Remove this Banner Ad

Eric_Melvin

Team Captain
Jun 5, 2011
Corio
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi all.

I like to think I'm reasonably good at recycling, catching public transport, turning off electronic goods and whatnot to help save the planet.

I got home from the game last weekend and threw my new(ish) membership scarf in the corner, right next to 7 other previous years scarves. This got me thinking about the serious waste of time, effort and expense, not to mention the effect on our world, when the (quote) biggest club in Aus sends out 70k scarves a year that get shelved/binned for the next years offereing.

Makes me think.

Do you really need a new scarf/hat every year? And if not, is there something we could replace it with? Surely the club may be able to change it up, and stop the waste.

Do we need anthing at at, or is the money better directed to the club?

What do you do with unwanted scarves/merch?I have about 7 I need to get rid of.

I also hate getting things for free

Hi all.

I like to think I'm reasonably good at recycling, catching public transport, turning off electronic goods and whatnot to help save the planet.

I got home from the game last weekend and threw my new(ish) membership scarf in the corner, right next to 7 other previous years scarves. This got me thinking about the serious waste of time, effort and expense, not to mention the effect on our world, when the (quote) biggest club in Aus sends out 70k scarves a year that get shelved/binned for the next years offereing.

Makes me think.

Do you really need a new scarf/hat every year? And if not, is there something we could replace it with? Surely the club may be able to change it up, and stop the waste.

I donate them back to the starving Chinese orphans.

To actually address what you're saying, I agree. Cheap crapola as part of a packge annoys me.
I've never wanted/enjoyed crap scarves, crap caps, crap (offensive smelling cheap) plastic laynyards.
To me it's always smacked of a cheap arse showbag.

I did however like the fixture magnets & the player cards we use to get.

It's also cheap arse not getting our scioal club medallions stamped anymore with our member numbers.

Then again as long as the board room has comfortable seats & they are able to sup of the the quality grape plus some fine fromage who am I to complain?

Hi all.

Makes me think.

Ti les re

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I donate them back to the starving Chinese orphans.

To actually address what you're saying, I agree. Cheap crapola as part of a packge annoys me.
I've never wanted/enjoyed crap scarves, crap caps, crap (offensive smelling cheap) plastic laynyards.
To me it's always smacked of a cheap arse showbag.

I did however like the fixture magnets & the player cards we use to get.

It's also cheap arse not getting our scioal club medallions stamped anymore with our member numbers.

Then again as long as the board room has comfortable seats & they are able to sup of the the quality grape plus some fine fromage who am I to complain?

The Bolded. This is exactly my point really. Its not actually a FREE scarf, it budgeted for, and its cheap. And I dont need a new one every year. I do like merch, but I reckon the marketing boffins could come up with something new, and maybe even interesting.

I have so many it's such a watse. I agree. What are we meant to do with them all?

I take mine to the Salvos op shop. A lot of my membership merchandise ends up there, the Abbotsford branch in fact, so hopefully it goes cheap to Pies fans.

Hi all.

Makes me think.

- Start up a collection bin for unwanted Collingwood gear.
- Give the gear out at family day / VFL games in exchange for a gold coin donation.
- Donation goes toward CFC foundation

- Start up a collection bin for unwanted Collingwood gear.
- Give the gear out at family day / VFL games in exchange for a gold coin donation.
- Donation goes toward CFC foundation
A cheaper membership to opt out of show bag rubbish?

What to do with my Mark Bayliss jumper?

(Think about it)

:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back