Society/Culture Alt-Right: How the Breitbart Machine Laundered Racist Hate

Remove this Banner Ad

[

In this country a far bigger problem is the Marxist ideology that is being pushed in our schools and education system and the total left wing bias of the ABC not some far right wing media outlet .

The idea that the world is made up of the oppressed and the oppressors appeals to lots of people because if you identify yourself as being oppressed than you don't need to take any personal responsibility , if something goes wrong you can just blame someone else .
Outside of your own opinion, point me to one report that has found the ABC to be biased against conservatives.

Breitbart as Trump's publicity machine:

Over the next several months, Yiannopoulos began to find the right targets.
And increasingly it was enemies of Donald Trump. In response to a Yiannopoulos pitch accusing a prominent Republican opponent of Trump of being a pill-popper, Bannon wrote: “Dude!!! LMAO! … Epic.” And Bannon signed off on an April story by Yiannopoulos imploring #NeverTrumpers to get on board with “Trump and the alt-right.” (Bannon did, however, veto making it the lead story on the site, writing to Yiannopoulos and Marlow, “Looks like we have our thumb on the scale.”)

I think Milo is turning off trump a bit , still calls him Daddy but he doesn't seem to be as impressed as he was 6 months ago .

Chief if you want to read some information from a really good conservative commentator Ben Shapiro is your man , he and Bolt are my favourites .

Last edited:
Trump derangement is pretty funny.
Could you describe how pointing to plain evidence that Breitbart manufactured Milo (even threatening to fire him when he got an attack of conscience over an article that all parties agreed was defamatory and a lie) and linked up with the Trump campaign - culminating in Breitbart's Executive Chairman getting a position on Trump's White House staff - is "Trump derangement".

I am listening.

The idea that the world is made up of the oppressed and the oppressors appeals to lots of people because if you identify yourself as being oppressed than you don't need to take any personal responsibility , if something goes wrong you can just blame someone else .
Yeah. Like foreigners or progressives or lefties or greenies or Marxist school teachers.

Could you describe how pointing to plain evidence that Breitbart manufactured Milo (even threatening to fire him when he got an attack of conscience over an article that all parties agreed was defamatory and a lie) and linked up with the Trump campaign - culminating in Breitbart's Executive Chairman getting a position on Trump's White House staff - is "Trump derangement".

I am listening.
You should ask yourself how this happened. How did a bunch of clowns associated with a fringe publication with limited readership get a clown elected?

Outside of your own opinion, point me to one report that has found the ABC to be biased against conservatives.

They don't have a conservative on the main tv station at all other than Gerald Henderson as the occasional guest .

There presented nearly always take a left win position on key issues for example the ABC management just recently had to remind it staff to be impartial with regards to the same sex marriage vote and any potential referendum relating to indigenous Australians.

Foreigners can be alright , the others are all terrifying .

There are certain parts of Melbourne such as our universities that I will not step foot on.

You realise that this article refers to people like you right?

Conservatives that have been intentionally manipulated into far right wing positions by the insertion of fake (or exaggerated) stories and articles designed to alter your perception of reality?

You see 'leftist' plots everywhere now. Not because they exist, but because you've seen planted articles that say they do.

Not only dont these planted memes and viral stories need any evidence for you to believe them, they'll often contain no evidence themselves, or run contrary to all available evidence. Global warming being a 'sham' or mass killings being 'faked' or the Russian hacking thing 'not happening' or Pizzagate being 'real'.

Hook line and sinker. And you dont even realise its happening.

Example number 2.

Malifice don't worry you are not the only one who is terrified , I don't know what is going with this country.

I don't doubt that most lefties like yourself are good people that mean well and as I have said to you before I hate racist people just as much as you do , but the left today are just nuts .

I am a very self confident person who is always calm but I think I will soon have to make trip to the doctor to find out if he can give me a pill to calm down .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Malifice don't worry you are not the only one who is terrified , I don't know what is going with this country.

Relax mate.

While you think universities are like this:

SOAS.jpg

They're really like this:

o-UNIVERSITY-OF-IOWA-PARTY-facebook.jpg

I think I will soon have to make trip to the doctor to find out if he can give me a pill to calm down .

For once we agree on something!

You realise that this article refers to people like you right?

Conservatives that have been intentionally manipulated into far right wing positions by the insertion of fake (or exaggerated) stories and articles designed to alter your perception of reality?

You see 'leftist' plots everywhere now. Not because they exist, but because you've seen planted articles that say they do.

Not only dont these planted memes and viral stories need any evidence for you to believe them, they'll often contain no evidence themselves, or run contrary to all available evidence. Global warming being a 'sham' or mass killings being 'faked' or the Russian hacking thing 'not happening' or Pizzagate being 'real'.

