alternative/fan-run sports commentating

Remove this Banner Ad

Ported

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sorry if this has been brought up before, i couldn't find anything.

Most people recognise the dire state of our regular TV commentating. The chemist warehouse radio broadcasts brought to you by mcdonalds get a free coke for every purchase aren't a lot better.

I was thinking the other day about the old Roy & HG grand final broadcasts. Not everyone's cup of tea, but it was refreshing to get a different take on what has become very tiresome.

There are platforms popping up that cater to this like SportsCastr. That particular service only supports a handful of leagues though. Is there anything else? Twitch could be used i suppose, and has a built in way to get financially compensated if the streams blow up. I really feel like this is inevitable and that in the future we'll look back and laugh about how we had to listen to alastair lynch and mark ricciuto on special comments.

I guess what i'm saying is, please someone that has a modicum of personality, knowledge and humour create a twitch stream and commentate live games so i have something to listen to when i mute the television.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back