Rumour ALP Are After Kennett at Hawks Board

Remove this Banner Ad

I would suggest any move against Kennett has less to do with political affiliation and more to do with his quite impressive ability to run the club in to the ground, but what would I know.

If the Hawthorn Football Club had any fibre they would have frog marched him out of the building after these garlic comments...

If lobbying to be Melbourne President whilst still Hawthorn president wasn't enough, it was costing the club up to $50m in funding from the State Government and the AFL, walking away from a sweat heart deal to leave Tasmania in 2010 and recruiting 2 failed CEO's and numerous board members who were involved in the farcical appointment of Tracey Gaudrey in 2017

Kennett’s elevated ego thrives when leading weak organisations

Last edited:
Don't think politics has anything to do with it, but for Hawthorn's sake Kennett should go. Absolute disaster with an enourmous ego

Don't think politics has anything to do with it, but for Hawthorn's sake Kennett should go. Absolute disaster with an enourmous ego
It’s not just his ego. The bloke is an unstable, incoherent and unpredictable fool. Not the kind of person you want as club President. While he is around, Hawthorn will struggle. I fully expect he will start undermining Mitchell early on, particularly if we have a poor start to 2022. He’ll rave on with psychobabble about “corporate expectations and responsibility” all the while never accepting that there are expectations and responsibilities associated with being club President.

The Silk / Gowers ticket is supported by Peter Schwab, Bruce Stevenson and seconded by Gary Ayres and Chris Langford.

There is a new ticket that has been launched by James Morrissey today (hawksforchange.org)

The new group, Hawks for Change, is separate to the push for board spots by outgoing Australian Super boss Ian Silk and Hawthorn premiership player Andy Gowers.

Hawks for Change has backers among the club’s coterie groups, with triple premiership player James Morrissey fronting the campaign.

Morrissey has been an outspoken critic of Kennett, claiming he had too much control, and previously calling for him to step aside.

“All I ask of members is to reflect on the decisions that have been made and how the club has been run,” he told News Corp.

“In my mind, too many recent club decisions have strayed from Hawthorn’s core values. I want to see a Hawthorn that is community focused once again.”

That's a pretty damning vote of support against Kennett by the past players association...

I reckon he's done

Last edited:
The Silk / Gowers ticket is supported by Peter Schwab, Bruce Stevenson and seconded by Gary Ayres and Chris Langford.

There is a new ticket that has been launched by James Morrissey today (hawksforchange.org)

That's a pretty damning vote of support against Kennett by the past players associatinon...

I reckon he's done
I hate seeing these off field disturbances but Kennett has to go. I’m glad it’s happening in the off-season rather than mid season 2022. Let’s get the blood-letting done now and then move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that Mick Warner in the Hun was all over the Jeff Browne coup at Collingwood and having Francis Galbally on speed dial.

Yet he hasn't written one word about the challenge his mate who launched his book is facing.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He probably had a falling out with Catalogio76 and hasn't had access to his research!

Interesting that Mick Warner in the Hun was all over the Jeff Browne coup at Collingwood and having Francis Galbally on speed dial.

Yet he hasn't written one word about the challenge his mate who launched his book is facing.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He has…

That's a pretty damning vote of support against Kennett by the past players association...

I reckon he's done

What a line up, can we just put them on the footy ground instead?

He has…

He would say that, wouldn’t he………(nod to Mandy Rice Davies). This blokes lack of self awareness, inability to admit mistakes and change behaviour is exactly why he has to go.

What a line up, can we just put them on the footy ground instead?

In addition the Age is now reporting that James Morrissey, Bill Shannon (Australian Super advertising executive and Melbourne International Comedy Chair), ALP operative Stephen Donnelly, Lyn Sutton (head of the Thornbirds - HFC's womens coterie) and the 3122 coterie (10 high net worth individuals) are backing the two candidates.

The group is also in the process of raising $100k to cover the cost of a potential EGM spill.

It's going to be extremely difficult for Kennett to justify the appointment of Simon Taylor to the board

I would suggest any move against Kennett has less to do with political affiliation and more to do with his quite impressive ability to run the club in to the ground, but what would I know.
Our success is more impressive considering the handicap we have with this complete ******* nuff heading our club

If the Hawthorn Football Club had any fibre they would have frog marched him out of the building after these garlic comments...

If lobbying to be Melbourne President whilst still Hawthorn president wasn't enough, it was costing the club up to $50m in funding from the State Government and the AFL, walking away from a sweat heart deal to leave Tasmania in 2010 and recruiting 2 failed CEO's and numerous board members who were involved in the farcical appointment of Tracey Gaudrey in 2017

Kennett’s elevated ego thrives when leading weak organisations
Why does Kennett want to barrack for Melbourne so bad? Voted for the merger too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back