Preview Alright, lids off. Which superstar will kick double digits for us this year??

whi

• georgiades

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • marshall

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dixon

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Travis boak

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • gray

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • other

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • oraxio

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
I feel like Georgiades should never kick more than 8, a bit like Mark Taylor not going past Bradman's top score.

Weird that you picked the number 8. Did you know that's what his dad kicked on debut?

You have to kick pretty straight to kick a bag of 10. Bruce kicked 10.2, Brown in 2019 kicked 10.1 against us.

Our guys will have to have about 17 shots on goal to get to 10. That makes it a pretty hard thing to achieve.

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You have to kick pretty straight to kick a bag of 10. Bruce kicked 10.2, Brown in 2019 kicked 10.1 against us.

Our guys will have to have about 17 shots on goal to get to 10. That makes it a pretty hard thing to achieve.

Mitchy g was kicking them like a deadeye last week

Young Charles would need 20 shots to kick 10

Charles managed to kick 6.2 with 2020 rules against WCE. 10 is achievable. Maybe 15 shots

Thats only one week. Last year and this year in trial games he missed some easy set shots. Lets hope last week is not the exception.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Georgie is a beautiful kick.

That Hodges like technique.

I expect him to finish his career with a very good conversion rate.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Georgie is a beautiful kick.

That Hodges like technique.

I expect him to finish his career with a very good conversion rate.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Most times, but I have seen him miss 3 sitters this year in trial games. We need him and Todd to kick straight to compensate for Raz, Charlie and others.

Powerage

Absurd Caricature
Aug 14, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Most times, but I have seen him miss 3 sitters this year in trial games. We need him and Todd to kick straight to compensate for Raz, Charlie and others.

Actually Todd has lost his goal kicking mojo over the last year or so. From the beginning of 2020 to now converting at 52%. Motlop, Charlie and Georgie have been compensating for him with averages above 60%.

goalkicking.png

Hopefully Todd gets it back this season and Charlie stays at his much improved conversion rate. Orazio's career conversion rate of approximately 58% is more than acceptable if he can get back to that by the end of 2021. Its probably a bit early to judge him right now.

Surprisingly Connor Rozee is the scoring forward with a very low conversion rate. His average since debut is 44%. Admittedly he has had foot issues although even in his first year that conversion rate was 47%.

Mr Experience

Southern Power fan
Apr 8, 2021
wat
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We'll get left behind on this one. It's rather annoying to watch mediocre-to-average forwards like Josh Bruce and Tom Lynch fluke a 10 (or even friggin Ben Brown against us...) and wonder whether anyone will ever get the chance in Port colours. Remember Schulzy booting 8 against the Bulldogs(?) in 2014 but can still only dream of seeing a 10.

MG will kick a bag soon should he stay fit and in form as he is the most reliable shot.
Charlie would have to ski on an undermanned backline but would boot 3.7 given the chances.
Marshall unfortunately doesn't win enough of the footy but still hoping he'll have that breakout game. Get on your bike Sticks.
Oraaaaaazio would need to start hitting some of those snaps he's been missing (he's understandably very keen) but I reckon we'll see a half dozen out of him soon. Looks good.
Ladhams = lol (still pretty salty over his performance against Wet Toast).
Wonder how much Robbie has left in the tank.

Guess we can't complain about having a bunch of options that would steal goals off each other rather than a one-trick pony like Bruce who stars one week but stinks it up for the other 21 games.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We'll get left behind on this one. It's rather annoying to watch mediocre-to-average forwards like Josh Bruce and Tom Lynch fluke a 10 (or even friggin Ben Brown against us...) and wonder whether anyone will ever get the chance in Port colours. Remember Schulzy booting 8 against the Bulldogs(?) in 2014 but can still only dream of seeing a 10.
These days more then ever you need your teammates to make you the focal point to reach 10. Bruce they said they made the last part of the game about getting him there as much as anything else. If Charlie, Mitch or Todd had 7 at 3/4 time (and we were up by 40+) I'd expect Ken to carry on as usual (or rest them after doing so well), rather than risk a couple of extra goals the other way to get a personal milestone.

Back