ALs Highlights!

Remove this Banner Ad

I bought my copy of the Victory Pack in early 2017. I was more wondering what people thought about hearing a full call of the game in comparison to the original Channel 7 call. I thought I read that Eddie you-know-who was part of the Fox commentary team. Having heard some of the Triple M octo-calls of the prelim, I have always been interested in how other commentary teams called our finals victories of that season.
The only alternative call I have discovered that you can hear in full is a 3AW broadcast of the game (the prelim).

Last edited:
I bought my copy of the Victory Pack in early 2017. I was more wondering what people thought about hearing a full call of the game in comparison to the original Channel 7 call. I thought I read that Eddie you-know-who was part of the Fox commentary team. Having heard some of the Triple M octo-calls of the prelim, I have always been interested in how other commentary teams called our finals victories of that season.
The only alternative call I have discovered that you can hear in full is a 3AW broadcast of the game.

You can hear the full 7 hours of the ABC call through out the day.

I listened to the last quarter on Triple M yesterday and synced it with the actual vision. It was good to watch it with other commentary after listening to the Ch7 commentators at least 30 times

I would love to hear the 2016 prelim radiocall on triple m. Does anyone have this? I have downloaded 3aw’s as it’s currently available via my podcast all have abc’s which is on youtube.

You can hear the full 7 hours of the ABC call through out the day.

I listened to the last quarter on Triple M yesterday and synced it with the actual vision. It was good to watch it with other commentary after listening to the Ch7 commentators at least 30 times

Thankyou, MYOB. That recalls the magic of it all, better than visual.

From memory Knights coped a wack a few weeks later and bled all over the place again - the press of the day overlooked that one

From memory Knights coped a wack a few weeks later and bled all over the place again - the press of the day overlooked that one
Yep. Remember this well. A male described as Caucasian with dark hair, solid build, about 160-165cm with white line fever and possibly Italian heritage was seen running from Knights' home, seconds after an aggravated burglary was committed at Knights' home where he was assaulted.

Some pasta and meatballs were left behind at the scene but couldn't be linked to identify the offender.

It was also reported the male offender may have ruptured his ACL during the aggravated burglary but he had recovered in time to flee from the scene without being detected.

Yep. Remember this well. A male described as Caucasian with dark hair, solid build, about 160-165cm with white line fever and possibly Italian heritage was seen running from Knights' home, seconds after an aggravated burglary was committed at Knights' home where he was assaulted.

Some pasta and meatballs were left behind at the scene but couldn't be linked to identify the offender.

It was also reported the male offender may have ruptured his ACL during the aggravated burglary but he had recovered in time to flee from the scene without being detected.

As if playing for Richmond wasn't enough, Knights blackguarded a Brownlow Medalist. Some just have to go to the very bottom. Knights ended up coaching Essendon. About his only redeeming feature was that he coached them so badly. Keep up the good work, Al

As if playing for Richmond wasn't enough, Knights blackguarded a Brownlow Medalist. Some just have to go to the very bottom. Knights ended up coaching Essendon. About his only redeeming feature was that he coached them so badly. Keep up the good work, Al
I think subsequent events have shown that no coach can really do much with that pissant club - not legally at any rate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think subsequent events have shown that no coach can really do much with that pissant club - not legally at any rate.

You are better than me, JS. I can't find a redeeming feature, other than being bad at it, in a Richmond player who blackguarded our Brownlow Medallist and ended up coaching Essendon, even if badly.

Hey I've been looking for the biggs/picken 2nd goal octocall from the grand final and cant find it is it possible to post that again?
Also I cant seem to find a good highlights package of the rd 21 2000 western Bulldogs vs essendon match, sorry if this is all too much to ask, so grateful for all your work mate love all the vids go dogs

And this guy is never mentioned as one of the great small forwards.:rolleyes:
Maybe cause he's one of the great medium forwards. To my knowledge, he is regarded very highly and is always mentioned when assessing the greatest medium forwards of the past 20 years.

Maybe cause he's one of the great medium forwards. To my knowledge, he is regarded very highly and is always mentioned when assessing the greatest medium forwards of the past 20 years.
Fair enough.

Never see any many lists ranking ‘in between’ sized forwards though so just assumed they were referring to anyone who wasn’t a key forward.

I have seen a few lists which include Daicos as a small forward, and he would be seen as an in-between size so that’s where I am coming from.

Reckon Johnno is way underrated as a player though.

Hey I've been looking for the biggs/picken 2nd goal octocall from the grand final and cant find it is it possible to post that again?
Yeah I haven't been able to get around the copyright strikes on youtube with that video, so this is the only place it is still uploaded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back