Training Alright, alright, alright! Its the 2022 Pre-season training thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Was just coming here to post that - He literally makes Naughty look like a shrimp, which is impressive considering Naughtys a specimen of a bloke himself.

Bloke needs to grow up and start playing like he should at that size this year, no more excuses. In saying that him having an average year and then leaving would be a disaster, as you just know it’ll happen one day whether it’s 25 or 29 it’ll happen and he’ll be unstoppable at his peak, and we’ve now put so much time into him

Hopefully the Naughts and Timmy don't lose too much ground not training with the main group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting, given that we picked up four defenders of a similar height.
When I was at school you couldn't do any other sport until you could swim 50m. Everyone had to be able to swim.

Same at VUWO. You can't play anywhere else until you know how to be a HBF.

Team line-up for round 1:
1638751902089.png

EDIT: :think: On reflection I may have been a bit overzealous there putting a forward like Hannan on the bench. Leave him out and bring in JJ. He knows how to play HBF.

And of course the emergencies would be Crozier, Khamis, Gardner and Raak.

Last edited:
When I was at school you couldn't do any other sport until you could swim 50m. Everyone had to be able to swim.

Same at VUWO. You can't play anywhere else until you know how to be a HBF.

Team line-up for round 1:
View attachment 1292819

EDIT: :think: On reflection I may have been a bit overzealous there putting a forward like Hannan on the bench. Leave him out and bring in JJ. He knows how to play HBF.
It's fitting that you found a way to please bevo with 20 defenders ;) :D :D

Dom Bedendo training down back.
Bit surprised about that. He's shown great potential as a leading, marking forward. Perhaps there are just no vacancies in the forward line for his type. I see he's filling out to be a very athletic-looking young man.

Bit surprised about that. He's shown great potential as a leading, marking forward. Perhaps there are just no vacancies in the forward line for his type. I see he's filling out to be a very athletic-looking young man.
I get what you are saying but if there are no vacancies in the forward line, the defence is no room in the inn of biblical proportions. Exactly how many defenders do we need?

I get what you are saying but if there are no vacancies in the forward line, the defence is no room in the inn of biblical proportions. Exactly how many defenders do we need?
We definitely should continue to develop him as a forward. Given the strength of our list, we can afford a couple of players to develop in a position and I think he has great potential in that spot. We only have Hannan & Wallis as genuine mid sized forwards on the list so there's a massive gap for that position on our list even if there isn't much room there next year.

It's clear as day that Bevo believes our biggest area of concern is medium intercept defenders at the moment given our recruitment of O'Brien & the drafting of about 4 of the similar type.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back