Analysis ALTERNATE VIEW Do we really want top 4?

Do We?

• Yes, we will beat anyone anywhere, one less game is one less stress.

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Yes, a Qualifying Final will be less pressure

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • Yes, OP is an idiot, of course top 4 is better

Votes: 53 67.9%
  • No, we won't anyway

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, reasons in OP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Time to start tanking for draft picks anyway

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 30, 2008
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
I'd almost be more confident in going to Adelaide and winning a qualifying final than playing an elimination final at the G against someone we should beat.

The nightmares I'm having about losing in week one to Essendon or Melbourne at the G are becoming more and more frequent as the finals get closer. Does anyone know a good psychologist? If they could help me suppress the memory of Troy Chaplin trying to blind turn Nahas in the goalsquare that'd be good also.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Has mr magic hacked harrys account?
Can vouch Harry hasn't been hacked.No mention of us tanking the finals as our finals window isn't open until Lids returns as Mr Magic would put it.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Let's just win a qualifying final and not worry about it.

I get the concern though, we go out in straight sets and I reckon this group is mentally shot but better off in the top 4 and giving it our all.
I can sort of understand where Harry is coming from.But i guess with a dble chance the pressure is slightly off in the first.Who knows we might be that more relaxed that we actually play out of our skins.What i fear is if we lose the 1st final all of a sudden that 2nd final is already lost and we might as well have a fire sale of the playing group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

smurfin

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2016
Central Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I'll back Harry on what he's getting at. Obviously we aren't going to tank to finish fifth or sixth, we will try to finish as high as possible - second or third would be ideal.
But I worry that if we finish fourth then Adelaide could give us a hiding which would traditionally smash our confidence for the next week against Port, Essendon or some other bunch of clowns.
Just got to trust the"new" Richmond, which can be bloody hard after the last few decades.

On Nexus 5X using BigFooty.com mobile app

YnBlack

All Australian
Jan 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
We can do bugger all about the history and we are a completely different side to just two years ago. Yes many players still in our b22 but our style is a complete 180. I back our guys to learn from the crows loss and take it right up to them over there, the pressure will be on them to beat us. The hapless Richmond, hasn't won a final in over a decade vs the team who finished on top and kicked our butts in round 6........

I think we are a good chance to finish anywhere from 2nd to 10th so the destiny is in the hands of the 22 selected each week and the direction they are given.

Give me the double chance any day of the week, more to gain than lose.

Jun 27, 2004
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania Devils
I'd almost be more confident in going to Adelaide and winning a qualifying final than playing an elimination final at the G against someone we should beat.

The nightmares I'm having about losing in week one to Essendon or Melbourne at the G are becoming more and more frequent as the finals get closer. Does anyone know a good psychologist? If they could help me suppress the memory of Troy Chaplin trying to blind turn Nahas in the goalsquare that'd be good also.

Will never be confident going to Adelaide oval for a final again lol. In saying that top4 is the aim. If we make it I will go over regardless..

Back