Scape Goat Alleged SPP incident/broken curfew + malicious and exploitative reporting by Channel 7 news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I am a Crows member, yes, and have been for many years, but if the Crows aren’t there I certainly want Port to do as well as possible. I’m passionate about South Australian teams. When port won the grand final 10 years ago I couldn’t have been happier, I was absolutely barracking for them."

That's about the biggest lie I've ever heard. A lot easier to believe that he has a soft spot for goats.
Surely trolling mentioning the GF 10 years ago!

"I am a Crows member, yes, and have been for many years, but if the Crows aren’t there I certainly want Port to do as well as possible. I’m passionate about South Australian teams. When port won the grand final 10 years ago I couldn’t have been happier, I was absolutely barracking for them."

That's about the biggest lie I've ever heard. A lot easier to believe that he has a soft spot for goats.
If he was really happy at that time he'd have known it was 14 years ago. 10 years ago we'd been in another GF and that was the one that would have put a big smile on Smithson's face.

Pretty sure the alleged goat fellator was celebrating like it was the best day of his life in 2007. Time his malicious reporting was put in the spotlight. A basic historical search should quickly and easily reveal his shocking bias.

Pretty sure the alleged goat fellator was celebrating like it was the best day of his life in 2007. Time his malicious reporting was put in the spotlight. A basic historical search should quickly and easily reveal his shocking bias.
not to be mentioned on 5aambassador.

rucci's love for port though...... 'but, but, but he's a port supporter'

This all nice theoretical stuff but some of it is crap.

1. If there is a work place dispute, the AFL club has to take it to a workplace tribunal and no need for the AFL to do anything if the tribunal handles it and both parties accept the decision. If not, and there is an appeal, then the AFL stay out of it until the appeal process is finished and accept that final ruling. AFL only steps in if club refuses to go to workplace tribunal.

2. If its at a pub or club or private place, tell the victim to report it to the cops if she thinks its that serious. AFL keeps its nose out it until charges are laid and a court hears the case. Bad luck if there is bad PR about the case. Either you believe in innocent till proven guilty, or you publicly come out and say its a bullshit theory, and we need to punish the individual because its hurting our PR image.

3. If the women goes to the media and not the cops, then bad luck. AFL keeps its nose out of it and says its a minor infraction, victim wants publicity over a dispute resolution, so she can deal with it. Club can be left to impose a sanction.

4. If victim doesnt want to go to court and doesnt want to go to the media then it goes to some independent tribunal to mediate the case. AFL keeps its nose out of it until they make a finding.

The AFL Integrity Unit should not act as cops, an independent tribunal and then judge. This author despite her legal background thinks it should, because there is a victim. If there is a victim, there are plenty of bloody laws on the books to handle these situations. From her article

Second, we found that complaints that were raised were often first reported to someone without the required expertise and often with a conflict of interest. Duplication of investigation as complaints were passed from club to AFL to police and back caused unnecessary and harmful delays.

That's why it stays with the cops. No need for duplication and bad luck if the wheels of justice turn slowly.

The new system involves immediate triage by the expert AFL Integrity Unit, which is also tasked with growing awareness and expertise to handle complaints at club level.

Who says they are the right people to deal with it? Is their expertise there or just spin control?

Third, we found that confidentiality is critical to increasing confidence for those who experienced sexual harassment to come forward and make a complaint and for delivering outcomes. The Australian Human Rights Commission’s sexual harassment research tells us that people are reluctant to come forward for fear a complaint will harm their own reputation, affect their job prospects, or result in no action.

So if the victim goes to the media then stuff them. They are harming themselves and other.

The Respect and Responsibility review showed very clearly that it is unhelpful and potentially damaging to have daily public reporting of names and individual details of a particular complaint. Such reporting undermines the privacy of the complainant and impedes natural justice for the respondent.

So the victim who goes to the media doesn't deserve any favours IMO.

In my view the most important ongoing conversation for the AFL Commission is how the AFL industry can help reduce the high rates of sexual harassment in our community, and advance gender equality, so its Integrity Unit has less work to do.

Why? Because parents, schools, politicians, etc have abrogated their responsibility and its up to sports and in this case the AFL to replace them? No its the AFL's and the club's job to follow due process and get independent people who dont worry about the PR spin component to do their jobs ie the police, independent tribunals and the courts.
Exceptional post

Sophie Mirabella just won her court case against malicious reporting: Sophie Mirabella wins defamation case against country newspaper
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-...mation-case-against-benalla-newspaper/9720482

SPP should sue.
I've heard lots of commentators about this on radio . Have heard "he sexually assaulted her". He should definitely sue these scum . The club failed to protect him by not telling AFL to guck off and get back on a plane and go home the moment they hit the tarmac in adelaide

I've heard lots of commentators about this on radio . Have heard "he sexually assaulted her". He should definitely sue these scum . The club failed to protect him by not telling AFL to guck off and get back on a plane and go home the moment they hit the tarmac in adelaide
The club did not fail him! The AFL the AFLPA failed him and SeVEn News abused him. I am proud of how my club handled this and their counterattack against pathetic Seven and the AFL Integrity unit.

FFS Pembo on radio still stirring the SPP pot. Says the reason the woman didnt go to the police is because she is from a strictly religious family and her parents would be horrified if they knew she was in that type of nightclub late at night.
Yet she goes on Seven News lel.
I reckon if that is her upbringing even someone touching her on the lower back and publicly kissing girls would make her feel extremely uncomfortable.
Gives another reason the club arent pushing for the video to be released...in consideration for her and her fears of her family reaction.

And Seven wanted the video of the girl to hopefully use as their exclusive lead story knowing her background and fears.
Seven are even more scummy than I originally thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's time to let it go mate

https://www.fiveaa.com.au/shows/dav...-Powell-Pepper-Didn-t-Go-To-Police-Says-Penbo

“The reason she didn’t go to the cops is that she comes from an extremely strict religious family -- not a Christian family, but a very strict religious family -- the type of religion where your parents would be deeply unimpressed you were in a nightclub at all.

Yeh but doing an interview on Ch7 about it all granted her clemency?? Riiiiiiiight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.fiveaa.com.au/shows/dav...-Powell-Pepper-Didn-t-Go-To-Police-Says-Penbo

“The reason she didn’t go to the cops is that she comes from an extremely strict religious family -- not a Christian family, but a very strict religious family -- the type of religion where your parents would be deeply unimpressed you were in a nightclub at all.

Wasn't the entire reason this hit the media because she put it on social media first? Seems odd that she'd advertise that she was out and about if she was in that kind of family situation.

What a load of absolute garbage.
Is there any lengths this person will not go to exonerate herself and her behaviour?

What a load of absolute garbage.
Is there any lengths this person will not go to exonerate herself and her behaviour?
Well she likes to lie to her parents and strongly believes that some bloke in the sky needs to tell her how to behave.

What these dickheads keep ignoring is that the club viewed 7 hours of footage from inside the nightclub before coming to the conclusion that Sam did nothing approaching what would be considered a police matter. So Penberthy is very much questioning the honesty and integrity of KT and co.

This kind of behaviour is typical of the media especially in Adelaide.

Ch7 gets called out by the club for wrongly trashing the reputation of SPP. No-one was expecting anything like an apology or a back-down. Of course Ch7 go on the attack after the KT press conference, attempting to defend their hatchet job. They've even enlisted the help of their buddies at 5aa. First smithson gets to tell his side of the story on 5aa and now penbo this morning.

Pretty much as expected because they know they can get away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back