Dan Cooper

Victory Salute
Sep 26, 2013
Red Corner
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boxing
Alphonse John Gangitano (22 April 1957 – 16 January 1998) was an Italian Australian criminal from Templestowe, a suburb of Melbourne. Nicknamed the "Black Prince of Lygon Street", Gangitano was the face of an organisation known as the Carlton Crew, and a close associate of convicted criminalsGraham Kinniburgh, Mick Gatto and Jason Moran. He was also an associate of alleged organised crime bosses Tom Domican (Sydney) and John Kizon (Perth).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alphonse_Gangitano
Greasy little turd stuck to the sole of humanity.
Picked on people weaker than himself and confronted stronger opponents using gang tactics to overpower them.Just a weak gutless turd.

Just prior to his recent death, Bert Wrout made a deathbed confession that it was his gun that killed Alphonse Gangitano.

Popular belief had it that Jason Moran was the shooter. But according to Wrout, he provided the gun to Lewis Moran. Who in turn provided it to Mark Moran outside a n Ascot Vale pub. Wrout claims Mark Moran killed Gangitano, and that the gun was subsequently returned to him.

Wrout's account conflicts that told by Russell Warren Smith, who later committed suicide. According to Smith he was the driver in the Gangitano killing and he claimed Jason Moran committed the crime and then threw the gun off the West Gate bridge.

Hard to work out who is more full of **** when dealing with these types.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/subscri...tory-fni0fee2-1227431269299?memtype=anonymous

Just prior to his recent death, Bert Wrout made a deathbed confession that it was his gun that killed Alphonse Gangitano. Hard to work out who is more full of **** when dealing with these types.

Yes, it's just so hard to know who to believe. Like Bert, some say he was just a driver, others claim he was inner circle. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I just get dubious that these people come forward with stories about others once they were dead. Chopper was notorious for calling people mice or weak once they were no longer around. What can't be questioned is that Alphonse was a nasty piece of work and the real deal.

Yes, it's just so hard to know who to believe. Like Bert, some say he was just a driver, others claim he was inner circle. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I just get dubious that these people come forward with stories about others once they were dead. Chopper was notorious for calling people mice or weak once they were no longer around. What can't be questioned is that Alphonse was a nasty piece of work and the real deal.

Wrout is one of the harder crims to pigeon-hole He was always portrayed in the media as Lewis Moran's longtime friend and companion. But after Lewis got bumped, Wrout couldn't find a nice word to say about him.

The author who worked with him on his book soon saw the real Wrout - when he threatened him and his girlfriend over money from the book.

I remember a while back on a Herald Sun news article online, there was a user by the name 'bertwrout' or something like that, who posted a comment suggesting he knew for a fact Jason Moran had nothing to do with AG's shooting, and also knew for a fact he wasn't near the place when it happened. Got no reason to believe it wasn't the real Bert Wrout after reading a few of his other comments from back then.

I remember a while back on a Herald Sun news article online, there was a user by the name 'bertwrout' or something like that, who posted a comment suggesting he knew for a fact Jason Moran had nothing to do with AG's shooting, and also knew for a fact he wasn't near the place when it happened. Got no reason to believe it wasn't the real Bert Wrout after reading a few of his other comments from back then.

The poster here claiming to be Bert Wrout was called bertmooneeponds and he posted in the Who killed the Munster thread.

Either way, Bert passed away a few weeks back so we're not going to find out anything new anytime soon

Just prior to his recent death, Bert Wrout made a deathbed confession that it was his gun that killed Alphonse Gangitano.

Popular belief had it that Jason Moran was the shooter. But according to Wrout, he provided the gun to Lewis Moran. Who in turn provided it to Mark Moran outside an Ascot Vale pub. Wrout claims Mark Moran killed Gangitano, and that the gun was subsequently returned to him.
"G'day Bert."
“G’day mate, how ya going?”
“Good mate.”
“How’s Judy?”
“Yeah she’s good too. Listen mate … you still got that shooter? That .38?”
“Too bloody right mate, she’s a ripper that one.”
“Any chance I could borrow it?”
“Well s**t Lew, you’re a good mate. What’s mine is yours. Course you can.”
“Bewdy.”
“Going shooting with the boys, are ya?”
“In a manner of speaking … we’re gonna do Gangitano.”
“s**t mate! He’s f***ed, the Prince, is he?”
“Oh s**t yeah mate, he’s gonna plead guilty over that nightclub thing, plus he’s gone silly on coke. He’s gotta go.”
“Christ. Are you gonna do it? Personally, like?”
“Nah mate, not me.”
“ … Jase?”
“Nah. Mark and the Munster are gonna head over.”
“s**t. OK mate, it’s in this box. Here.”
“Cheers Bert. Appreciate it.”
“Oh, and one other thing: just make sure you get the gun back to me when you’re finished. Because if there’s one thing I love having in my possession, it’s a murder weapon used to kill one of my known associates.”
“No worries Bert. See ya.”

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mark Moran did the Gangitano job. Jason Moran and the Munster were in Al's house at the time. Jason opened the door so Mark wouldn't be put at the scene. It was all planned and The Munster and Morans were in on it. Andrew "Benji" Veniamin was the driver this was the first of 2 hits he and Mark had done before they had a falling out and Benji went joined the Williams crew. Alphonse was going crazy on coke and was pretty much a dead man walking he was put off because of the King Street Nightclub Attack. Simply put Mark Moran knocked Alphonse.

Mark Moran did the Gangitano job. Jason Moran and the Munster were in Al's house at the time. Jason opened the door so Mark wouldn't be put at the scene. It was all planned and The Munster and Morans were in on it. Andrew "Benji" Veniamin was the driver this was the first of 2 hits he and Mark had done before they had a falling out and Benji went joined the Williams crew. Alphonse was going crazy on coke and was pretty much a dead man walking he was put off because of the King Street Nightclub Attack. Simply put Mark Moran knocked Alphonse.

Welcome to the forums lol

Here's the two page spoiler in Bert's book, buy it. It's a good read and there aren't that many copies out there far as I know. And some email exchanges. Bert Wrout was a feminist, who knew?

Let us never speak of this again ... :)

bert.JPG

Attachments

• bert1.JPG
    bert1.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 217
  • bert3.png
    bert3.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Benji was a Sunshine boy and working with Dibra et al in early 1998.

Benji was a Sunshine boy and working with Dibra et al in early 1998.

They started drifting out at that point. Benji got in with Gatto who set him up with Morans. Benji did the odd job for them whilst Dino was in with Gangitano and his crew. They’d come back to Sunshine and brag that they “were moving up in the world”

The restaurant, La Porchetta or something where Benji was hit, is it still there? I went through Carlton in 2006 but no one could seem to “remember” where it was. 🤣

Know one of our posters went to school with him at Marcellin. No names. Was a knob there too apparently.
I was with an East Doncaster girl in the late90s, she knew him as "Alf" and was surprised when he died. All the East Doncaster girls knew him as "Alf".

Did anyone here ever bump into him?

Only two or three times, Dino introduced me to him one night. He was always respectful to me but you hear the stories the extreme one being at King Street you know someone is mental when a nutcase like Jason Moran is saying they are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back