Hook line and sinker. And you dont even realise its happening.

I have been to a number of liberal party meetings and most of the conspiracy's you talk about I have never heard anyone believe . Obviously there are some on the far right who are nut jobs just like there are on the far left .

Left end of 07.

Was the balls. Hit up Spring break at Acapulco in '06. Between that, Tri-law, Triple crown, E-comms, Law camp, cocktail parties, toga parties, theme nights, pub crawls and Tavernology 101 I managed to get a degree.
A fanciful life you've lived there.

The kids these days are a lot more square.

You should ask yourself how this happened. How did a bunch of clowns associated with a fringe publication with limited readership get a clown elected?
Even repugnant bigots can harness the media. However Breitbart alone didn't get Trump elected. They were shaping this movement at the point when Trump arrived as a candidate.

At the same time, this was happening:

Above all, however—and this is key—it also works in reverse: not only can psychological profiles be created from your data, but your data can also be used the other way round to search for specific profiles: all anxious fathers, all angry introverts, for example—or maybe even all undecided Democrats? Essentially, what Kosinski had invented was sort of a people search engine. He started to recognize the potential—but also the inherent danger—of his work.
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/mg9vvn/how-our-likes-helped-trump-win

Once they identify the targets, they need a message.

Breitbart helps convey that message. Milo the tech-blog editor is whipped into shape (under threat of being kicked out) as Breitbart's new character "MILO" - the young face who focuses his wit and intelligence into corralling a staff and associates - neo-Nazis, hackers, doxxers, and so on - into finding the pain points of a group of people who feel marginalised or unheard. Breitbart uses him to confirm the cause - progressives, the educated, foreigners etc - and then a cure for their pain: right-wing values. And who pops up promising to deliver those values and Make America Great Again? Trump.

Bannon's #war had its ducks in a row at the right time. He became Trump's Chief Strategist - a position created to get him in to the White House staff.

MILO is the manufactured, data driven face of America's alt-right (aka neo-Nazi) movement.

I have been to a number of liberal party meetings and most of the conspiracy's you talk about I have never heard anyone believe.

Oh really? Read this for a moderate and balanced view of why that isnt the case:

http://www.news.com.au/national/pol...a/news-story/4885d64946d24de2231a5d0ec5174ae2

It starts with conservatives, and then they get hooked into this alt-right spam and click bait, and before long many become far right wing, or start believing in conspiracy crap, or just generally living in a very different reality. Kek memes and so forth get spread around the net (partly due to trolling, but partly due to some people genuinely supporting white supremism).

Political debate nowadays is just people (like you sadly) posting constantly about Marxist conspiracies and Leftist plots everywhere, and seeing Andrew Bolt or Donald Trump as a moderate voice of reason. Your cheerleading then gets shouted down by left leaning posters, and there is no discussion of whatever it was you were actually trying to talk about.

It becomes impossible to discuss any topic objectively when framed that way. The same old sides square off and hurl s**t at each other.

Id love to see a topic posted, and evidence (and refuations of that evidence) posted in a non-partisan manner.

Nowadays we dont need things like 'facts' or 'evidence' to support a story, nor will anyone let either refute it. People just frame any old s**t into a biased argument for whatever poltical position they support, and go 'bang'.

Even repugnant bigots can harness the media. However Breitbart alone didn't get Trump elected. They were shaping this movement at the point when Trump arrived as a candidate.

At the same time, this was happening:

Above all, however—and this is key—it also works in reverse: not only can psychological profiles be created from your data, but your data can also be used the other way round to search for specific profiles: all anxious fathers, all angry introverts, for example—or maybe even all undecided Democrats? Essentially, what Kosinski had invented was sort of a people search engine. He started to recognize the potential—but also the inherent danger—of his work.
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/mg9vvn/how-our-likes-helped-trump-win

Once they identify the targets, they need a message.

Breitbart helps convey that message. Milo the tech-blog editor is whipped into shape (under threat of being kicked out) as Breitbart's new character "MILO" - the young face who focuses his wit and intelligence into corralling a staff and associates - neo-Nazis, hackers, doxxers, and so on - into finding the pain points of a group of people who feel marginalised or unheard. Breitbart uses him to confirm the cause - progressives, the educated, foreigners etc - and then a cure for their pain: right-wing values. And who pops up promising to deliver those values and Make America Great Again? Trump.

Bannon's #war had its ducks in a row at the right time. He became Trump's Chief Strategist - a position created to get him in to the White House staff.

MILO is the manufactured, data driven face of America's alt-right (aka neo-Nazi) movement.
How did that fringe movement win it in Wisconsin and Michigan, long held Democrat states? Were they stronger in those states?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back