up but could see him being wasted on our list probably wouldnt get much of a run.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Obviously our midfield best 22 is very strong now however these players coming in will be semi project players and in the short term injury cover.

A midfielder / flanker who has the scope to develop or who can provide immediate depth cover is what is needed. Same with a ruck and a kp defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back