Society/Culture Alt-Right: How the Breitbart Machine Laundered Racist Hate

Remove this Banner Ad

This post is interesting reading. It draws a link between people being unwilling to admit they don't know what they're talking about sometimes, and the alt-rights recruitment tactics.

That post is so idiotic it’s hard to do anything but laugh. I‘m assuming you are posting it as some anti woke joke to mock woke people. it’s a bit mean on your behalf. Woke people may be misguided but they are people and they shouldn’t be reduced to such silly straw man arguments as used In this article.

This post is interesting reading. It draws a link between people being unwilling to admit they don't know what they're talking about sometimes, and the alt-rights recruitment tactics.

Please tell me that is satire and not serious?

“Repeating alt-right talking points.”
didnt Know that if you agreed with just one thing the alt right Agreed with then that makes you alt right. Sometimes they might have things right even if they have a lot wrong. I tend to follow the scientists In areas I don’t have expertise in. Who do you follow? The left or science?

What a coincidence, I have the exact same reaction to most of your comments here.
I would hope so if you believe that article is making a good point. It’s mostly gibberish and is terribly racist and sexist.

Do you guys really believe lived experience, I.e. a sample size of 1 (and a biased sample too) is better for understanding an issue then the conclusions of detached people who use empirical data examining 1000s of people?

are you people really that anti science?

I would hope so if you believe that article is making a good point. It’s mostly gibberish and is terribly racist and sexist.
I don't believe you have much of an understanding of what racism or sexism are.

Do you guys really believe lived experience, I.e. a sample size of 1 (and a biased sample too) is better for understanding an issue then the conclusions of detached people who use empirical data examining 1000s of people?
I believe in evidence and reasoning. The author provided plenty of reasoning for their opinion, whereas you've provided absolutely nothing of value so far. You haven't even addressed a single point in the piece, just randomly shouted "RACIST! SEXIST!" like some drunk uncle. I look forward to seeing your empirical data examining thousands of people.

are you people really that anti science?
The irony, when the post was made by someone who almost certainly has a far superior scientific understanding to you.

I don't believe you have much of an understanding of what racism or sexism are.

I believe in evidence and reasoning. The author provided plenty of reasoning for their opinion, whereas you've provided absolutely nothing of value so far. You haven't even addressed a single point in the piece, just randomly shouted "RACIST! SEXIST!" like some drunk uncle. I look forward to seeing your empirical data examining thousands of people.

The irony, when the post was made by someone who almost certainly has a far superior scientific understanding to you.
Can you state what their point is? It mostly comes across as gibberish to me. If their is some grand point can you summarise it?

edit - I take this back. I stated reading it again and its non stop racist. Not the irrelevant woke definition of racism that you use. But the original real definition that actually matters. Its racism is so direct it’s quite disgusting really.

and the whole lived experience trumps empirical analysis bullsh** is frankly scary. It’s completely anti science. please Do not use the science argument against climate deniers if you believe this nonsense. Your hypocrisy invalidâtes the argument to deniers.

i can’t even get to the end of the article because the blunt racism and anti scientific views made me frankly angry.

Last edited:
I've just assumed everything you've posted on this board so far has been satire, because nobody could seriously be that foolish. That's correct, isn't it?
Keep fighting that "patriarchy" brah, the system that gave us the technology to be having this discussion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're the one who posted it. Have a crack at summarising it to demonstrate you're not the idiot most of us think you are.
Being thought of as an idiot by you is a badge of honour. It shows that I'm doing something right. If you're too unintelligent to read a passage of text properly, that's not my problem.

Being thought of as an idiot by you is a badge of honour. It shows that I'm doing something right. If you're too unintelligent to read a passage of text properly, that's not my problem.

We seem to be at an impasse. You can't summarise what you posted. I think you're an idiot.

We seem to be at an impasse. You can't summarise what you posted. I think you're an idiot.
I can summarise what I posted. I just choose not to do intellectual labour on behalf of people so unwilling to do it for themselves. Perhaps try not being so lazy in future. You're welcome to think I'm an idiot, I have the exact same impression of you in return.

You're having a hard time in this thread, aren't you?
No, I'm having an excellent time. The only problem is having to deal with clowns who refuse to read text and engage their brain cells so they can ask questions in good faith.

Oooo boy this is one delusional rant that is worthy of a read. Just to check out how far warped this section of society has gone in the US.

Conservatives have spent decades defending the one-yard line, acquiescing little by little as we creep closer to the point of no return. Don't get me wrong, conservatives do claim cultural victories—particularly regarding public opinion on abortion and life—and should be proud of that. But on the vast majority of cultural battlegrounds, the radical Left is overtaking reality with delusion. The examples abound.

I particularly like the part where she says "we can no longer whine" and well you can see for yourself exactly what follows.

As per one of the comments

Silly me.....I clicked on this article thinking, from the title, that it might be honest appraisal of conservatives facing the reality of perpetual defeat if they continue to lash themselves so tightly with all things Trump. I guess this wingnut has something to do with OANN?? Way way too many stupid culture war lines in the sand too address, but I will throw in a general comment that not every single person that disagrees with every single opinion you may have is an unrepentent Marxist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back