List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

twce13

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
maybe im alone, but i can totally understand why essendon wouldnt give up daniher for anything less then 5 and 9.
He may be injured, but when fit he is their #1 player. For instance I doubt we would be happy if we lost nicnat for peanuts if he left the last couple of years.

Few years ago he was looking like becoming the best player in the league imo. The risk obviously is the injury history and if he can back to those heights.

Sep 30, 2012
The suburbs
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco Lions, Ferrari, Minardi
Daniher for 5 + 25 was a cracking deal. You could draft Ricciardi at 25 and pick a top line mid at 5. You get a developing KPF and a young mid to blood alongside Heppell and Merrett. It would have made them better come Rd 1 next year.

The fact they knocked that back for Daniher, who looks pretty cooked right now, is truly baffling.

That was an elaborate way of saying the dockers are a bunch of campaigners

No matter how well the wordsmiths craft the narrative; it always comes back to this, the Dockers are a bunch of campaigners.

All campaigner roads lead to utensil Burn.

And Amen to that. :praying:

Should be enough to convince you unwashed heathen to restore your faith is God.

God created the world and in his infinite wisdom he created good and evil, he created success and failure, he created harmony and discontent.

Then he decided to make it easy for us mortals to understand, so he placed all of the negatives in one identity and named it "The Fremantle Dockers".

And then he rested.

And he has been laughing ever since.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Theme from this period so far seems to be similar to previous - Geelong and Essendon are both absolutely terrible to deal with.

Even though Essendon have been notorious over the years of just being dicks to deal with in the past, if it was 2013 or whatever and Kennedy, in his prime, under contract asked for a trade somewhere else, I'd kinda be a dick about it too, tbh..

Having a look at the Freo and St Kilda boards and this could go absolutely nuclear depending on what happens tomorrow.

This is what happens when two massively insecure supporter bases go to war and ain't it glorious?

Almost makes you grateful for those bags of dicks down the road....almost.

MV5BMTg4NzI2MjgxNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzAxNjg0MjE@._V1_UY268_CR82,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Even though Essendon have been notorious over the years of just being dicks to deal with in the past, if it was 2013 or whatever and Kennedy, in his prime, under contract asked for a trade somewhere else, I'd kinda be a dick about it too, tbh..
Are you saying Daniher is in his prime?

Daniher has been struggling to get on the park though due to injury. The asking price is very much inflated because of the potential but there is a real chance that potential may never be realised.

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Who do Essendon play as KPF's if Daniher leaves? McKernan and Hooker? They're screwed if he goes

twce13

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
In no reality is Daniher worth two first rounders, he has barely got on the park for two years, late first is his value.
Whilst you may not rate him that highly and probably due to injuries which I can understand, Essendon would rate very highly. And if he leaves I believe their window is completely shut (it's debatable it's even open, but there's an argument that their list has under performed greatly under woosha).

A fit daniher completely transforms that team. He is by far their most important player and probably one of the big reasons they've been so poor the last two years. Mckernan and Brown dont cut it. He leaves then so does any hope they have of getting a flag in the next few years. I doubt essendon are going to give up this for a late first round pick.

He's contracted and worth whatever Essendon want for him. If I supported them I would be spewing at a single late first round.

A 25 year old, All Australian is worth far more than a late first

If he had actually got on the park over the last few seasons yeah sure. But we're talking about a player who has missed a hell of a lot of football.

If he had actually got on the park over the last few seasons yeah sure. But we're talking about a player who has missed a hell of a lot of football.

Mixed feelings here. Sydney getting screwed is good..buuuut Essendon getting a good deal I dislike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back