ALs Highlights!

Remove this Banner Ad

CbK1V0N.jpg

David King on AFL 360 did another short segment on our defensive structure compared to collingwood. Would appreciate it if someone could post that for all to see.

Really good analysis, he gets a lot of s**t, but at least he talks about gameplans and structures, unlike most footy journalists.

Yep, that's why I say he's not that bad. Lloyd does a little bit of it too, which is why I have them above about 20 other 'footy media blokes' such as brown, dunstall, duck, derm, ling, etc. Y'know, people who have absolutely no idea as opposed to not much of an idea.

Yep, that's why I say he's not that bad. Lloyd does a little bit of it too, which is why I have them above about 20 other 'footy media blokes' such as brown, dunstall, duck, derm, ling, etc. Y'know, people who have absolutely no idea as opposed to not much of an idea.
I'm sure that if they actually were encouraged to, they could do really great analysis. But it's just that I don't think they're encouraged to. Networks would rather go through top 50 lists, or ask who would you rather, Stringer or Hogan, than talk about the structures and gameplans of different teams.

I agree with this. The football analysis in the media is pathetic. It is all about gossip and personalities. Very little about structures and tactics, unlike in other sports codes. e.g. football analysis in britain and europe. thanks for posting this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi, just wondering what the reason might be for the end of the updated content. I know our great friend sackofballs was the master behind this site and I have to say as a father of many children I often don't get the time to watch any of the shows so this site was a godsend. I would often catch up on all of the great Bulldogs content later at night when all of the kids had gone to bed but since Round 4 there hasn't been any new content.

I can only imagine how much time it must take to do it so if sob has got other priorities and cannot devote the same time to this endeavour anymore I totally understand and appreciate that but I was wondering whether there was maybe another reason as I noticed that the other site, Al's Highlight World, which features amazing NBA content, my other great love, was still getting updated regularly.

If it is possible sob to let us know the reason for the sudden ceasing of uploads I would really be interested.

If you have just been busy I totally understand but would love to know if there is any chance that normal programming might one day resume on Al's Highlights.

Hi, just wondering what the reason might be for the end of the updated content. I know our great friend sackofballs was the master behind this site and I have to say as a father of many children I often don't get the time to watch any of the shows so this site was a godsend. I would often catch up on all of the great Bulldogs content later at night when all of the kids had gone to bed but since Round 4 there hasn't been any new content.

I can only imagine how much time it must take to do it so if sob has got other priorities and cannot devote the same time to this endeavour anymore I totally understand and appreciate that but I was wondering whether there was maybe another reason as I noticed that the other site, Al's Highlight World, which features amazing NBA content, my other great love, was still getting updated regularly.

If it is possible sob to let us know the reason for the sudden ceasing of uploads I would really be interested.

If you have just been busy I totally understand but would love to know if there is any chance that normal programming might one day resume on Al's Highlights.
Hi mate, my first post on bigfooty in a while. The reason for me not uploading in the past 2 months has mainly been due to lack of time. Hasn't been anything relating to my health as I've seen some mention. I hope to have time to maybe get back into it at one stage but cannot say when.

Also I am not in any way connected to that NBA channel Al's Highlights world. That seems to be just a unfortunate coincidence on the name similarities.

Hi mate, my first post on bigfooty in a while. The reason for me not uploading in the past 2 months has mainly been due to lack of time. Hasn't been anything relating to my health as I've seen some mention. I hope to have time to maybe get back into it at one stage but cannot say when.

Also I am not in any way connected to that NBA channel Al's Highlights world. That seems to be just a unfortunate coincidence on the name similarities.
Thanks for replying so quickly. I fully appreciate being time poor with 4 kids and a high level job! I will eagerly await any material you get time to post but good to know you are still around and healthy.

Thanks for setting the record straight on the two sites. I always thought you were both a passionate Bulldog and an NBA fan like myself.

Thanks for the Easton Wood quincall... What a goal!!

I've been using a soccer management game for over 10 years now.

It was always free to everyone, but originally they had a basic premise for their "supporter" (upgrade) feature, that if you like the game, you buy the owners/managers of the website the equivalent of a "beer" as a thank you. 5-10 bucks, and you get the extra features as a thanks for shouting the owners in Sweden a "beer" from Australia. They've overdone it now and subscriptions are expensive for a game past it's use by date, that that's beside the point.

Long story short, I'd love to shout sackofballs a beer. I'm not allowed out of the house often so it'll be difficult to do in person. But with crowd funding being so easy to run these days, could the bigfooty/woof/other online doggie communities organise something similar? For whoever wants to shout him a beer for the amount of hours he's put in and as a thank you for the fantastic resource he's provided.

Maybe everyone who continually has hounded him for uploads won't put their money where their mouth is and it won't amount to much, or maybe he'll get the equivalent of a couple of slabs out of it as the smallest token of appreciation from online doggies supporters from all of over the world for whom the videos have been a god send across the last few years.

I'm not suggesting this as an incentive for future uploads, just a thank you for past ones. We have to be careful that it's not interpreted as him "profiting" from the uploads (which could get him in trouble), so I don't know how we'd guarding against that - maybe this post/idea shouldn't be public, but thought I'd put it out there to see if anyone is of a similar mind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back