U18 Champs Allies vs Victoria Country, Gabba, Bris Vegas, Queensland, Sunday July 3 @ 11.30am

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you rate Rowston as draftable by your recruiters ?
There's a bit about him that I like, but he feels very 'samey' as to what we've already got as a contested mid with inconsistent disposal, so I feel if he's getting on our list it's more for depth to cover any potential losses. Of our academy boys, I think Madden would be the most likely given we'll probably lose a ruck during the off season, and Angus Curry is probably the only of the midfielders that's piquing my interest from this years performances

Clark just keeps on moving up my draft order. Just makes very good decisions. Firming for a top 10 spot.
Really pushing his case, showed he's a bit more athletic than I thought against SA as well which is always a booster

There's a bit about him that I like, but he feels very 'samey' as to what we've already got as a contested mid with inconsistent disposal, so I feel if he's getting on our list it's more for depth to cover any potential losses. Of our academy boys, I think Madden would be the most likely given we'll probably lose a ruck during the off season, and Angus Curry is probably the only of the midfielders that's piquing my interest from this years performances
Rowston has looked very good at the ground, superb workrate can see how he bobs up for goals

Can’t see it with Madden with his inability to get around the ground

If Sam Hayes can’t get a game when Port have no other rucks for same reason then I think Madden will struggle more

Can’t see it with Madden with his inability to get around the ground

If Sam Hayes can’t get a game when Port have no other rucks for same reason then I think Madden will struggle more
If a hulking unit like Preuss can get up to AFL level endurance I think Madden's at least worth a spot on the rookie list to see how much that aspect of his game can improve, I don't think he's an ND chance in the slightest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee Clark has been impressive, doing his chances of being picked at the real pointy end of the draft, no harm today.

He has good footy smarts and has a level of consistency week after week thats a real asset.

atm ive got Szybkowski and Clark for VC and Corbett and McCallum as the Allies best, Konstanty, Leary and Cadman with multiple goals in a low scoring game have to also be considered.

Vic Country play a defensive style of footy, it seems to be working for them though, but it ugly to watch.
I'm also convinced that Allies turn every game into a high congestion scrap and bring the other teams down with them, the only reason Metro broke free imo was because their midfield mix was just head and shoulders above with their burst from stoppages and forward 50 efficiency.

Binns makes me not want to watch football. His skills time and again....
If I see one more Country inside 50 scoot along the ground or go straight to a 3 v 1 I'm gonna cry

If this doesn't go down as the worst of the Champs games we've got some very grim footy to come
I don't get the hype behind Jhye Clark? He seems to have no elite traits at all. Basically a Tanner Bruhn clone at best.

And Aaron Cadman basically looks like a worse version of Daniel Mcstay. a far worse kick. average mobility. I don't see the appeal.

And Olivier Northam, I also don't see the appeal. Unathletic, slow and poor skills. He's also undersized for a ruckman at 195cm.

Are my eyes deceiving me?

Gee Clark has been impressive, doing his chances of being picked at the real pointy end of the draft, no harm today.

He has good footy smarts and has a level of consistency week after week thats a real asset.
any elite traits there? looks to have no burst from stoppage, not an elite kick. basically Tanner Bruhn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back