Analysis ALTERNATE VIEW Do we really want top 4?

Do We?

• Yes, we will beat anyone anywhere, one less game is one less stress.

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Yes, a Qualifying Final will be less pressure

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • Yes, OP is an idiot, of course top 4 is better

Votes: 53 67.9%
  • No, we won't anyway

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, reasons in OP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Time to start tanking for draft picks anyway

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I just want to shut the world up so ******* badly.

See Fox Footy had another go at us on the weekend? This time it was Benny Gales wife apparently telling them that Trent was gonna leave the hub with his family over his wifes treatment? Man, they are playing their GF against us and doing everything they can to unsettle us. The damage the media is doing with the relationships between them and the club, what do they think the long term damage is gonna be?

Elton Johns Wig and i discussed this a while ago, we reckon finishing 5th may not be a bad thing this season. Logic being we have guys like Prestia, Shedda and Astbury who could use the match fitness and keep building. The extra game may give us more momentum. Because we may have bye, Cats/Crows, pre finals bye, Game to get into prelim (if we finish top 4), bye, then prelim. Whereas if we finish 5th, we go bye, cats/crows, prefinals bye, elimination final, game to get into prelim, prelim. I just think it will suit us better this season.
EFA. I think avoid an elimination final at all costs. Bad days happen - see prelim final 2018.

Should go without saying that you want any team in any sport to play to win every week, and I'm sure our Tigers don't know any other way.

But this isn't a bad way to look at it as a supporter, if things don't go our way.

Elton Johns Wig and i discussed this a while ago, we reckon finishing 5th may not be a bad thing this season. Logic being we have guys like Prestia, Shedda and Astbury who could use the match fitness and keep building.

Personally, I'm just stoked to see Richmond playing powerful football with another finals campaign ahead. First, eighth or anywhere in between, I don't mind. Just bring it on!

EFA. I think avoid an elimination final at all costs. Bad days happen - see prelim final 2018.

We won a flag in 2019. We were 21 points down at halftime in the prelim last year. I think we are a better team when we are playing.

Yes we want top 4. The more games you play the less likely you are to win them all, its just probability, think of it as an extra leg to a multi. Generally all the opponents played in finals are good enough quality, so it's not like it's an extra game against a bottom 4 spud.

The ability to be 2 wins and into a Grand Final is huge, the motivation of winning 1 and then playing off to be in that Grand Final is huge. Keep things simple, winning 3 games is easier than winning 4. This is generally the recipe premiers follow.

We won a flag in 2019. We were 21 points down at halftime in the prelim last year. I think we are a better team when we are playing.
Finish 5th and every game is an elimination final... even the GF. That is four games in a row that need to be won, something we have not done this season (yet). History shows it is a hard thing to do. IMHO there is no case for us finishing 5th just to benefit three players while disadvantaging 19 others.

Finish 5th and every game is an elimination final... even the GF. That is four games in a row that need to be won, something we have not done this season (yet). History shows it is a hard thing to do. IMHO there is no case for us finishing 5th just to benefit three players while disadvantaging 19 others.

But imagine the salt tigers winning from 5th-8th..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the more games you play the greater the chance of injuries :-(

the more games we play then more match fitness and touch for Astbury , Prestia & Edwards :)

the more teams we play on they way to the GF the the more chance we will run into some one who has a complete day out eg(2018 Collingwood, 2014 Port) :-(

finishing outside Top 4 could mean we end up getting more finals games into our young brigade ( we setting up a dynasty here ) :)

I'll go for finishing in the top 4 , but the world doesn't end if we don't

Back