U18 Champs Allies vs Victoria Country, Gabba, Bris Vegas, Queensland, Sunday July 3 @ 11.30am

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
PMBangers same question for Lawrence. Quiet game yesterday though.
Coming into the year Lawrence was the one I thought would be the pick of our Academy bunch, and while he still may be it's certainly not as clear as I expected. I liked him a lot last year, but mainly his work as a forward caught my eye, this year he's looked rushed with his disposal and has been prone to put his teammates under pressure with some of his looping handballs/ kicks. Still has a lot of weapons to like, he's a smart and hard working player with really high agility on field, perhaps if he had gotten the opportunity to play a more outside focused role his disposal would've looked better, but if I had to choose one from our academy pool to take atm it'd be Curry, marginally.

In saying that, I do hope we take Lawrence if he's bid on late/ in the rookie draft, there's a lot to work with there and I think some of his issues are more to do with role than anything, hopefully he gets some VFL opportunities after Champs as well to show what he can do at that level

JMCarey

Draftee
Jul 4, 2022
AFL Club
Sydney
played the first game and didnt look like he wanted to be there, has been dropped for the last 2 games, similar to Tom Scully who hasnt played the first 2 games for SA, seems like state team coaches are doing their own thing this year?
I believe his grandmother passed.

vicswan2

Draftee
Jun 8, 2022
AFL Club
Sydney

Supercoach scores​

unsure if they are helpful ...........just a guide

ALLIES v VIC COUNTRY

ALLIES

128 - Harry Rowston

99 - Jaspa Fletcher

91 - Angus Anderson

89 - Tom McCullum

86 - Brandon Leary

85 - Lachlan Cowan

76 - Nick Madden

74 - Joshua Cooper

65 - Jake Rogers

58 - Jed Walter

56 - Luke Lawrence

54 - Marlin Corbett

52 - Toby Alker

51 - Ryley Sanders

48 - Brinn Little

47 - Shadeau Brain

40 - Caiden Cleary

36 - Seth Campbell

33 - Ned Stevens

24 - Liam Hude

21 - Lloyd Johnston

15 - Ryan Eyers

15 - Ethan Read

Harry Rowston gets a kick away. Picture: Getty Images

Harry Rowston gets a kick away. Picture: Getty Images
VIC COUNTRY

155 - Jhye Clark

142 - Jaxon Binns

133 - Henry Hustwaite

129 - Mitch Szybokowski

120 - Ted Clohesy

113 - Cooper Vickery

100 - Harley Reid

99 - Coby Burgiel

97 - Jacob Konstanty

92 - Oliver Hollands

92 - Hugh Bond

88 - Olivier Northam

81 - Caleb Mitchell

77 - Noah Long

71 - Aaron Cadman

66 - Max Knobel

62 - Oscar Murdoch

61 - Zane Duursma

52 - Charlie Barnett

45 - Jonti Schuback

42 - James Van Es

27 - Felix Fogarty

11 - Archer Reid

https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?te...s/news-story/19b734e8b0d3f0084e4354422deead39

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
you remind me of the guys on the Hawks board who expect the new draftees to be the end result, they also called Hodge crap in his first couple years and maybe you also didnt like Petracca in his first couple of seasons? maybe? just a guess?

what im saying is you have to see the bigger picture and give them time.

PS did a quick look and you hated Petracca in 2019, didnt look further back, but wowee yep........
no surprise Northam didn't get drafted.

in terms of Petracca. I still do hate Petracca, as a forward. A great midfielder though.

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
I don't get the hype behind Jhye Clark? He seems to have no elite traits at all. Basically a Tanner Bruhn clone at best.

And Aaron Cadman basically looks like a worse version of Daniel Mcstay. a far worse kick. average mobility. I don't see the appeal.

And Olivier Northam, I also don't see the appeal. Unathletic, slow and poor skills. He's also undersized for a ruckman at 195cm.

Are my eyes deceiving me?

i was replying to this post (context of flowing conversation), Clark and Cadman are good players, Northam sure he had issues where he was playing ruck and was too short but refused to play KPP where he showed promise the year before, but you were right on 1/3.

Back