Training Alright, alright, alright! Its the 2022 Pre-season training thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

1637562848792.png

1637562888603.png

1637562943227.png

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
When does preseason kick off for the boys? Feel like they would have had their mandatory break by now.

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Is anyone else stoked about the off season hangouts Bont, Naughts and Marra have had?

Couldn’t think of a better prep for either of the youngsters. Hanging with the skip, fishing, camping, the odd drinking sesh.
Marra doing some off season training with him.

It’s exactly the type of mentoring you want your captain to do and with him being one of, if not the best player in the comp, it’ll 100% set them both up for a strong 2021.

Don’t think I’ve been this excited for a season since the pre season of 2015/16.

dergert

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
With Bruce on the LTI list, will we pull the trigger on Toby McLean and place him as inactive?

Two extra train on talls would be handy!

Is anyone else stoked about the off season hangouts Bont, Naughts and Marra have had?

Couldn’t think of a better prep for either of the youngsters. Hanging with the skip, fishing, camping, the odd drinking sesh.
Marra doing some off season training with him.

It’s exactly the type of mentoring you want your captain to do and with him being one of, if not the best player in the comp, it’ll 100% set them both up for a strong 2021.

Don’t think I’ve been this excited for a season since the pre season of 2015/16.
I was most impressed with them visiting the Aboriginal communities in Darwin and hanging out with the kids. Quite apart from spreading the Bulldog brand, the visit, especially with Jamarra, would have given the locals a tremendous lift. Possibly the visit was arranged by the club’s community service program which supports indigenous youth leadership.

Can someone remind me of the name of the staff member (now passed on?) who set the stage quite some years ago for our club to support Aboriginal communities? I think there’s an award named after him.

Edit: it was John van Groningen.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I would like them to look at a couple of young ruckman and kpd’s if we did have a spot or two available to train with club pre-season

They had plenty of opportunities to take that kind of player, and didn’t. For better or worse,I reckon we’re backing in Martin, Sweet, Gardner, and Schache.

Just a bit weird to not get a photo of him from the social media team if he was there. Probably the most marketable player in the game at the moment.
Can't take professional cameras to the bathrooms

Remove this Banner Ad

Back