Training Alright, alright, alright! Its the 2022 Pre-season training thread.

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hopefully the season doesn’t have interruptions and just as importantly, the VFL too. At least having VFL would have had helped some younger players develop more than they could have in the last couple of years

Flea just needed half a season in the VFL and he was kicking goals backwards and sitting on Max Gawn's head.

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don’t think we’ll have interruptions but we will definitely be juggling a lot of outs I’d think, geez it’d be nice if all the players were to just get it out of the way with now - didn’t most of the Swans team get it? Might be an absolute blessing for them.

Gonna be interesting after 2 years of no seconds teams gonna have to rely on their whole list to get through the year - I think a few teams in particular may struggle badly. Geelong and Richmond to name a couple

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
I don’t think we’ll have interruptions but we will definitely be juggling a lot of outs I’d think, geez it’d be nice if all the players were to just get it out of the way with now - didn’t most of the Swans team get it? Might be an absolute blessing for them.

Gonna be interesting after 2 years of no seconds teams gonna have to rely on their whole list to get through the year - I think a few teams in particular may struggle badly. Geelong and Richmond to name a couple

Hopefully they all gave it to each other at Hunters' wedding.

Dec 18, 2003
Braybrook
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Sunderland, Willy Wolves

I believe you can get the "Omicron" variant several times.

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Naughty surely kicks 7 a week in our intra clubs - good to see his right foot nana was still a nice floater off the boot 😂 fix that up please Naughty. With the amount of contested marks the bloke takes near goals being competent from the pockets is worth another 20 goals a year

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Naughty is only going to be as good as the next key pillar up forward.

If English plays as well as he did at the beginning of the year, they're both going to be bloody good to watch.
Best apprenticeship you could possibly ask for for Jamarra though to spend the next 5-10 years alongside Naughty - fingers crossed he in turn makes it a lot easier for Naughty in the future by being a handful himself. Watching these two together is going to be an absolute dream for us supporters

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Best apprenticeship you could possibly ask for for Jamarra though to spend the next 5-10 years alongside Naughty - fingers crossed he in turn makes it a lot easier for Naughty in the future by being a handful himself. Watching these two together is going to be an absolute dream for us supporters

And then there's Darcy. With Flea and hopefully Bedendo, our forward line will have marking ability like none other.

Libbaaaa

Premiership Player
Jun 1, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If he gets the sit Naughts is unstoppable in a contest. Hopefully they fix his tendency to rush and play on when gets the ball 70m from goal.

What I take from the clip isn't really about Naughton but Schache. Naughton really should always take control of Schache and will look good. But this should be more about the learning curve of Schache and if he can revive himself in the long run. Yes, i'm sure there were times Schache did well as he wasn't the focus of the video.

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
What I take from the clip isn't really about Naughton but Schache. Naughton really should always take control of Schache and will look good. But this should be more about the learning curve of Schache and if he can revive himself in the long run. Yes, i'm sure there were times Schache did well as he wasn't the focus of the video.
I actually felt bad for him for poor Josh. Naughts destroys the best defenders in the comp regularly, it would be a nightmare to have to train against him several times a week.

I like that the club was saving Naughton best highlight for last.

Watching that right foot snap float through the goals like a drunken balloon was glorious.

Last edited:
Back