ALs Highlights!

Remove this Banner Ad

Heres the Beveridge interview guys

Champion. Bloody Barrett the little worm. I will say though I think Bevo is lying about the altercation they had at the Brownlow. But Barrett that altercation was done without cameras for a reason don't bring it up in the wrong place when he's the guest of your show.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Champion. Bloody Barrett the little worm. I will say though I think Bevo is lying about the altercation they had at the Brownlow. But Barrett that altercation was done without cameras for a reason don't bring it up in the wrong place when he's the guest of your show.

Of course he's lying, it's an old story, Bevo tore shreds off him about the Talia reporting. You can see clearly how much he knows he's being ambushed, but the angry little campaigner hit back big time. I don't think it was a good interview because of the nature of it, but I was proud (is that the right word) the way he handled it, because clearly he wanted to go all campaigner on the 3 of them.

Yeah there was some defending of Cheney. Not much defending of Talia

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

I thought that part of the interview was poor - we learnt nothing new at all. i am not a Barrett fan , he is enough of a fan of himself for all of us, but i didnt get Bevs anger at a journalist ringing him up. Thats what journalists do when they think there is a story. That part didnt make sense to me and i thought there must be more but he wasnt pressed on it. Bev also didnt answer the questions on whether he thought Talia was badly treated by the club or if there was nothing in what Talia did. Maybe now the people at the club have cooled down they see the whole thing slightly differently than they did at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought that part of the interview was poor - we learnt nothing new at all. i am not a Barrett fan , he is enough of a fan of himself for all of us, but i didnt get Bevs anger at a journalist ringing him up. Thats what journalists do when they think there is a story. That part didnt make sense to me and i thought there must be more but he wasnt pressed on it. Bev also didnt answer the questions on whether he thought Talia was badly treated by the club or if there was nothing in what Talia did. Maybe now the people at the club have cooled down they see the whole thing slightly differently than they did at the time.
I agree with you on not understanding why Bev was angry about being called by a journalist.
My take on him not answering the questions on Talia is he clearly thinks the Talia brothers colluded but can't say anything as the "investigation" is complete and the AFL released its findings.

I agree with you on not understanding why Bev was angry about being called by a journalist.
My take on him not answering the questions on Talia is he clearly thinks the Talia brothers colluded but can't say anything as the "investigation" is complete and the AFL released its findings.

I think Bev's point was that the journalist would usually call the club but in this instance Barrett called him directly and avoided our media/comms manager.

As far as im aware watching videos that are embedded in the thread doesnt count as a view so the least we could do to repay sackofballs great work is to go to the actual link and watch them? :)

I love Bevo, love what he has done, but I think if he watched that interview and had his time again he would do things a little differently. Really didn't like the why did you call me back and forth - seemed petty. Having said that he was clearly thinking on his feet and we've all been in those moments where we have backed ourselves in a corner with an initial response to a question and found it difficult to extricate ourselves. I certainly have.

Just on Taliagate - any queries fair minded people might have about why we did what we did I think can take the Cheney reference alone as evidence that what has been released is not what we believe happened. I just hope that seeing the type of response that they got out Bevo doesn't encourage other journo's to keep going to the well in the hope he snaps. Just want everyone to move on now. Talia has had karma and we should be looking purely at focusing on what we have in front of us.

I got the sense that the implication was that Barrett had slid the story past the club by bypassing our media team.
Barrett does that, and thats what journalists try to do (as if you wouldn't). In Barretts defence, at least he rang Bev to warn him of what was going to happen on the footy show

Doesnt seem like something to get worked up about though
It does if you have a particular dislike of that parasite. They way i understood it, Bevo was pissed that said parasite got his personal number thus bypassing his filter. His media manager would most likely have told parasite that Bevo is currently busy... perpetually.

Barrett does that, and thats what journalists try to do (as if you wouldn't). In Barretts defence, at least he rang Bev to warn him of what was going to happen on the footy show

In Bev's words Barrett just said "it's a little story we'll be mentioning, nothing much to it, etc", or something to that effect.

This one is interesting because Beveridge is the person who should be responding, but the protocol seems to require Barrett contact the club first.

Journalists should be trying to ensure they get comments from all material parties, not just trying to tick the box that they technically made contact so that they can run the story they want to run (despite that often being what happens e.g. Seeking comment 15 minutes before print).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back