Training Alright, alright, alright! Its the 2022 Pre-season training thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bulldogs will take on Brisbane in their AAMI Community Series fixture on Friday, March 4 at Marvel Stadium.

Bombers in a preseason game? Gil trying to build the rivarly after Wright-gate and Weightman-gate

It just shows me that social media to some young people is like a drug. It has a grip on young Bailey to the extent that he doesn’t know how to stop it without forgoing some lucrative sponsorships, which probably have iron-clad conditions attached. I blame his management for setting him up. It’s obviously doing his head in.

The dopamine reward hit that average everyday people get from comments/likes is addictive. Multiply that by thousands!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Alcohol and other mind altering substances is a "challenge" to ignore for (especially) younger generations with the means too...

Possibly an extreme example, but different things can be different "challenges" for different people.

I'm not in my mid 20's either, and I do understand that there's a financial aspect, but on the surface at least it's pretty clear that the best way to avoid public scrutiny is to stop throwing yourself out there [to be liked, to be judged.]

You can break down social media in as many ways as you can think of, but the bottom line will always be the same.
Ego. (for individuals at least)

Ego in sharing your life/moment/6 pack. [and the applied to absolutely everyone, not just your 'celeb' types.]
And ego in the amount of followers.

The whole point is that it can be an unhealthy addiction, just like anything else can.

So while I obviously hope (and I'm sure there is) a high level of support from the Club, I would hope there's also a fair amount of education the mental health aspects of becoming excessively accessible to the random public.
Well said.
It just shows me that social media to some young people is like a drug. It has a grip on young Bailey to the extent that he doesn’t know how to stop it without forgoing some lucrative sponsorships, which probably have iron-clad conditions attached. I blame his management for setting him up. It’s obviously doing his head in.
Look at the way the Bont uses his social media. I know not everyone can be the Bont, nevertheless he has impeccable balance. Uses it to promote his sponsorships,kids books and sparingly posts about his personal life. I keep forgetting Bailey is still 21. He will look back at some of online activity when he is 25-26 and cringe. I know I did.

Not strictly training but we've unveiled our 2022 jumper and it identical to our 2021 jumper. Thankfully we are keeping the hoops on the sleeves, they sold out very quickly last year so I'd get in early if you want one...

2111B412_400_GM_FT_AOP__83158.1639949198.png

Not strictly training but we've unveiled our 2022 jumper and it identical to our 2021 jumper. Thankfully we are keeping the hoops on the sleeves, they sold out very quickly last year so I'd get in early if you want one...

View attachment 1300546

Did they have to get someone from the IT department to model it for the photo shoot?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who dis then?

268607002_10159520196277487_318260639732392666_n.jpg

I suspect he needs to sort out his priorities going forward. The sex-symbol publicity stuff is getting out of hand. He’s too young to have to deal with online soliciting, ridiculous offers from people who only want to exploit him and ruin him. None of our previous players have ever had to deal with anything like the attention Bailey is getting, and much of it has nothing to do with football.
I suspect that Bailey has a number of problems troubling him at the same time.
Probably, number one, feelings of grief over his mother's illness.
Also, I think he is actually in conflict with himself.

He obviously loves footy and has always been very hard working to the point of obsessive about his preparation and fitness.
He actually seems a decent, good-hearted kid.

But, his looks and 'image' mean he comes into contact with shallow people. People who are keen to exploit or use him for their own purposes. He literally doesn't know who to trust, and has said has much himself.

It's actually very sad and I hope he is getting good support.

Zaine Cordy in the ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back